Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

What would a recon one entail? Like how would it look.

Those vehicles look great Gossamer, congratulations for a well done job!

If you feel like working with more planes there's a chance to get a Sukhoi Su-22 ground attack plane to ChDKZ or PRSZ side.

On May 2011 "Franze" released several unfinished planes (Su-22, MiG-23 and AN-12):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14228

The Su-22 is 99% done, except for a couple of textures on the cockpit, although I'm sure that we can live without them. It shows the Sahrani Liberation Army emblem, which is very similar to the spray painted ChDKZ red star. Even the green and sand libery is very similar to the one used by ChDKZ on its vehicles. It would be necessary to make a small cpp modification to set it on the ChDKZ or PRSZ side.

http://s7.postimage.org/sktyy9quz/Su_22_by_Franze.jpg

Unfortunately the MiG-23 interceptor would require more work, it even doesn't have engine sound.

Best regards,

Asier

An An-12 would be cool for the CDF. I don't know how done that model is though so it may not be possible.

the Su-22 wld427 is actually working on and will eventually release with an updated TK extension. ive never seen anything for the MiG-23 though

For both sides do you think that the assistant classes for infantry could be created? Assistant machine gunner, assistant automatic rifleman, assistant AT...etc. With ASR they are very useful and they also fill out groups quite nicely. Just a thought

Maybe you can use for the CDF a AN-72 like this:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2005

This one is great, and have a nice script for paratroopers.

I'd probably add the AN-72 to the PRSZ more than the CDF since the CDF already has the C-130 (and they both have pretty much the same role).

For both sides do you think that the assistant classes for infantry could be created? Assistant machine gunner, assistant automatic rifleman, assistant AT...etc. With ASR they are very useful and they also fill out groups quite nicely. Just a thought

What are the assistants equiped with gear wise? Do they just hold ammo for the non-assistant?

What are the assistants equiped with gear wise? Do they just hold ammo for the non-assistant?

yip,I had to carry around belts of 7.62 for the GPMG gunner one day. Wasnt fun at all (though carrying it is worse :p)

assistants in Arma carry around 6 mags for their own weapon, then say RPG ammo but no launcher.

The difference between planes is so C-130 is taking 25+1 and there is no possibility of the airdrop of parachuters, however An-72 is taking 37+1 and is able to drop parachuters. CDF is an army having quite a lot of post-Soviet equipment, so such a plane on the equipment would fit entirely. But you will do, as you wish. It is only a suggestion ;)

They would be your standard rifleman class but with a backpack which would hold their roles extra ammo. So automatic rifleman would have a bag of a few extra RPK mags for the eastern units or a bag of a few SAW boxes for the western units.

The difference between planes is so C-130 is taking 25+1 and there is no possibility of the airdrop of parachuters, however An-72 is taking 37+1 and is able to drop parachuters. CDF is an army having quite a lot of post-Soviet equipment, so such a plane on the equipment would fit entirely. But you will do, as you wish. It is only a suggestion ;)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by no possibility to drop parachuters? Write a small script or select entire group - 6 - eject.

i sorta agree with ferdek...i would like to see the An-72 for the CDF as well. i mean, you have Mi-8 with rockers AND UH-60 with hellfires, M1 Abrams AND T-80, why not C-130 AND An-72. gives everyone an option of using soviet only or western only equipement. i myself only use the soviet equipment. but youre the addon maker, you have the final say.

I guess I can follow my own thoughts and just not use the AN-72 CDF if I don't want to hahaha.

This is all banking on the fact if I can get access to the MLOD for it, I've PMed Gnat.

A picture from not often seen CDF hardware on Krasnostav Airfield, during Operation Green Lightning, to retrieve Constitutional order to the province of South Zagoria. CDF forces try to break land communications between the Russian Federation and the so called People's republic of South Zagoria. Source: Chernarus Ministry of Defense.

