Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

try look at the aircraft from a distance ;)

or lower your graphics. i susect the racks are not added to the lower ResLODs

try look at the aircraft from a distance ;)

or lower your graphics. i susect the racks are not added to the lower ResLODs

The racks are physically not there in the lower ResLODs, yes, but the screenshots I was provided explaining this error showed no hellfire missiles in the racks that were there on the higher ResLODs.

Notice T-64 was never exported and even today is hardly used by anyone except Ukraine. I dont really think that would be probable for CDF/PRSZ to obtain them. Different story with T-80s though, but also not that probable some people may think.

Some of T-64 still serve in Russian, Ukrainian and Transnistrian armies.

Notice T-64 was never exported and even today is hardly used by anyone except Ukraine. I dont really think that would be probable for CDF/PRSZ to obtain them. Different story with T-80s though, but also not that probable some people may think.

Didn't need to be exported. You are forgetting that Chernarus is a post-soviet region. They would have inherited equipment after the breakup of the soviet union.

As for them not being in service, I'm sure a country on the brink of war that isn't the richest in the world would use what's available to them.

Didn't need to be exported. You are forgetting that Chernarus is a post-soviet region. They would have inherited equipment after the breakup of the soviet union.

As for them not being in service, I'm sure a country on the brink of war that isn't the richest in the world would use what's available to them.

exactly, we have kept most of our enfields and FAL's in storage just in case ;)

You are forgetting that Chernarus is a post-soviet region. They would have inherited equipment after the breakup of the soviet union.

Not necessarily: not every country inherited these types of tanks, and same goes to T-80s. AFAIK Chernarus plays a bit Caucasian army and AFAIK none of Caucasian states received T-64s after Soviet break-up. That's why I still think that is not best idea. IMHO there should be a bit greater focus on what we miss in ArmA: there are rarely any T-55 as we know them in modern world (T55A for instance). What about making upgraded versions like AM1, AM2, common in lave Soviet Service? Same goes to T-62MV for instance. There are loads of versions.

Not necessarily: not every country inherited these types of tanks, and same goes to T-80s. AFAIK Chernarus plays a bit Caucasian army and AFAIK none of Caucasian states received T-64s after Soviet break-up. That's why I still think that is not best idea. IMHO there should be a bit greater focus on what we miss in ArmA: there are rarely any T-55 as we know them in modern world (T55A for instance). What about making upgraded versions like AM1, AM2, common in lave Soviet Service? Same goes to T-62MV for instance. There are loads of versions.

Here's the great thing about ArmA 2, just because a unit is in the game, doesn't mean you ever have to utilize it.

When you make a mod, you can choose which units to include or not include.

They also could of bought T-64 and T-80 MBTs from Ukraine...

Uzbekistan has 100 T-64s in service, but it's impossible for Chernarus to have them at all, hmmm?

Thank you very much Gossamer for your effort, Project CDF provides great mission making possibilities to the Armaverse, and PRSZ is a sweet unexpected candy!!

Just one suggestion for your consideration: to include Special Forces to PCDF. Maybe a version of BIS USMC Force Recon, or US Army SOF's from Arrowhead in CDF colours, with western weapons or modern eastern weapons like the ones used by the Czechs in OA.

A couple of years ago "Sander" made the "RCIR-CDF Special Forces", Spetznaz on CDF camo scheme, maybe you could add it to PCDF:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6660

It would be great to have some CDF SOF insertion by those new UH-60s.

Thanks again for your great job,

Asier

Thank you very much Gossamer for your effort, Project CDF provides great mission making possibilities to the Armaverse, and PRSZ is a sweet unexpected candy!!

Just one suggestion for your consideration: to include Special Forces to PCDF. Maybe a version of BIS USMC Force Recon, or US Army SOF's from Arrowhead in CDF colours, with western weapons or modern eastern weapons like the ones used by the Czechs in OA.

A couple of years ago "Sander" made the "RCIR-CDF Special Forces", Spetznaz on CDF camo scheme, maybe you could add it to PCDF:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6660

It would be great to have some CDF SOF insertion by those new UH-60s.

Thanks again for your great job,

Asier

I just send Sander a PM, thanks for pointing this out.

Glad you are enjoying the mod.

EDIT:

CDF Special Forces WIP

cdfsf.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

Perhaps the BTR-80 for these "special people" lol

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5100

I HOPE YOU CAN ACTUALLY USE ARMA 1 Mods in ArmA II

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

I've tried with and without mods and they never go away for me. I'm not sure what it is.

