Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

There is so many more options with the AK now of days than there was back in the 90s and 80s. AKs are turning into lego guns much like the AR is. It would be more natural transition for those forces as well. You could even create a version that takes AR mags.

My personal favorite is a rail that replaces the rear sight leaf with a rail

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Samson_AK-47_Rear_Sight_Rail.jpg

or the Ultimak rail

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/images/M1inst2.jpg

or the US Palm quad rail

http://sgcusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/U/S/USPalm_MI_Full_Rail_Kit_T1.large.jpg

An indigenous design for the CDF would be awesome to see.

Example of A 7.62x39 AK of an Afghan Commando

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/777a3859.jpg

AR Mag Adapter for AK

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n398/renegadebuck/adapter/IMG_0341.jpg

Edited by suhsjake

So many rails.... :)

Vilas allready has some AKs with RIS which might work quite well as a base, maybe he is willing to share? I believe he even has an AKM in a pretty similar setup to that of the Afghan commando.

And personaly I wouldn't go the 5.56 AK clone way, if the CDF wants NATO calibre weapons they'd get them in the form of surplus M16s and M4s I guess. Having AK-74s with a rail to mount an Aimpoint would be path I would choose as the guy in charge. That way you'd only have to buy the rails and the Aimpoints and not invest in the development of a new rifle. However, that's just my opinion.

Some new PRSZ Infantry

(From left to right) - Rifleman (Light), Officer, Commander

prszinf2.jpg

About the M60A3 Patton is the class files going to be from PRACS or just the Reg MLOD cause the one on PRACS is really good and i love it so much.

About the M60A3 Patton is the class files going to be from PRACS or just the Reg MLOD cause the one on PRACS is really good and i love it so much.

I have access to the Iranian Forces one which I think is around the same as the PRACS one.

No PRACS Is alittle different its more compatible with ACE the M60A3 from IF mod is weird

the HEAT rounds is like Arty shells which bothers me for some reason

No PRACS Is alittle different its more compatible with ACE the M60A3 from IF mod is weird

the HEAT rounds is like Arty shells which bothers me for some reason

The only thing that would differ between the PRACS and IF one in terms of ACE compatibility would be the config, no the model (as far as I know). Since I'm not really concerned with making this ACE compatible (but I have said if somebody wants to make it ACE compatible, I will include those configs), then I'm probably going to stick with the model I have.

As for HEAT rounds looking like arty shells, this is still more of an issue with BIS' original configs which give it that effect. Then WarFX makes that effect even more noticeable.

Does anybody have a video/picture showing what HEAT rounds look like on impact? I'm pretty sure they have quite the large explosion due to being High Explosive rounds

But as I said earlier, I'll take a look.

English: People's Republic of South Zagoria

Russian: Ðародной РеÑпублики Ð®Ð¶Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð—Ð°Ð³Ð¾Ñ€Ñ‹Ñ

Chernarus (Czech in reality): Čínská lidová Republika Jižní Zagoria

I just have saw this czech translation and I have to correct your mistake: Lidová Republika Jižní Zagorie. Becouse your translation back to english would mean Chinese People Republic South Zagoria :)

Edited by skiline5
little mistake

Chinese People Republik South Zagoria :)

That made me laugh!

Does anybody have a video/picture showing what HEAT rounds look like on impact? I'm pretty sure they have quite the large explosion due to being High Explosive rounds

But as I said earlier, I'll take a look.

Hard to see and I'm not sure that it is actually HEAT but it looks pretty big whatever it is: M-60 Firing

ok, i use WarFX particles to let you know...

so some of you guys wont notice the difference

I have to remove the downloads for the mod for the time being until I resolve some permission disputes. So to anybody who has mirrored this, please disable the download until further notice.

I have to remove the downloads for the mod for the time being until I resolve some permission disputes. So to anybody who has mirrored this, please disable the download until further notice.

I hope you get your permissions resolved. Im Looking forward to your take on the CDF special forces.

BMP-1 and BMP-1P

bmpseries.jpg

T-64A, T-64B, T-64BV

t64series.jpg

Huge thanks to Wld427 for providing an example model.cfg!

Edited by GossamerSolid

what do the BMP-1's base class inherit?

my guess...the BMP-2

Close enough

BMP2_Base

its what i meant :p

are the T-80's use the T-90 baseclasses since it uses a turbine engine?

are the T-80's use the T-90 baseclasses since it uses a turbine engine?

I guess it should for proper soundmod compatability.

Hi, just wanted to let all of you know that PCDF is now a supported faction in my open-ended whole island mission, LOST. With the new features, you can now use PCDF forces in missions featuring a growing number of supported islands, allies, and enemies!

Mission thread

Hi, just wanted to let all of you know that PCDF is now a supported faction in my open-ended whole island mission, LOST. With the new features, you can now use PCDF forces in missions featuring a growing number of supported islands, allies, and enemies!

Mission thread

Good work, I'll be sure to check it out

so are your permissions granted?

Not yet, the permissions aren't on anything I've shown since I've removed the download links.

EDIT:

Here's my changelog so far for version 1.04

Version 1.04

------------

+ Changed T-62 display name to T-62A

+ Changed T-62 track texture

+ Changed PRSZ Rifleman (Light) model to correct "Light" loadout soldier

+ Changed CDF Western infantry model to new PASGT western model

+ Fixed UH-60L HF crew positions

+ Fixed UH-60L's Countermeasure launch positions

+ Moved CDF Armed Police Officers to new vehicle class "Men (Miltia)"

+ Moved CDF Western armed soldiers to new vehicle class "Men (Western)"

+ Added Flares to UH-60L (FFAR and HF versions)

+ Added incoming missile warning for Mig-29

+ Added PRSZ Engineer

+ Added PRSZ Officer

+ Added PRSZ Commander

+ Added UAZ 451

+ Added BMP-1 and BMP-1P

+ Added T-72M

+ Added T-64B and T-64BV

+ Added T-80B and T-80BV

Edited by GossamerSolid

Good work, I'll be sure to check it out

Not yet, the permissions aren't on anything I've shown since I've removed the download links.

EDIT:

Here's my changelog so far for version 1.04

T-72M1? cause ace already has it rich is just the regular T-72 renamed to the T-72M