Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 85680

performance is like 10 fps less compare to the 84xxx beta patches

Cannot confirm this at all. Can you name a specifc build from the 84xxx patches and specify a situation where your framerate is measurably better? Otherwise your post doesn't have much value.

No FPS drop here either. Are you sure you haven't installed CPU hog mods like Group Link since then?

I have confirmed both of the above. The second issue has been around for quite a while; I noticed it playing the Jackal in 1.58 or 1.59. The first issue is particularly worrisome. I made some notes on the ticket for #25768.

Ye, no alarm no more...:(

My FPS only goes down if I´m prone in the grass and look through binos or optics.

yup, the good old prob.^^ Its time to fix it. ;D

Edited by TeilX

What I got just now is more alerting:

I had AI ignoring me completely. I don't know how I made this, but I was playing on my linux server and I could run in front of them or whatever and they just would ignore me, no matter if I shoot next or at them.

I'm a bit at loss on how to repro it except for Insurgency; I'll write up a ticket anyway.

EDIT: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25847

Edited by Fireball

I love the new net code that was introduced a while back... but is it possible you make items that are "attached" look as good ? i.e. Attaching vehicle to a chinook still warps like the old code.... thanks. :D

I love the new net code that was introduced a while back... but is it possible you make items that are "attached" look as good ? i.e. Attaching vehicle to a chinook still warps like the old code.... thanks. :D
Sounds good, create a repro mission and ticket; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-bug perhaps they can still handle it for v1.60, especially if the issue has worsened since 1.60 betas.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

What I got just now is more alerting:

I had AI ignoring me completely. I don't know how I made this, but I was playing on my linux server and I could run in front of them or whatever and they just would ignore me, no matter if I shoot next or at them.

I'm a bit at loss on how to repro it except for Insurgency; I'll write up a ticket anyway.

EDIT: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25847

Sounds like setCaptive :O / or became part of CIV/Enemy group, hmm.

Sounds like setCaptive :O / or became part of CIV/Enemy group, hmm.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, isn't Insurgency one of those missions that uses disableAI on distant units to improve performance? Perhaps the units in question simply weren't "woken up" correctly.

Without a simple repro it's impossible to tell whether or not this was a scripting error.

- some AI's are still standing a second or two after they got killed, visible as during AI battles with groups of 10-30 units. Looks like there is a small delay between standing unit and dead on the ground body.

- LOD switching on bushes, trees, buildings is still bad with default setting - it looks ugly if a bush "morphs" his shape from a big blob into something like a bush with washed-out edges. Just take a walk around this big radio tower on Chernarus and fly around big towns/cities and watch how the buildings switch through even in close range.

- some AI's are still standing a second or two after they got killed, visible as during AI battles with groups of 10-30 units. Looks like there is a small delay between standing unit and dead on the ground body.
Anyone able to provide a repro? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24683

Makes me wonder if there's some custom script running that _unit enableSimulation false; or disableAI animations etc, upon !alive _unit ;)

Dwarden said you shouldn't expect it in 1.60 since they don't want to have any more new bugs.

I guess it will come in one of first 1.61 betas

Probably delivering a good repro and adding a radio trigger with hint format to check the AI side

Dwarden said you shouldn't expect it in 1.60 since they don't want to have any more new bugs.

I guess it will come in one of first 1.61 betas

I really hope that Bis is maybe ahead of their time plan so that it still comes in 1.6

Hey I would've wanted the same. At least as a setting in a config file for now, just like ATOC

Been waiting for this feature since OA launched, really hope BIS will make it happen. But I'm not putting my hopes high seeing other higher priority stuffs in their pipeline.

Still big terrain surfaces/ground areas are fully illuminated by burning wrecks. Perfectly visible in night combat (even with NVG you can see those areas).

Expected: better lightning and proper ground+terrain reflection from lights/fire

Now waiting for BIS announcment

"Sorry, 1.60 is canceled due to many bugs & request - next big international A2OA patch will be released in december. Stay tuned - some nice surprises will be waiting for you!!!" :icon_twisted:

My FPS only goes down if I´m prone in the grass and look through binos or optics.

thats weird i get higher frame rates with higher gpu-utilization when zoomed into optics/binocs...

unzoom into regular view and gpu-usage drops->low fps. :(