Did run into a bug where sometimes sound sources do not get deleted by the engine... That is fun, but it seems like a result of again more than a realistic amount of vehicles exploding at once (read BM-21 truck farm with 50 trucks and their rockets cooking off and flying everywhere!).

Also I have implemented the "syria tank blow torch" effect on vehicles that have a commander slot... :D

Please tell me you got all of that on video... Sounds like it looks brilliant.

Do you plan on making this effect for most tanks?

Maybe a special exception for the Abrams where the hatches "blow off"?

booce look few post before :p i already post this video ahah

That's in stock ACE already for a long time...

Xeno

That's bizzare, I've never, ever seen that happen and I've played quite a bit of ACE... :confused:

Guess I'm just unlucky (or lucky? not sure which... :p).

That's bizzare, I've never, ever seen that happen and I've played quite a bit of ACE... :confused:

Guess I'm just unlucky (or lucky? not sure which... :p).

It sadly doesn't happen enough in my opinion. Often times things catastrophically explode, its due to deficiencies in the engine and our vehicle damage code. A lot of it could be solved by having this ticket resolved though: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27837

So if you haven't voted that ticked up please make sure that you do, because it would lead to incredibly realistic damage modeling for vehicles and improved wounding modeling for players!

It sadly doesn't happen enough in my opinion. Often times things catastrophically explode, its due to deficiencies in the engine and our vehicle damage code. A lot of it could be solved by having this ticket resolved though: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27837

So if you haven't voted that ticked up please make sure that you do, because it would lead to incredibly realistic damage modeling for vehicles and improved wounding modeling for players!

With this ticket fixed we could see mod makers implement a system like this:

You should stick the CIT ticket and that quote to your sig, would grant a lot of votes. But since the 1.61 is "closed" now, we'll have to wait a little more (or rely on betas).

Anyway, amazing job on those fireworks.

At least we can have an amazing system like that in Single player... :rolleyes:

Looks like its being worked on, so here's hoping that it sneaks its way into one of the Release Candidates.

So If it will be implemented, we could have realistic armor penetration, if I understand it correctly.

Edited by kllrt

So If it will be implemented, we could have realistic armor penetration, if I understand it correctly.

Precisely. Though I don't think it would be as detailed as that WW2 game. I doubt that spalling would be taken into consideration. Then Nou is a script wizard.

Brilliant! That looks amazing!

I'll get TFB to vote it up too. :)

Perhaps you could reduce the number of rounds cooking off/second?

what are the pbo files which are used to modify AI, and what pbo dependecy is o,. do they need other pbo to work?

thanks

JmbA06Xw-Xo

Ok there, final video for the night... might be time to commit this too... :p

what are the pbo files which are used to modify AI, and what pbo dependecy is o,. do they need other pbo to work?

thanks

Hey Wiki,

Running with the AI pbos alone won't work because there is a lot of interdependence between the addons. You must run @ACE at least for the core features.

But if you want to try they start with ace_c_ai_, then ace_c_men, ace_c_weapon at least.

Edited by Robalo

So i see that ammo cooking went into the trunk :3

Sickboy, release the Kraken!

Nice work Nou, I really like it!

thanks for your answer robalo

Holy shit the turret flew off thats awesome.

So whats the chance if this happening is its % based or is there some kind of real time simulation or some thing?.

Thanks

So whats the chance if this happening is its % based or is there some kind of real time simulation or some thing?.

Thanks

That's been in ACE for quite a while. Shoot a T-72 with a Javelin. ;)

Thanks

That has been happening for months and months. It only happens when the damage system decides on a catastrophic kill with ammo detonation, and only for the T-72.

Awesome, voted up!

Sorry if this has been asked for before (just ignore it), but I was curious to know if there was consideration and or discussion for adding in small dust clouds being kicked up by weapons being fired on sand or dirt?

Here is a link showing it in action:

That's already a feature. ;)

Thanks. Havent really noticed it like it is depicted in the video.