Fullscreen_2.jpg

- BTR-70 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11987)

- BMD-1 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8704)

- BMD-2 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9767)

- 1S91 Fire Control Radar (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13860)

- 9K31 Strela-1 (SA9) SAM unit on BRDM (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14169)

- UH-1H (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11698)

- MiG-15 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12278)

Today I found this mod, who add some grenade launchers and Heavy Grenadier Units. And add two grenadiers to the CDF. The grenade launchers can shoot with explosives grenades, smoke and flares. This mod is here: http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4683

And here some screens: http://imageshack.us/gal.php?id=q5mukszl082r09aVm6SYnK6Vq5WdpJuhsZaokdXjzZs

Maybe you should send a message to author of this mod and add it into Project CDF? And- you need to try add some units with gas masks, like that: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/arma2oa2012051622382589.jpg/

;)

Hello all!

@Gossamer: Sorry for the late reply, university is taking up more and more time lately :) what I meant by "Patrol cap" were simply models with the officers cap. (or a berett would be nice too) so that there is a distinction between soldiers and higher ranking personell. One more thing: I noticed that on a lot of the models the Arma typical 'shinyness' is missing, look at the BMP1 for example. Did you alter something with the detectability of the PRSZ tanks? I was making a tank assault mission and noticed that CDF and PRSZ tanks would not engage each other, this happened mostly when T62s were involved.

some suggestions:

Vehicles:

could you ask Vilas if he allows you to use his 'Dana' howitzer and Rosomak APC? I think they would be a nice addition to the modernized CDF.

Some Backpacks would be nice too, something in the line of radios, camelbacks etc, seeing that some units are able to carry them, they would be good for mission making.

And finally, rifles: I still think that the Beryl, especialy the 2010 version that Vilas made would be the best weapon for the CDF.

As a possible story: The purchase of this equipment was financed by the USA and the EU as part of enhancing the CDFs capabilities for operations in theaters such as Takistan and alongside NATO in other operations.

well, thanks for reading and a big thank you for your work!

@AsierB: Nice pic!

@Gossamer: Sorry for the late reply, university is taking up more and more time lately :) what I meant by "Patrol cap" were simply models with the officers cap. (or a berett would be nice too) so that there is a distinction between soldiers and higher ranking personell.

I assume you mean on the Western armed troops? If so, yes I'll add the beret on a model and use that (Check my macedonian armed forces mod in my signature, there's a picture with a dude with a beret).

One more thing: I noticed that on a lot of the models the Arma typical 'shinyness' is missing, look at the BMP1 for example.

I'm using the RVmats and shader textures from Vilas, they might be of the ArmA 1 era, I'll look into it.

Did you alter something with the detectability of the PRSZ tanks? I was making a tank assault mission and noticed that CDF and PRSZ tanks would not engage each other, this happened mostly when T62s were involved.

I'm not sure why this would happen. The T-62 besides it's guns, crew positions and models, inherits EVERYTHING else from the BIS T-55.

could you ask Vilas if he allows you to use his 'Dana' howitzer and Rosomak APC? I think they would be a nice addition to the modernized CDF.

Already asked him and he declined anything related to his Polish Armed Forces mod. I might be getting a Rosomak from another source though.

Some Backpacks would be nice too, something in the line of radios, camelbacks etc, seeing that some units are able to carry them, they would be good for mission making.

Only the western troops can use backpacks right now, but I'm going to be looking into that for sure.

And finally, rifles: I still think that the Beryl, especialy the 2010 version that Vilas made would be the best weapon for the CDF.

Vilas declined permission to his Polish models.

Today I found this mod, who add some grenade launchers and Heavy Grenadier Units. And add two grenadiers to the CDF. The grenade launchers can shoot with explosives grenades, smoke and flares.

I'll shoot hcpookie a message for the grenade launcher.

I got a huge model pack from a guy on armaholic, lots of stuff in it, I'm trying to figure out who owns these models before I touch them though. If they do belong to him, I have a lot of cool stuff coming.

what about a skot apc?

dunno if theres one about though

what about a skot apc?

dunno if theres one about though

Pretty sure Vilas has a Skot in P'85

When I asked for some P'85 models last time around, they were declined though. He said he'd like to keep a lot of his P'85 models exclusive to P'85.

I'll shoot hcpookie a message for the grenade launcher.

Yeah those are here too :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134330-RG-6-and-Heavy-Grenadier-units

Beta release right now so I haven't released the MLODs... of course once I get the few final tweaks done to the config I'll release the MLODs as I do with all my addons. Perhaps over the weekend.

