Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

AWESOME!

:D Looking good allready. I like that you gave them the CDF pattern! In case they are wearing body armor, which I think they do, could you keep that in woodland, you know as in "it has been donated to them by the US" I hope I don't sound too demanding, it's your decision of course and I will happily use what ever you come up with!

Nope, your suggestion is quite valid, I didn't take it as you being "demanding"

Precisely before seeing the "Western troops WIP" picture I was going to mention that the PCDF with western weapons lack machine guns. M249 automatic rifleman and M240 machinegunner would be a nice back-up to the CDF riflemen.

Classnames, so that you don't have to find them on the Bohemia wiki:

Weapon: M249 Ammo: 200Rnd_556x45_M249

Weapon: M240 Ammo: 100Rnd_762x51_M240

I have also noticed that the CDF beefed up forces don't have night combat capability, just officers carry NVG. Maybe an AKS-74 with NSPU night sight, or AKS-74 with GOSHAWK thermal vision could solve the situation:

Weapon: AKS_74_NSPU Ammo: 30Rnd_545x39_AK

Weapon: AKS_74_GOSHAWK Ammo: 30Rnd_545x39_AK

Also, it could be nice to have a version of PCDF and PRSZ policemen just with Makarov pistols, to resemble common patrolmen, I suppose that the default police weapon is not an AKM:

Weapon: Makarov Amoo: 8Rnd_9x18_Makarov

But enough begging from my part, time to contribute a little bit. As I'm in love with the PRSZ forces I have researched how it would be written the name of the country on the game's languages:

English: People's Republic of South Zagoria

Russian: Ðародной РеÑпублики Ð®Ð¶Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð—Ð°Ð³Ð¾Ñ€Ñ‹Ñ

Chernarus (Czech in reality): Čínská lidová Republika Jižní Zagoria

(Not a Russian speaker myself, probably native speakers could check if it is correct).

You might use it on a banner, flag, the tail of a VIP plane/chopper...

Thanks again Gossamer for all your effort!

I've made changes to the Western troops again based on feedback (Vests have been left with the US Woodland it had before and the units now support backpacks):

pasgt3.jpgpasgt4.jpg

Precisely before seeing the "Western troops WIP" picture I was going to mention that the PCDF with western weapons lack machine guns. M249 automatic rifleman and M240 machinegunner would be a nice back-up to the CDF riflemen.

Classnames, so that you don't have to find them on the Bohemia wiki:

Weapon: M249 Ammo: 200Rnd_556x45_M249

Weapon: M240 Ammo: 100Rnd_762x51_M240

I have also noticed that the CDF beefed up forces don't have night combat capability, just officers carry NVG. Maybe an AKS-74 with NSPU night sight, or AKS-74 with GOSHAWK thermal vision could solve the situation:

Weapon: AKS_74_NSPU Ammo: 30Rnd_545x39_AK

Weapon: AKS_74_GOSHAWK Ammo: 30Rnd_545x39_AK

Also, it could be nice to have a version of PCDF and PRSZ policemen just with Makarov pistols, to resemble common patrolmen, I suppose that the default police weapon is not an AKM:

Weapon: Makarov Amoo: 8Rnd_9x18_Makarov

But enough begging from my part

Nope, you aren't begging. You are giving very valid feedback.

I have seperated all of the western equipped forces into their own "vehicle classes" as the game refers to them. So when you are placing units you will see:

Men (Western)

Cars (Western)

Armored (Western)

Air (Western)

I had forgotten to add the AR and LMG men before and just remembered earlier. I also put in a couple of marksmen units (armed like sniper minus the bushwookie outfit).

For the night capabilities, I can add those two weapons mentioned, plus the SVD NPSU.

I'll add some cops with handguns. I am also planning to add some police vehicles for the CDF (Car, van, etc).

time to contribute a little bit. As I'm in love with the PRSZ forces I have researched how it would be written the name of the country on the game's languages:

English: People's Republic of South Zagoria

Russian: Ðародной РеÑпублики Ð®Ð¶Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð—Ð°Ð³Ð¾Ñ€Ñ‹Ñ

Chernarus (Czech in reality): Čínská lidová Republika Jižní Zagoria

(Not a Russian speaker myself, probably native speakers could check if it is correct).

You might use it on a banner, flag, the tail of a VIP plane/chopper...

Thanks again Gossamer for all your effort!

Thanks man, I'll be sure to use those when possible! Glad you are enjoying the content.

