Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

AsierB your counter-terrorists look really great :) Here you have some ballistic shields:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2690

However are you planning establishing branches more to the fight against the riot?

For the example commandos from it fashion would have outstanding helmets with visors protecting the head from injuries for example from stones

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3164

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/GroupBTSSNFSB_01.jpg

On this screen commando standing in center

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/GroupBTSSNFSB_02.jpg

Here the one on the left

For riot shield would be better for branches of this type

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/dak_mak_want4.jpg

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2784

And here is shotgun

I mean not only commando units here, but also more riot units, so like here:

http://swiat.newsweek.pl/omon-znow-brutalnie-rozpedzil-opozycje,zoom,56043.html

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB:Tambov_OMON_in_Nizhny_Novogord.jpg

Are you going in the future to deal with something like that? Having a group ,,Wolf "you would have a majority of needed element-s uniforms and bases of helmets.

Hi Ferdek77, sorry, I didn't understood at first what you proposed. I've been thinking about it and I'm afraid that what you ask goes beyond my capabilities. I see some serious obstacles on this: First we would have to get the permission from Red Fox Studio to retexture the units, and since these are custom made units I suppose that they would prefer keeping them on the OPFOR side. Second there isn't any less than lethal weapon on the Arma2/OA inventory. Making some research on the forums I've found out that there is a CS gas in the ACE mod, but I don't use ACE myself, so I'm not familiar with it. I'm still a newbye on addon retexturing, at this moment I just can offer some amateur retexturing and config editing. But anyway I agree that it woul be great to have some anti-riot units. Best regards. Asier

Don't exaggerate, your models are really outstanding :) Outside it- these are only proposals. Having helmets for commandos more easily błoby already to equip them with some visors for the protection of the head, than to create the entire helmet from scratch, with uniforms and shields the same. And apart from that the very fact of the existence of police commandos is already a major achievement and forming the combat police units is facilitating from available modifications :) For example

https://picasaweb.google.com/118338774743197856886/ChernarusPoliceAntiRiotUnit?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3d5PjMxu6zvgE#

Look at that. My friend at the request of my carried screens out from a few situations of the action of the combat police units. Let us omit the hunt in the forest and protecting the match, let us concentrate on very screens from the riot. My friend used a few alteration-s here to vehicles, to people, to shields, for arming. The most Russian commandos are just blatant. Having chernarussian commandos, equipped with chernarussian uniforms always it will already be to look better :) All the more so because alone you changed for example SUV to the police- version just as well perhaps he will imitate you to produce a few vehicles for police. It is I am a zero in the subject of the modelling, because I am not having the foggiest idea about it, you are very good at that ;)

Sorry for the lack of replies on my side, I've been busy with work and social life (for once hahah)

I feel this is the right time for me to ask this, is anybody looking to join the dev team for PCDF?

If you'd like to be a part of the dev team, keep in mind a few things:

- I must aprove all content created by other members

- Only content that we have permissions for (by their original creator) is allowed

- I will take all ideas and suggestions into full consideration, but I retain full control over the mod

Positions I'm look for:

- Modellers/Texturerers

- People good at model.cfg creation/entries

- Scripters (for campaign/mission design)

- Testers (you will test all versions before they are released to the public)

What you need:

- Ability to communicate clearly in english

- Skype (Required for communication between the team members)

- SVN Client (Tortoise SVN is what I use)

If you are still interested, shoot me a PM.

I was working on the CDF line of AK type weapons yesterday. I'll describe them because I forgot to upload pictures.

Chernarus Armory (CA) Weapon Series

CA-72

- Vehicle crew service weapon

- 5.45x39mm Ammo

- Accepts 30 round magazines

- Full Auto, Burst, Single Shot

CA-74

- Standard infantry service weapon

- 5.45x39mm Ammo

- Accepts 30 round magazines

- Comes in M203, ACOG and ACOG w/M203 variants

CA-90

- Marksman rifle

- 5.45x39mm Ammo

- Accepts 30 round magazine

- Single shot

- Bipod

CA-MG78

- Squad automatic rifle

- 5.45x39mm Ammo

- Accepts 45 round magazines

- Bipod

- Comes in ACOG variant

CA-MG80

- Light machinegun

- 7.62x54mm Ammo

- Accepts 100 round box

- Full Auto, Single Shot

- Bipod

- Comes in ACOG variant

- Also mounted on various vehicles

CA-MG82

- Heavy Machinegun

- 127x107mm Ammo

- Accepts 150 round box

- Full Auto

- Comes in ACOG variant

- Mounted on various vehicles

That sounds good :) You are going to add arming beside standard Soviet and American entirely to replace the current equipment with it?

