Sign in to follow this  
humvee28

ARMA 2 : OA beta build 84628

There's a peculiar problem we just encountered with the latest patch: If you run ACE mod with this patch, kbTell will no longer work. Reverting to the original 1.59 fixes this.

Now I know this might be a problem with ACE and not the beta patch, but the fact that reverting to 1.59 makes the problem go away shows that it is at least an interoperability issue, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Can anyone test this to confirm ? For example, start Operation Crimson Lance with ACE loaded and check the opening narration: With the subtitles in the beginning, you will hear no voice, and the dialog between the pilot and Frost will not come at all (no sound, and no text).

Edit: Just tested with previous betas I still had on my disk: It still works correctly with 84290 but fails in 84580.

Edit2: Ok, strike the ACE stuff, I was testing with Vanilla 1.59.

Edited by Varanon

When is 1.60 official meant to be released?

Are they gunna do anything to make dedicated servers more stable?

Edited by mycatsaid

When is 1.60 official meant to be released?

Are they gunna do anything to make dedicated servers more stable?

If you share the crashdumps to BIS then I reckon they will

It's a little hard to provide repro for performance issues, but I tried running the E08 benchmark in 1.59 stock vs. this beta build, and results were inconclusive (i.e. pretty much the same framerate either way)

Does anyone have a more robust, demanding benchmark I could try?

Before I make a ticket, or check to see if one exists, anyone here get this error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef'

When I run the game with the most recent beta patch, I get this error before and after the game loads up. I noticed as a result I seem to not have any recoil (more specifically the muzzle climb) due to this as I was testing out what I thought might have been case of FADE triggering somehow in an earlier MP session but I think it was a glitch with some addons from a RH weapon box as the pistol I was using was not affected.

Anywho gonna check Devheaven.

Edited by Steakslim

Run the game without addons and you will see it will disappear.

If you are still getting it, you are loading the beta patch wrong.

PvPscene Benchmark Suite for a good way to test FPS of 1.59 vs beta patches.

Yeah, just figured out I was running an addon not intended for this particular beta patch that was causing it.

PvPscene Benchmark Suite for a good way to test FPS of 1.59 vs beta patches.

I tried running your benchmarking tool, and as soon as the game loads up it says "PLEASE WAIT" and I see white and black lines scrolling endlessly down the screen. I assume this is not correct?

Please use the given thread and not this beta version one.

(You need CO to be able to run the complete set)

Can someone confirm this?:

I played the OA SP Tank scenario had no dialogues (The conversation with HQ) and the mission didn´t end after defeating the tanks. Worked fine without Beta

Tonci87 did you read the posts above yours?

I have read page 4 but there wasn´t anything regarding this issue, and I don´t have the time to read the whole thread.

So I guess it is confirmed then

Last night I had a chance to try 84628 in (rather small scale) MP and improvements in lagging objects etc is major - awesome work BIS! Did not experienced any instability/CTD's rock solid as before for me...

Keep up your great work, 1.60 gonna be epic! :)

/KC

Can someone confirm this?:

I played the OA SP Tank scenario had no dialogues (The conversation with HQ) and the mission didn´t end after defeating the tanks. Worked fine without Beta

Confirmed. Dialouge is missing in different parts such with the Simple Support Module for example.

I think I already mentioned this issue for a previous 1.60 beta, but the dialog when a friendly AI is about to throw a grenade goes crazy. He yells "Grenade out!" or "Throwing frag!" about 10 times in a row, and all that shows in the dialog list at lower left. Play B03: Seek And Destroy to repro. One of your squadmates usually throws grenades at enemies near the first place to recon (objective Kilo). I also saw this playing B09: Payback.

BIS: please perform complete QA on all SP missions and campaigns before releasing 1.60! Looks like SP has major issues, as others above have noted.

I am sorry, we are unable to dedicate any serious QA to A2/OA at this stage. We hope the community can help us with this. We will not release the 1.60 until the community agrees it is mature enough (i.e. especially it is free of any serious regressions compared to 1.59).

The tickets http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24558 and http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24559 are a good start and I will definitely check them. The overview in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124911 is also very valuable at this point. If you have any other issues, be sure to report them on CIT, or at least report them here with enough specific details so that somebody else can turn them into proper reports.

At this point, could care less about the SP Missions/Campaigns and their quality. Full steam ahead on MP improvements :P

At this point, could care less about the SP Missions/Campaigns and their quality. Full steam ahead on MP improvements :P (2)

At this point, could care less about the SP Missions/Campaigns and their quality. Full steam ahead on MP improvements :P

Complete bollox. Whether you care about SP Missions/Campaigns or not, OBVIOUSLY the new patch cannot break them!!!!!

At this point, could care less about the SP Missions/Campaigns and their quality. Full steam ahead on MP improvements :P (2)

More bollox.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I am sorry, we are unable to dedicate any serious QA to A2/OA at this stage. We hope the community can help us with this. We will not release the 1.60 until the community agrees it is mature enough (i.e. especially it is free of any serious regressions compared to 1.59).

The tickets http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24558 and http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24559 are a good start and I will definitely check them. The overview in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124911 is also very valuable at this point. If you have any other issues, be sure to report them on CIT, or at least report them here with enough specific details so that somebody else can turn them into proper reports.

Yes, I understand. We will help as much as we can.

Edited by OMAC

Nia, nia ,nia I will soon have my new toy !:annoy:

Really sad that this behaviour still exists in our community.

Totally agree!

I spend 5% of my Arma2 time in SP, 20% in MP missions alone (might as well be SP) and 75% of my time playing with others..... so you can shove your bollox up your rear end :)

Totally agree!

I spend 5% of my Arma2 time in SP, 20% in MP missions alone (might as well be SP) and 75% of my time playing with others..... so you can shove your bollox up your rear end :)

Another sad tool. Who cares what you play? Think about things from BIS's standpoint for a change.

Nia, nia ,nia I will soon have my new toy !:annoy:

Really sad that this behaviour still exists in our community.

It's sad because I want the ArmA series to have decent MP instead of some single player missions that next to nobody plays?

Yeah... ok!