Looking great, love the Western Soldiers. Not sure why ive never looked at those public mlods before. Keep up the great work :). Hopefully NAF and CDF can do some joint OPS soon :)

Edited by R0adki11

Those western troops look the goods mate, top stuff.

For The Western Armored Try Adding These if Possible

M113A2

M113A3

M113A3 SLAT

M48A5 Patton

M60A3 Patton

M2A1 Bradley

M109A3 Howitzer

Pictures From Vilas P85 Mod

M113A2

m113a2.jpg

M2A1 Bradley

36610218.jpg

M109A3 Howitzer

m109d.jpg

M60A3

m60tq.jpg

And for the M48A5 Patton you can probaly just use the model from the Iran Forces Mod...

The M113A3 SLAT is in PRACS...

I already have an M113 in from OA, so I think that'll be good for M113s.

I've asked Rygugu for the M60A3.

CDF Militia vehicles (One on the left is new, one on the right was already in the game, just added it to the armed cops for CDF):

cdfmilveh.jpg

CDF Militia vehicles (One on the left is new, one on the right was already in the game, just added it to the armed cops for CDF):

http://thegamewardens.net/pcdf/cdfmilveh.jpg

Ok

Some reason the 2S1's Cross-air doesent show up and the artillery computer is WAY off is there a way to to fix this?

Ok

Some reason the 2S1's Cross-air doesent show up and the artillery computer is WAY off is there a way to to fix this?

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the Artillery Computer on the 2S1. The problem is that there is a severe lack of documentation for making new units compatible with the artillery computer. One community member at these forums had a mini tutorial and that's what I followed. Not sure why it's not working.

Weird :crazy:

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Also is there a way to change the round class so the HEAT rounds dont look like Arty shell explosions

Weird :crazy:

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Also is there a way to change the round class so the HEAT rounds dont look like Arty shell explosions

I'm sure I could change it. I think all heat shells in the game just kinda take that effect though.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3391/arma2oa2012050320553659.png >100kb!

See if you can make the explosion impact smaller.

Or is there a way you can take the weapon classes from a particular vehicle like the T-55 and have the New Vehicle use that weapon base class?

BTW i use WarFX Particles...

Edited by Foxhound
do not hotlink images over 100kb!

I am amazed Gossamer with your unit production speed!! Mentioned the policeman and you make the police van, another mention on the woodland vests and inmediately done.

One quick addition to PCDF might be the original BIS USMC Humvees from Arma2. They are painted in woodland camo without US national markings, so the addition of the Chernarus yellow star on the doors or the hood could suffice, unless you prefered to give them the full CDF camo scheme.

Classnames:

HMMWV

HMMWV_Ambulance

HMMWV_TOW

HMMWV_MK19

HMMWV_Armored

HMMWV_Avenger

HMMWV_M2

It may be even possible to use these vehicles without any visual modification, just a config tweak on the cpp to set them on the CDF side manned by CDF riflemen. Indeed most US/USMC/Russian land vehicles don't sport national markings, the only exceptions being the AAV7 and the LAVs, with tiny USMC markings. Maybe it is not even necessary to bother since it is easy to make it manually on the editor, just placing them as empty and then using "moveindriver" and "moveingunner" commands.

As I'm talking about cars maybe the Czech SOF LandRover from Arrowhead could be an interesting vehicle for the upcoming CDF Special Forces, with the appropiate CDF camo repainting.

Classname: LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1

200px-Arma2_oa_landrover_special.jpg

And now switching to the PRSZ side, as they are so great I really feel like getting in the fight with them. So I would beg for a couple of more infantry units to this side to add some variation, possible models may be the cap wearing Team Leader, Spetznatz with headscarf, Spetznatz with beret, or the Interior Ministry troops. For a change the Interior Ministry troops might show the colors of PRSZ policemen instead of the soldier camo, as if they had donned the combat vest and helmet over their police uniform.

100px-Arma2_RU_tl.jpg100px-Arma2_RUS_spetsnaz.jpg100px-Arma2_RUS_officer.jpg100px-Arma2_MVD_operator.jpg

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Infantry#Russia

I don't dare asking more from you, thanks again for all the great work you have done.

Love the new militia van.

And of course the infantry! good to see that they support the backpack system too!

@OmegaX

I don't think the CDF force will buy some old U.S equipment like these.

Maybe they can have some MRAP and M113 or HMMV for their participation in Takistan conflict but no more.