CDF

T-80U

T-64BV

PRSZ

T-80BV

T-64BV

CDF

T-64A

T-64BV

T-80B

T-80U

PRSZ

T-64B

T-80B

T-80BV

Just a Suggestion...

I only have T-64A and T-64BV models, so the T-64B probably won't be seen.

I realize you are extremly busy but the T-64B is found in Vilas's Soviet Vehicles Pack

Heres The Link

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8784

Oh, in that case I can request it from him.

He's a busy man though so it might not make it in too quickly.

Ok cool

I also think it would be great if you added SABOT rounds to the T-62A

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not double post, specially not if it serves no purpose

Hi Gossamer!

As I said allready, I like that the CDF is finally getting the attention it deserves. But I have a couple of questions and suggestions for you.

Infantry:

-Have you thought about making a more NATOized version of them? Something like Georgian army in 2008 lookalike maybe?

you know, old NATO equipment that has been handed over to the CDF. (more than just the Helmet) Vilas has some nice units that would work quite well.

-How about a 'reservist' type that uses old russian equipment? although that would make them look too much like the PRSZ i guess...

Weapons:

-some unique AK's with Aimpoints or Eotechs? Again, this is inspired by footage that I saw about the 2008 south ossetian war, where some Georgians had those mounted on the handguard <- correct term? of their AKS-74s.

Tanks:

-I like the idea of the T64, but maybe you could make a 'Bulat' version instead of the BV or a 'T64/Oplot' mix?

Oh and! That's a nice looking Special forces dude!

Thank you for the time and dedication you put into making these super addons :)

One more suggestion to the thread:) Some people say about CDF with NATO equipment, and I thought about some 'early days' - style CDF with soviet-style helmets, just after gathering independence.

One more suggestion to the thread:) Some people say about CDF with NATO equipment, and I thought about some 'early days' - style CDF with soviet-style helmets, just after gathering independence.

I like the idea. Maybe a retexture of the takistani infantry would do the job.

added SABOT rounds to the T-62A

Can do, I'll write it down

Hi Gossamer!

As I said allready, I like that the CDF is finally getting the attention it deserves. But I have a couple of questions and suggestions for you.

Infantry:

-Have you thought about making a more NATOized version of them? Something like Georgian army in 2008 lookalike maybe?

you know, old NATO equipment that has been handed over to the CDF. (more than just the Helmet) Vilas has some nice units that would work quite well.

-How about a 'reservist' type that uses old russian equipment? although that would make them look too much like the PRSZ i guess...

Weapons:

-some unique AK's with Aimpoints or Eotechs? Again, this is inspired by footage that I saw about the 2008 south ossetian war, where some Georgians had those mounted on the handguard <- correct term? of their AKS-74s.

Tanks:

-I like the idea of the T64, but maybe you could make a 'Bulat' version instead of the BV or a 'T64/Oplot' mix?

Oh and! That's a nice looking Special forces dude!

Thank you for the time and dedication you put into making these super addons :)

I'll keep the NATOized troops and old soviet style troops in mind.

As for new models or additions to models, I have like 0 artistic experience. This mod is basically a glorified retexture pack of a bunch of other people's work. I can't actually model myself. So unless I can get a model from somebody who's generous enough to share, don't expect to see it :)

I like the idea. Maybe a retexture of the takistani infantry would do the job.

The takistani infantry have that scarf thing (sorry don't know the name of it) and that'd look goofy. I'll look through Vilas' public MLODs pack, I know there's some infantry models in there.

As for new models or additions to models, I have like 0 artistic experience. This mod is basically a glorified retexture pack of a bunch of other people's work. I can't actually model myself. So unless I can get a model from somebody who's generous enough to share, don't expect to see it :)

Im working on my own Nogovan Special Forces models, i may have a model that maybe suitable for use as standard CDF infantry :)

Or you could use the CZ spec ops that are in the base OA game? the one with the helmet would make a good modernized CDF infantry model...just change the loadouts to AKs and stuff instead of the desert camo M4s and Saigas...just a suggestion though

Western Troops WIP

I used the PASGT model from Vilas' Public MLODs pack

pasgt1.jpgpasgt2.jpg

AWESOME!

:D Looking good allready. I like that you gave them the CDF pattern! In case they are wearing body armor, which I think they do, could you keep that in woodland, you know as in "it has been donated to them by the US" I hope I don't sound too demanding, it's your decision of course and I will happily use what ever you come up with!