Does this now include the AEK pack? I did not find any info about it on the ACE website or in the AEK pack thread, but Robalo's ACE configs mentions a pending integration of @AEK into @ACEX, and @asr_aek_ace doesn't seem to be on SixUpdater (anymore?).

It never was, just came with v12 of the config pack, but I'll ask SB to upload it ;)

I had those AEK-ACE configs already done long before yvandrey gave us the models for integration.

ACEX integration is still planned, sorry it's taking so long.

Can someone explain how to use the current ACE mortars in the mod? At the moment i can set it all up no worries, however when i go to load a round the option for it is not there, there is a clean barrel option however, yet it dosnt seem to do anything.

If i am missing something please let me know becuase im stumped.

Cheers

Rhodesy

I'm making an bomberman script and would like to be able to check wether a civilian is handcuffed or not. Is there a getVariable for this, alternatively could I just check for the animation? I've noticed that sometimes the civilian does not go into the sitting down position when handcuffed so a variable would be the best.

Can someone explain how to use the current ACE mortars in the mod? At the moment i can set it all up no worries, however when i go to load a round the option for it is not there, there is a clean barrel option however, yet it dosnt seem to do anything.

Cheers

Rhodesy

A basic way:

Put an ACE mortar and ACE ammo box (arty) in editor.

With interaction key on ammo box, prepare your rounds.

Take a round and now on mortar you have an option to load it. You can also enable auto fire on load.

Sorry for my english

Cheers

Rhodesy

Do it the same way as you would load the howitzer. ("prep" the mortar round looking at the shells box, set fuse/charge using your interaction menu; a "white" looking mortar round would appear behind you, start to carry it, move near mortar, and in your interaction menu (still carrying the shell) there is now an option to load the mortar).

But whats with the mortar shells that you can take out of the box into your inventory like before? Apparently you can still use them to load an editor pre-placed mortar just fine using its CSW menu; however in this case of a pre-placed mortar the T-E action menu is missing and its therefore completely unusable because you cant set the elevation. And If you disassemble and reassemble it, it can no longer be loaded the "old" way.

At best you can now fire 4, maybe 5 rounds per minute because of this clumsy artillery interface it is using.

Which may be fine for an actual artillery gun. But for a mortar? I dont really picture it...

At best you can now fire 4, maybe 5 rounds per minute because of this clumsy artillery interface it is using.

Which may be fine for an actual artillery gun. But for a mortar? I dont really picture it...

Like I wrote already, it's still WIP and far from finished and the first part was just to get the basic system working.

Xeno

Been investigating a bit more into my handcuff problem where I want to find out if a unit is cuffed and found this

_unit getVariable QGVAR(cuffed);

But it always returns any. I don't know what this QGVAR is so I have no idea how to work with this. Help?

I've included the cba macros.hpp file.

Edited by cuel

Hi, Im not sure why or when this started but I can no longer run ArmaOA because I get this error message at startup:

Include file\x\ACE\addons\Main\Script.Macro.Hpp

I just deleted and reinstalled both Arma2 and OA and still get this. If this is an Ace or multi Mod incompatiblity -how do I get the game to start clean Vanilla?

Edit: Just to note, if I start game thru SIX Updater there is no error :|

Edited by froggyluv

Edit: Just to note, if I start game thru SIX Updater there is no error :|
Use Six Updater then, or copy the mod-string from SU and use it somewhere else. Edited by Boxter.dk

Well I deleted my Arma2OA.cfg and all seems ok now -huh. Thats my new all purpose fixer :p

Are there any ACE2 warfare scenarios for the Takistan map that I can play bith on and offline?

A few questions about weapons in back ,backpacks..and no stamina module.

Is there a way to disable the "weapons in back" feature, without using the NoStamina Module to disable that? i want to keep the realism and i need that players dont use more than one primary weapon or to hide them in their backs where noone can see it.

I also want to know if its possible to disable the option of put a weapon inside the backpacks? cause in real life you cant hide and RPG or an M16 on backpacks.

Hope some help with this issues.

Thanks

@Ace devs - handcuffing dont works for players, tested in many situations! :(

Rockets Atacka in Mi helicopters cant be launched by lasertargeted objects by gunner (must be launched my pilot when gunner enable laser)

Broken or missed? fix it please

@Ace devs - handcuffing dont works for players, tested in many situations! :(

Rockets Atacka in Mi helicopters cant be launched by lasertargeted objects by gunner (must be launched my pilot when gunner enable laser)

Broken or missed? fix it please

Are you running Mando?

its obiously, :) no, clear ace setup? try to tst it too :)

and what is 80mm B2 bla bla bla weapon always empty in all russian planes and helis?!

Edited by J-Guid

Hey I'm just curious but does the M1A1 TUSK and M1A2 TUSK have thermal sightings for either the gunner or the commander? Also does anyone know the armor value differences in the two tanks? Thank you.

Been investigating a bit more into my handcuff problem where I want to find out if a unit is cuffed and found this

_unit getVariable QGVAR(cuffed);

But it always returns any. I don't know what this QGVAR is so I have no idea how to work with this. Help?

I've included the cba macros.hpp file.

_unit getVariable "ace_sys_interaction_cuffed";

Thats what it means :P( well actually GVAR, its module/addon name + the name in the () and QGVAR its the same but "quoted" )

Hey I'm just curious but does the M1A1 TUSK and M1A2 TUSK have thermal sightings for either the gunner or the commander? Also does anyone know the armor value differences in the two tanks? Thank you.
Here's the diff between the two tanks; http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK,M1A2_TUSK_MG/diff?version=62

If you know the config property for the thermals you should be able to make up the diff/answer as well.

You can generate diffs between any class (and version, even inter-mod) and much more.

Here's the diff between the two tanks; http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK,M1A2_TUSK_MG/diff?version=62

If you know the config property for the thermals you should be able to make up the diff/answer as well.

You can generate diffs between any class (and version, even inter-mod) and much more.

I don't want to sound like a fool by could you elaborate on the diff for thermal? Are you saying that I could go in and add thermal myself?

Thank you for the reply!

I don't want to sound like a fool by could you elaborate on the diff for thermal? Are you saying that I could go in and add thermal myself?

Thank you for the reply!

I was saying if you know the config property for thermals, you can answer the question yourself by checking the linked configs etc :)

:inlove: Config Browser! The new version is a vast improvement. Nice work, SB!

:inlove: Config Browser! The new version is a vast improvement. Nice work, SB!

Thanks mate :) Will be improving it some more coming months :)

I was saying if you know the config property for thermals, you can answer the question yourself by checking the linked configs etc :)

Um... Haha I am still a bit lost. So do they it have thermal sights for the gunner and commander or not? I wish someone would add a more realistic A2 with SEP V2 :/. Also, can you help me look up the configs and stuff, I'm ok with people configs but I've never seen a vehicle's config.

_unit getVariable "ace_sys_interaction_cuffed";

Thats what it means :P( well actually GVAR, its module/addon name + the name in the () and QGVAR its the same but "quoted" )

Ah, thanks. Is there a place to read more about this?