Going back to the discussion about the "best gun" for the CDF. I've asked Vilas for some weapon MLODs, if I do get them, I'm going to build a custom weapon for the CDF.

I was thinking an AK-74 with a polymer design rather than wood and it'll have a front grip and a different rail/muzzle break.

Hello!

@Gossamer

Sad to hear that you didn't get permission for the Dana, but in the end, it doesn't matter if they (CDF) got it or not. the amount of awesome hardware you gave the CDF is totaly badass :D

And yes, I meant the western style troops. Sorry for not being clearer. Yeah, I noticed your Macedonian mod too, and was secretly hoping to see some things being used for PCDF too :)

Regarding the tanks not engageing issue, I'll have a look at the mission again. Might be a conflict with another addon, although everything usually works pretty fine...anyhow, looking forward to the next versions of PDF and of course to the possibility of Cherno AKs :D

Good day all!

This time I fear to be going a bit too far so consider this just as 'hypothecial thoughts' which I still wanted to share :).

I thought about the westernized troops a bit again and I came to the conclusion that the cut of the uniform could should be changed. While there is nothing wrong with the old BDU style, I seriously think that the CDF would have at least kept their current uniform style or even adopt the ACU cut.

I don't know how difficult it is to change that, if it is a texture / normalmap thing or if a complete remodelling would be required, but having those guys wear the interceptor IBV with a more modern uniform type would be the cherry on the cake.

Again, this is just a thought thrown into here :)

ps: If my memory is correct Slatts has started working on an 'RIS'd AK' pack, maybe you could cooperate?

Hello everyone,

Gossamer, on a previous post you stated that you pretend to save the MVD look for the PRSZ, but I've been practicing my texture editing capabilities a little bit (they're pretty low at this moment) and I wanted to show you the result, and the idea around them: Chernarussian Police's Antiterrorist Group "Wolf". Based on Miroslavl, its main duties are to support the regular police officers on the Chernarus-PRSZ border towns, roads and rural areas, hence the camouflage uniforms borrowed from the CDF. A sister unit, Group "Dagger", is based on the capital city Novigrad, tasked with the protection of the Prime Minister and principal members of the Cabinet, and also as a quick reaction force due to is air assault capability. Due to the small size of both units the Interior Ministry could afford to acquire Heckler & Koch material.

Ch_IM_checkpoint.jpg

Group "Wolf" operatives on a regular road check near the Chernarus-PRSZ border. Notice the MP5 submachine gun and the MG36 light machine gun. Black vests with the Militsiya word (милиÌциÑ) identifying them as police officers.

Best regards,

Asier

Since a conversation about police is taking place. What you think about creating special Anti Riot Unit? Police officers equipped with special uniforms, helmets with visors, shields, shotguns with rubber bullets and grenade launchers with tear gas. My friend made for me a few of such screens both he signed them how an individual of this type should look and what should be equipped with. Screens are presenting three different situations of using such a branch- illegal demonstration, manhunt for the wanted criminal in the forest and protecting the mass party a match is which.

https://picasaweb.google.com/118338774743197856886/ChernarusPoliceAntiRiotUnit?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3d5PjMxu6zvgE#

Such police officers which will disperse the riot, are protecting mass parties and are leading manhunt teams to wanted criminals, also in areas pose municipal- forest or mountain. With word such an individual which is delivering the substantial amount of well trained and equipped officers.Such police officers should use camouflaging uniforms apart from standard police uniforms also (as standard CDF soldiers). I to photographs of police officers on the demonstration used commandos from MVD, to photographs in the forest I used the hunt addon for CDF Conscripts. Depending on the situation police officers should be equipped or into camouflaging uniforms, shotguns, shields, helmets with visors and grenade launchers (demonstrations and the riot) or into camouflaging uniforms, steel helmets and AKS assault rifles or AKMS (forest hunts). So there is my proposal. Willingly I would deal with it, but unfortunately the modelling isn't going for me at all. What do you think about it? GossamerSolid, if you want, I can send you links to everyone addons which my friend used for doing these screens.

Edited by Ferdek77

Good work guys.

AiserB, if you are offering textures, I'd be more than happy to take them.