This item is in the changelog: "Removed scope adjustment from rangetable [rocko]"

So... how do we ajust the scope now?

Aren't arrow keys working for you?

When I press them, the MOA setting is displayed on the upper left side of my screen.

Really loving this mod. Not sure I'm gonna be able to enjoy playing without it as time goes on. There are a ton of websites associated with ACE but I'm having a bit of difficulty with a couple specific questions. Appreciate if anyone can point me in some good directions:

1. I've got a lot of ace missions (mostly coops that are doable sp) either from what is bundled with the package or from my clans server. But I'm not finding too many that I'd say are 'excellent' for SP play. Can anyone suggest some? Are the Animal Mother missions good for SP?

Just looking for stuff to play to get the hang of the mod more so I feel competent enough to join in coop.

2. Loving all of the bombs and explosives, but a few of them I'm expending a lot of virtual lives learning to use by trial and error (e.e.,g M116 not sure about the proper sequence for bury+arm; M4 SLAM when I select "Setup M4 SLAM" I get this nifty bomb graphic filling my screen and it appears that one of my NUM keys causes it to detonate! But I'm not sure how to properly deploy the thing so I don't blow myself up!). Any "how to" type resources for the myriad of explosives in the mod.

Thanks for any answers, and thanks to all who made this mod a reality. It is beyond epic in wonderfulness.

Hey, i have a small question...

Is it possible to set the "ACE_canBeLoad" Vehicle config variable ingame in a mission?

For example: I wan't to be able to load a normal Arma2 object like a toilet or a sandwall into a vehicle over the ACE cargo system.

Also it would be nice to be able to drag the toilet like a small ammobox via ACE interaction menu.

I have tried:

myToiletName setVariable ["ACE_canBeCargo",1, true];

but of course it would be too easy^^

EDIT: ----------------

Found it:

[[myCrate1, myCrate2], myTruck] call ACE_fnc_loadCargo;

https://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_cargo/fnc_loadCargo-sqf.html

Edited by elec
Solved

Just a few suggestions for further updates to ACE 2.....

Weapons:

Pistols-

All pistols should have the Surefire X400 variant which is a Tactical Flashlight with a Laser that is IR (Surefire X400)

The Sig Sauer P226 should also have a suppressed variant

PDW's & SMG's-

MP5SD6 /w IR Laser & Aimpoint Sight

MP5A5 /w IR Laser & Aimpoint Sight

Kriss Vector Ironsight

Kriss Vector Ironsight /w Suppressor

Kriss Vector Holograpic /w Suppressor & IR Laser

Kriss Vector Holographic & IR Laser

IMI Uzi Ironsight (not the default Micro Uzi, this is the full size version)

IMI Uzi Ironsight /w Suppressor

H&K MP7 SD /w IR Laser

H&K MP7 SD /w Reflex Sight & IR Laser

H&K MP7 /w IR Laser

H&K MP7 /w IR Laser & Reflex

More to come.....

Just a few suggestions for further updates to ACE 2.....

Weapons:

Pistols-

All pistols should have the Surefire X400 variant which is a Tactical Flashlight with a Laser that is IR (Surefire X400)

The Sig Sauer P226 should also have a suppressed variant

PDW's & SMG's-

MP5SD6 /w IR Laser & Aimpoint Sight

MP5A5 /w IR Laser & Aimpoint Sight

Kriss Vector Ironsight

Kriss Vector Ironsight /w Suppressor

Kriss Vector Holograpic /w Suppressor & IR Laser

Kriss Vector Holographic & IR Laser

IMI Uzi Ironsight (not the default Micro Uzi, this is the full size version)

IMI Uzi Ironsight /w Suppressor

H&K MP7 SD /w IR Laser

H&K MP7 SD /w Reflex Sight & IR Laser

H&K MP7 /w IR Laser

H&K MP7 /w IR Laser & Reflex

More to come.....

You don´t need to provide more since it won´t happen.

I don´t think there will be any content upgrades to ACE 2 (Features maybe, content rather unlikely). They already started working on ACE 3

Unless you have someone who is able to provide these weapons with a modeled IR or flashlight on them then they sure as hell won´t make it into ACE 2

for me it would be enough if they release the last stable version...

for me it would be enough if they release the last stable version...

Totally agree. They should do that and move on I think.

Yep. Need last stable version and then it's ArmA3's turn to get the best gameplay mod.

Yeah, it'd be a real shame if they left the 60mm and 81mm HE mortar shells useless for months.