@OmegaX

I don't think the CDF force will buy some old U.S equipment like these.

Maybe they can have some MRAP and M113 or HMMV for their participation in Takistan conflict but no more.

I agree, i dont see why they need the M113 or Bradley they already have BMP2's which is far more than capable APC

Regarding the infantry I have to say I really like the look of the new westernized ones. Although the camo on the helmet looks a bit too small compared to the field dress.

Do you have any plans to add some variation? For example some units with PASGAT-Helmets without covers (I know vilas made these, don't know if he released the MLODs) or a patrol cap for the officer. Maybe even one or two units with bandanas or wool caps?

Anyway keep up the great work!

One quick addition to PCDF might be the original BIS USMC Humvees from Arma2. They are painted in woodland camo without US national markings, so the addition of the Chernarus yellow star on the doors or the hood could suffice, unless you prefered to give them the full CDF camo scheme.

Classnames:

HMMWV

HMMWV_Ambulance

HMMWV_TOW

HMMWV_MK19

HMMWV_Armored

HMMWV_Avenger

HMMWV_M2

It may be even possible to use these vehicles without any visual modification, just a config tweak on the cpp to set them on the CDF side manned by CDF riflemen. Indeed most US/USMC/Russian land vehicles don't sport national markings, the only exceptions being the AAV7 and the LAVs, with tiny USMC markings. Maybe it is not even necessary to bother since it is easy to make it manually on the editor, just placing them as empty and then using "moveindriver" and "moveingunner" commands.

As I'm talking about cars maybe the Czech SOF LandRover from Arrowhead could be an interesting vehicle for the upcoming CDF Special Forces, with the appropiate CDF camo repainting.

Classname: LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/thumb/f/fd/Arma2_oa_landrover_special.jpg/200px-Arma2_oa_landrover_special.jpg

I was planning to add the Humvees to the CDF eventually, I guess now is the time to do it.

I'll keep the SF land rover in mind as well

And now switching to the PRSZ side, as they are so great I really feel like getting in the fight with them. So I would beg for a couple of more infantry units to this side to add some variation, possible models may be the cap wearing Team Leader, Spetznatz with headscarf, Spetznatz with beret, or the Interior Ministry troops. For a change the Interior Ministry troops might show the colors of PRSZ policemen instead of the soldier camo, as if they had donned the combat vest and helmet over their police uniform.

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/thumb/5/5a/Arma2_RU_tl.jpg/100px-Arma2_RU_tl.jpghttp://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/thumb/c/c1/Arma2_RUS_spetsnaz.jpg/100px-Arma2_RUS_spetsnaz.jpghttp://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/thumb/0/09/Arma2_RUS_officer.jpg/100px-Arma2_RUS_officer.jpghttp://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/thumb/b/b5/Arma2_MVD_operator.jpg/100px-Arma2_MVD_operator.jpg

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Infantry#Russia

I don't dare asking more from you, thanks again for all the great work you have done.

I'll take a look at some of the other soldiers on the russian side an see if I can re-skin them.

Regarding the infantry I have to say I really like the look of the new westernized ones. Although the camo on the helmet looks a bit too small compared to the field dress.

Do you have any plans to add some variation? For example some units with PASGAT-Helmets without covers (I know vilas made these, don't know if he released the MLODs) or a patrol cap for the officer. Maybe even one or two units with bandanas or wool caps?

Anyway keep up the great work!

I'll re-do the camo patch, I just realized how wrong it is compared to a regular CDF infantry.

I don't have too much plans right at this very moment for variation, but I can definetly keep it in mind for the future.

http://thegamewardens.net/pcdf/cdfmilveh.jpg

Can you make the blue flashlights working?

Can you make the blue flashlights working?

I can look into it. As long as it doesn't need the MLOD (the UAZ car is part of ArmA 2, don't have the MLOD)

I think a locally produced 5.56 NATO AK (to include RPK) platform would be good platform for the CDF much like Poland with the Beryl rifle, Bulgaria with the Arsenal AR-M1, Serbia and the Zastava M90/M21, so on and so fourth. Just my two cents.

I think a locally produced 5.56 NATO AK (to include RPK) platform would be good platform for the CDF much like Poland with the Beryl rifle, Bulgaria with the Arsenal AR-M1, Serbia and the Zastava M90/M21, so on and so fourth. Just my two cents.

Any ideas what it might look like?