Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

No biggie, just didn't want anybody to think we're claiming that to be our work.

"Kinzhal" operatives, PRSZ's Police SF Group:

PRSZ_police_SF_models.jpg

PRSZ_police_SF_seal_airport.jpg

Officers from the South Zagorian Police's "Kinzhal" Group bar the entrance to Krasnostav airfield to journalists. Yesterday undisclosed NATO souces leaked that ousted Takistani President Behnam Kadivar may have been flown to South Zagoria while the new Takistani junta negotiates the terms of Kadivar's exile in Moscow with Russian Federation representatives.

PRSZ_police_vans_during_arrest.jpg

South Zagorian police officers arrest four persons for chaining themselves to the entrance of the Education Ministry in Chernogorsk, protesting for the closure of the last school which taught on Chernarussian language. Two weeks ago South Zagoria's authorities passed a law establishing Russian as the only valid language on the education system.

2nd_Mech_Inf_Bat_1st_Mech_Inf_Brig.jpg

South Zagorian 2nd Mechanized Infantry Battalion, 1st Mechanized Infantry Brigade, receiving the Defence Minister, Marshal Pavel Alekseyev, for unit inspection.

2nd_Mech_Inf_Bat_1st_Mech_Inf_Brig_v02.jpg

Marshal Alekseyev's helicopter from the point of view of a private. Source: Ministry of Defence.

PRSZ_artillery_training.jpg

3rd Artillery Battery, Artillery Battalion, 2nd Motorized Infantry Brigade. Training of new conscripts on the use of D30 122mm howitzer.

PRSZ_reservist_training.jpg

All South Zagorian males aged between 18 and 50 after completing the compulsory military service form the People's Militia. Members of the People's Militia undergo one week update training per year to maintain minimum combat skills. The group from the picture is from Story Sobor.

Looking great PCDF, keep up the great work :)

Sorry for the long time it's taking to release 1.05, but there are so many textures in PCDF that I'm not happy with, so I have to re-do them. There's also a lot of polishing I'd like to do on the existing units. I've noticed that pretty much all the new tanks lack destruct/damage textures and I really want to fix that.

So many fixes, so little time haha

You can use the default BIS damage textures and they don't look too bad. Followed Gnat's tutorials to add them to my vehicles. May be a quick fix if you want to release now and polish the damage tex later.

GS looking good i play a lot with PRAC's with you work with CDF upgrade this faction is on my list

like joe dirt said keep on keeping on....

You can use the default BIS damage textures and they don't look too bad. Followed Gnat's tutorials to add them to my vehicles. May be a quick fix if you want to release now and polish the damage tex later.

Oh I have no problem using the BIS damage/destruct textures, just have to properly set it up in the configs. Do you have a link to that tutorial?

Excellent set of screens! I really like the direction this mod is heading, simple idea that adds a new dynamic and resurrects the original campaign.

Oh I have no problem using the BIS damage/destruct textures, just have to properly set it up in the configs. Do you have a link to that tutorial?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Vehicle_Damage

I would keep the damage and destuct rvmats pretty much the same as your default ones to start and just add damage and destruct detail and macro maps as needed. You can then tone down the specularity if you need to.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Vehicle_Damage

I would keep the damage and destuct rvmats pretty much the same as your default ones to start and just add damage and destruct detail and macro maps as needed. You can then tone down the specularity if you need to.

Thanks max, I'll spend some time with this.

I looked at that tutorial and there's an image that's broken right in the middle of the tutorial. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I cannot seem to get it working.

I'll msg you on Skype, max, if you have some free time.

will you be able to make groups? what I mean is for example when you go to editor you can add groups of units.

((Kinda need it :-|))

Small suggestion: What about some sort of new camouflage? :D or perhaps desert units?

Edited by Sakowski

will you be able to make groups? what I mean is for example when you go to editor you can add groups of units.

((Kinda need it :-|))

Small suggestion: What about some sort of new camouflage? :D or perhaps desert units?

Groups and desert units will come one day, but unfortunately there are only two of us and we're both pretty busy.

I see...

Well either way how is the custom weapon going, any updates?

And a small question, do you think the current camouflage fits a map like lingor map perhaps? for units and vehicles?

Edited by Sakowski

I see...

Well either way how is the custom weapon going, any updates?

And a small question, do you think the current camouflage fits a map like lingor map perhaps? for units and vehicles?

The custom weapons are now being handled by somebody else who offered. I'm not sure how far they have progressed.

The current camo for both vehicles and infantry should be fine for lingor and any other tropical/temperate landscape.

Here are some of my suggestions :D

1. Modify RPK - get rid of some wooden stuff, change barrel add some sight and maybe a drum magazine? :D

2. Add some western aircrafts? Mirage III, F-4, Panavia Tornado ADV?

3. More cars, like western transport vehicles (big vehicles)

4. Some sort of airplane where you can paradrop units?

5. Special Paradrop units, differ camouflaged soldiers and so on?

Is the faction still called CDF or PCDF (scripting wise e.g faction_cdf or faction_pcdf) ?

Edited by Sakowski

Pcdf already has two cargo planes in it and c130 for sure

Groups are an easy config add. I'd recommend you looking at other mods see how they do groups and then do your own groups. If they are done well you can give them to gossamer and that will save him some work. Just my two cents

Pcdf already has two cargo planes in it and c130 for sure

Groups are an easy config add. I'd recommend you looking at other mods see how they do groups and then do your own groups. If they are done well you can give them to gossamer and that will save him some work. Just my two cents

Yeah the CDF have the C-130J already. I plan to (sometime in the future) add the AN-72 (Or is it the 74? I forget).

I made a post a while back asking for contributers to PCDF. If anybody wishes to contribute work, feel free.

I looked at that tutorial and there's an image that's broken right in the middle of the tutorial. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I cannot seem to get it working.

If you have the MLODs from any of my vehicles, they all have working damage textures and the vehicle damage RVMATS as well... ditto for all of my boats. So you should have plenty of MLODs to play with :) I followed Gnat's tut to the letter and got it to work. I think I read it on OFPEC.

That being said... make sure every texture has three textures listed in the damage section. The "normal", the "half damage", and the "full damage". Repeat for each of the textures. You will probably only need the first few and leave it at that. You can "damagehide" anything else like the little bits and pieces of the model.

ANother thing is to make sure the sizes are the same as your texture. If they aren't then the BIS damage texture won't apply properly. e.g. damage_1024x1024 for that size texture, etc.

Hope this helps - EDIT - for some reason his tut in OFPEC still has all the pics:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=31652.0

Edited by hcpookie

You haven't Skyped me yet but feel free. It's what you have my Skype contact for :)

Thanks pookie, I'll check that link out and your MLODs (I have your BRDM2 pack sitting on the P: drive).

I'll get on Skype tonight Max, if I'm still having issues (which I probably will hahah).

Just a random play around in editor with PCDF in Lingor Island :P some how I tend to love their camouflage more and more lol

Untitled1.jpg

Few CDF men from 18th Pechota Pluk (Infantry Regiment) training in the FOB Hrom in Lingor Islands

Untitled.jpg

Half of CDF 18th Pechota Pluk (Infantry Regiment) being inspected by the General. Remaining units from 18th Pechota Pluk will be transported to Lingor Island in no time as there were technical problems with the Carrier.

Cannot wait for more stuff added, I think I gave a suggestion before, Western units really need a officer!

Cannot wait for more stuff added, I think I gave a suggestion before, Western units really need a officer!

Western guys are getting a bit of a makeover for next version, I'll post screenshots when they are done.