2 questions for the ACE2 wounding system:

1. Is the AI able to use morphin and endo on each other?

2. Why is the character icon of the AI still red after it is fully healed, is that a bug?

Post from page 248 according the new range table/adjustment feature

Aren't arrow keys working for you?

When I press them, the MOA setting is displayed on the upper left side of my screen.

Not for me. When I hit the down key, nothing happenes, when I hit the arrow up key, the whole rangetable lowers for a milisecond and jumps up again. No adjustment window

Tried using beta patch, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_RU, ACE, CBA_OA

Edited by Dar

Post from page 248 according the new range table/adjustment feature

Not for me. When I hit the down key, nothing happenes, when I hit the arrow up key, the whole rangetable lowers for a milisecond and jumps up again. No adjustment window

Tried using beta patch, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_RU, ACE, CBA_OA

Try again with your range card closed DAR.

Just done it again using latest build.

I agree that ArmA III should be the new focus, however I believe that 1 last major update should come to ArmA II, to which most content from ArmA II can be ported to ArmA III thus helping them get a foothold on the new engine.

My primary concern right now is the abhorrent lack of Night Vision Suppressed DMR's and Sniper Weapon Systems.

As for sub machine guns listed above Robert Hammer and Christian 1987 from Armaholic have superb models an I am quite sure that an ACE Dev contacting either asking for permission to use their weapons with credit given would go down smoother than a lightsaber cutting through butter.

Christian 1987 has an array of impressive quality MP7's that also have a tactical variant that would allow for IR Laser and Flashlight combos, and ACE already has the ballistics tables for an MP7 series. The ACE MP7 is just a bit too small and really feels wierd where as the C1987 MP7 looks and gives a good feel to the real deal (yes I have held and shot an actual MP7, as well as an MP5SD5, and Full Size Uzi).

Proof:

Uzi 4 You

As for suppressed DMR's/SPR's/SWS's and night vision, I know that the US Military uses NV compatible optics on the MK12 MOD 1, M110 SASS, and the M39 EMR. As for the UK I know for a fact they have NV compatible scopes and suppressors for their awesome L115A3 LRR's. The McMillan TAC-50 also has been fitted for night fighting and there are plenty of pictures of this.

Edited by Spartan0536
added video of Uzi

Can we get ACE for "All in ArmA"?

Yes I know it is playable, but I want more functionality...

before rushing ace for A3 alpha,i'm sure the 90% of the community would prefer a final version for A2.

At the same time i'm sure ACE devs are following very close A3 development and in the future they will release something great also for A3

It doesn't look like there is much activity with ACE anymore either A2 or A3. I wouldn't hold too much hope for either of them. Certainly not holding my breath.

rocko seems to be still alive...for the others i don't know...

I agree that ArmA III should be the new focus, however I believe that 1 last major update should come to ArmA II, to which most content from ArmA II can be ported to ArmA III thus helping them get a foothold on the new engine.

My primary concern right now is the abhorrent lack of Night Vision Suppressed DMR's and Sniper Weapon Systems.

As for sub machine guns listed above Robert Hammer and Christian 1987 from Armaholic have superb models an I am quite sure that an ACE Dev contacting either asking for permission to use their weapons with credit given would go down smoother than a lightsaber cutting through butter.

Christian 1987 has an array of impressive quality MP7's that also have a tactical variant that would allow for IR Laser and Flashlight combos, and ACE already has the ballistics tables for an MP7 series. The ACE MP7 is just a bit too small and really feels wierd where as the C1987 MP7 looks and gives a good feel to the real deal (yes I have held and shot an actual MP7, as well as an MP5SD5, and Full Size Uzi).

Proof:

Uzi 4 You
[/url]

As for suppressed DMR's/SPR's/SWS's and night vision, I know that the US Military uses NV compatible optics on the MK12 MOD 1, M110 SASS, and the M39 EMR. As for the UK I know for a fact they have NV compatible scopes and suppressors for their awesome L115A3 LRR's. The McMillan TAC-50 also has been fitted for night fighting and there are plenty of pictures of this.

I agree with this 100%. The lack of good nvg optic sniper rifles is a problem to me. As far as I can tell, there are only two nvg sniper rifles in the conversion pack right now: svd nspu and M110 NV.

For the smgs, I use RH_pistol and RH_smg and those seem to work fine.

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

2 questions for the ACE2 wounding system:

1. Is the AI able to use morphin and endo on each other?

2. Why is the character icon of the AI still red after it is fully healed, is that a bug?

A lot of this seems to depend on how the mission is setup. Playing War in Takistan 1.44 ACE, I cannot seem to get any First Aid of any kind, though Medics will heal people.