That sounds good :) You are going to add arming beside standard Soviet and American entirely to replace the current equipment with it?

Alongside.

I'm moving PCDF to it's own faction under Bluefor so that I don't mix my stuff up with the vanilla stuff anymore.

Men <--- Vanilla uniform with new guns

Men (Eastern) <--- Eastern uniform with vanilla CDF guns

Men (Western) <--- PASGT uniform with western guns

That's how I'll split it up, the regular Men will be armed with the new Chernarus Armory equipment as I make it.

I also have some new ideas for vehicles. I'll try to post some pictures when I get home.

Hell yea Chernarussian own weapons! This will be amazing cannot wait please make ammobox with it as well!

Looking forward for some pictures

CA-72

ca72.jpg

CA-74

ca74.jpg

CA-74 M203

ca72gl.jpg

CA-74 ACOG

ca74_acog.jpg

CA-74 ACOG M203

ca74_acog_gl.jpg

CA-MG78

camg78.jpg

CA-MG78 ACOG

camg78_acog.jpg

They look quite impressive those new rifles, how about adding silenced versions, night scope, torch versions and thermal scopes? Also perhaps the CDF have their own pistol aswell? Also you mentioned vehicles what CDF Variants or Unique Vehicles are you planning?

Either way it all sounds promising :)

Edited by R0adki11

They look quite impressive those new rifles, how about adding silenced versions, night scope, torch versions and thermal scopes? Also perhaps the CDF have their own pistol aswell? Also you mentioned vehicles what CDF Variants or Unique Vehicles are you planning?

Either way it all sounds promising :)

I've been building these with ArmA 1 MLODs that are available, I'll definetly add some silencers, night stores, lights, etc as soon as I can.

They'll definetly have their own pistol and AT weapons, etc.

One vehicle I'm working on for the CDF right now is a BRDM2 with a BMP-1P turret on the top instead of the regular BRDM2 turret.

It looks pretty bad ass right now.

In other news AsierB has joined the PCDF dev team as a texture artist.

You know I have been thinking about weapons. The Galil Ace is an interesting and relatively new development. They took the Galil and "updated" it with an M4 style stock, picatinny rails, magwell ears (to help insertion of the mags) and use the Micro Galil front sight block/gas port. It is a very unique-looking rifle, comes in all the popular military calibers. The Galil Ace would provide a good basis for a wide range of weapons since it is being postured as the "modernized Galil". Which arguably and IMO is one of the best AK designs on the planet. I'd submit that to the CDF armorers as a viable weapon platform for their forces :cool:

Edit to add - The Galil Ace also comes with a left-side charging handle (like a FAL). Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the M4 collapsible stock as I prefer the Galil/FAL style tubular folders. However the collapsible stock provides more flexibility since it can be adjusted to accomodate cold-weather clothing and/or body armor.

A quick search for pics found these:

galil_ace_556.jpg

galil_ace_762x39.jpg

galil_ace_762x51.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Love it! they look like a mix of SG 550 and AK 74 :P

Will look awesome for my TRU.

As well the pictures are kinda shrinked and unable to see much from it... Possible some big pictures perhaps?

EDIT: Will you make some westernized officers and generals?

Edited by Sakowski

pookie, I'd definetly take donations from you any day. Keep me posted!

And how exackly is grenadier suppose to reload? :confused: (magic?)

And how exackly is grenadier suppose to reload? :confused: (magic?)

Like BIS grenade launchers are reloaded, an animation that is the same as reloading the main magazine, but a grenade magically gets loaded in.

I don't see what you are questioning to be honest?

Like BIS grenade launchers are reloaded, an animation that is the same as reloading the main magazine, but a grenade magically gets loaded in.

I don't see what you are questioning to be honest?

what he means is, the AK mag needs to be pulled forward as well as down when reloading. The M203 will prevent that ;)

Yeah, AK mags have a little lip at the front and a slot at the back for a spring loaded magazine catch. To put a mag in, you put the front corner in first and engage the lip on a similar lip in the mag well, and hinge the back of the magazine into place. To remove the mag, you put the magazine catch open with your thumb, and hinge it forward again until the lip on the magazine is no longer engaging the lip on the front of the magazine well. You can't slide them up and down like on western rifles.

See I don't know these things haha.

I've learned what I know mainly from this series and as we all know, the ArmA 2 reloading animations do not show this.

Well, if you were worried about that, you can just move the launcher forward a bit. It doesn't have to turn much, just enough so you the back of the magazine clears the mag well.