Playing a mission like PMC Versus, the AI definitely uses the meds on himself. Memory is a bit fuzzy but I also believe that if the human squad leader tells an AI with some meds to First Aid an injured team mate, he will go over and fix them up. Also, in at least one other ACE compatible mission I've played solo (I believe it was ACE Reaper v1.2), I have had the AI come to me and fix me when I get injured.

In sum, I do believe it is possible for the AI to make use of the meds properly, but only if the mission maker has configured it properly.

My question is: is it possible for the AI to make use of the gas mask, tactical goggles, and that sort of thing. Playing War in Taki, I tossed some CN gas at the feet of one of my AI squad mates (this was inside the base so maybe all weapon effects are disabled in there are something) and he reacted like he sensed a threat but couldn't locate it. He kept kneeling, laying prone and scanning right in the cloud of gas but I never saw a gas mask go on. Also no sign that he was in any way impaired by the gas.

I suspect that this also has to do with the way the mission is setup more than with the way ACE itself works. Most likely because War in Takistan was intended to be coop, some of these features are not fully turned on?

Edited by Anthropoid

It seems random as to whether the AI will use medic stuff regardless of mission settings. Most of the time they won't use them.

i have not seen any settings for mission makers with regards to gas masks and such. Probably just doesn't work right with AI.

It seems random as to whether the AI will use medic stuff regardless of mission settings. Most of the time they won't use them.

i have not seen any settings for mission makers with regards to gas masks and such. Probably just doesn't work right with AI.

Can you force them to heal themselves? Or do you mean that you're given zero options for the AI and they lack the cognitive ability to use it?

Can you force them to heal themselves? Or do you mean that you're given zero options for the AI and they lack the cognitive ability to use it?

In my very limited experience, it varies from mission to mission.

First off most of the missions for ACE seem to be coop, so playing them solo on your own machine instead of a dedi is bound to produce some unintended effects, though I don't know if that would have any effect on these issues.

Second, it does seem that the mission maker can turn on/off some of the different features in the mod. For example, playing some ACE missions (e.g., Reaper I think and PMC Versus as well) whenever I have an injured AI squad member (say "Bob") and another AI squad member (say "Joe") who has some meds, if I select Joe and then "6" I see the "First Aid Bob" command and he will go and do it. Don't see this option at all in other missions.

Third, yeah like Delta said, in addition to what scripts the mission maker has turned on / included there seems to be some randomness too.

Fourth, playing one of the PMC Versus missions (or some other one that was for a small squad) with a human buddy (and several AI squad mates) we observed a couple of things:

a. An AI who was mildly wounded apparently self-administered morphine

b. AI who have meds who are commanded to first-aid will do it to both AI and human squad mates

In sum, I conclude that: it is _possible_ for the AI to make full use of all the wounding and healing and reviving functions in ACE (or at least most of them) both on themselves spontaneously.

ADDIT:

One other point about the night vision optic equipped sniper rifles.

There is evidently a features in ACE that a mission maker can turn on / include in the mission documents. This feature allows a player to reconfigure the optics on his weapon when interacting with certain crates. This buddy who I play with showed it to me; I believe it was one of the Lima missions that had it setup to work, but I'm not certain. I haven't seen it in any other mission I've played.

Basically, if memory serves, you get "Change Optics" as an option when you are equipped with a suitable weapons and you interact with the appropriate crate.

I don't recall for certain, but I would think that with this feature one could take a M24 or M14-DMR that was equipped with its standard ACOG scope (or whatever those scopes are) and reconfirgure them with an AN/PVS scope?

Edited by Anthropoid

It doesn't look like there is much activity with ACE anymore either A2 or A3. I wouldn't hold too much hope for either of them. Certainly not holding my breath.

For the past few days bug reports that laid dormant on dev-heaven were reviewed/closed/assigned so I guess ACE team is doing the final release.

Taking my first delicate steps into making a little mission using ACE and found this stuff.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Wounding_System+notes

No idea where to stick those "variables" but I reckon I'll figure it out.

Seems the various effects that these have might well account for why different missions have different AI behavior with respect to healing and using meds, etc.

Do one of you experienced ACE mission makers mind if I de-pbo your mission so I can examine how this stuff is setup?

Also, can someone explain to me how to get the dang "file is read only" issue off of a folder containing a de-pboed mission?