Sign in to follow this  
gonk

ARMA 2 OA Beta Build 83569

The attachTo lag has been fixed, but the AI driver is still afraid of his extra cargo, resulting in very slow and bad driving.

but the AI driver is still afraid of his extra cargo, resulting in very slow and bad driving.

Hopefully it'll get fixed fairly fast, but I have faith in Suma.

The attachTo lag has been fixed, but the AI driver is still afraid of his extra cargo, resulting in very slow and bad driving.

Repro, please? What should I do, and what will I see?

If you provide a repro, chance is it might be fixed very quickly. Without a repro is can take very, very long.

I'm still a little concerned about units with riffles firing endlessly at vehicles that still have one unit in a group alive.

If they can't kill that unit they expand all their ammo firing at the dead driver. If the remaining AI unit runs away or is killed they stop but if he gets stuck or is just hiding it's going to be a problem.

I think there should at least be a time out as they're hardly damaging the truck, even after using all their ammo it's still drivable.

A player can disable a truck with a few rounds in the tyres but the AI seem unable to do this.

Good work,will try as soon as possible !!

Need to know : these patches resolve only bugs in changelog or accumulated bugs ?

I know it's accumulated bugs,just want to make sure.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Another request,can you add Super Dragon launcher to takistani army instead of the traditional one taki locals have ?

It seems like as if some people have Suma on the ignore list (hides posts) or don't read his post. :)

Must be frustrating for Suma..

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

It seems like as if some people have Suma on the ignore list (hides posts) or don't read his post. :)
People read what they wanna read, and ignore everything else, it's called a "Plate before one's head". (that sounded better in Dutch) :) Edited by Sickboy

Need to know : these patches resolve only bugs in changelog or accumulated bugs?

Accumulated of course, but...

I know it's accumulated bugs,just want to make sure.

... you already knew that? So why ask?

Another request,can you add Super Dragon launcher to takistani army instead of the traditional one taki locals have ?

No content fixes in beta patches. Open a CIT ticket for your request, if there isn't one already.

I play this game a lot and know thousands of bugs,so SUMA really doesn't want to miss my posts ...

No offense, but I haven't seen a single helpful or insightful post from you yet. Lurk moar, perhaps.

There are a lot of bugs,but need my gaming rig to test before posting.

@maddog

I'm a new beta tester,so don't try to be smart and just be helpful ...

The game is just fine for me,i'm trying to help that's all ...

I'm a new beta tester,so don't try to be smart and just be helpful ...

Well if we're all not being smart, then we'll act like a bunch of idiots and not test properly. That's not what we want.

I think Suma or the rest of the BIS devs will solve your CIT, but in the mean time get people to vote it up.

Repro, please? What should I do, and what will I see?

If you provide a repro, chance is it might be fixed very quickly. Without a repro is can take very, very long.

Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cc4229oycu9h4c9

You're a passive passenger of a truck. The truck will drive very badly while it has boxes attached to its back, but when you delete the boxes, it will drive normally (although still toppling over a couple of objects at the first intersection).

Fixed: attachTo laggy (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22863)

Yes! Can affirm this is working great again:

arma-attachTo.jpg

I couldn't see anything wrong here:

arma-attachTo2.jpg

^^ note the speed of 85 with an AI driving a fully "loaded" truck.

Guess that's another vote for a repro from you ;).

EDIT:

Ahh, yes. In the beginning the driving is really slow and bad. But after a minute or two, he goes back to driving pretty good/normal I guess.... having passed Novy Sobor fast and without problems.

Edited by ruebe

Dude... how does a screenshot of you driving a truck next to AI prove anything...

Video/repro mission would only prove it.

Qazdar: I play this game a lot and know thousands of bugs,so SUMA really doesn't want to miss my posts ...

I bet you anything Suma now really gonna try miss your posts. Bold by me - we're talking plural! :D Keep it up though mate cause i applaud you for even being able to play with that many bugs! :p

Module problem:

Btw, i think i found the cause to SSM not willing to drop the units specified when called. Seems ACM+SSM modules together in the same mission will mess up SSM's unit drop since a bunch beta's back. When ACM module were removed it worked normally again (as it has always worked).

SSM dropped units combat state:

The units come in "danger" mode now as well which creates more work for the player. You want them to drop from the sky and regroup as fast as possible (aware preferably), but now you need to set them to "aware" mode as they land.

I will have repro within the evening. Of course i will also test this beta first. Maybe it was fixed hehe.

Dude... how does a screenshot of you driving a truck next to AI prove anything...

Video/repro mission would only prove it.

uhm, why should I post a "repro" if things work fine? Besides it takes some time, to come up with a "minimal"/good repro, which I am not wasting for things that aren't a problem (anymore).

You should be sure if the "slow" driving is not the old problem of AI overshooting curves and steering too late, meaning he has to make corrections etc., that slows it down. But that is the old and known behaviour. Which might be corrected also some day when a Dev has too much time.

This is what I mean (red=straight forward, yellow=forward curve, blue=going backwards):

9a5zj85c.png

Left is the current behaviour: AI Vehicle will drive straight to the exact intersection, and only then realise that he has to turn, so he turns, but gets off the road (of course because a wheeled car can't turn on the spot), so has to push back and correct, sometimes several times, eventually getting on track and picking up speed again.

Right would be the proper behaviour: When approaching the crossroads, AI would change direction BEFORE the actual intersection point has been reached, thus staying on a nice curve.

Same is also true for a curvy road, the steering corrections are always a bit too late and thus the correcion has to be stronger than needed, resulting in slowdown.

But I wouldn't call this a bug, it's just the way it's implemented. Not great and quite annoying sometimes, but probably doing it the "proper" way would be much harder to program (would probably involve fiddling with Bézier curves or splines, might even increase CPU load).

Edited by Brainbug

Love the fact that now when an AI covers my flank I feels safe, but having a ACR spec-ops that like to draw out their handgun and starts firing at a target 100m away is a bit weird, on top of that they get stuck.

@Suma, possible to have a look into these 2 bugs if you have the capacity?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3168

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12143

Some changes in AI detection range? Imho its pretty low for infantry units especially AI with sniper weapons/binocs should get better data/info about units/troops.

Are there changes how AI use their weapons in an effective + coordinated way eg using AT ammo primarily on armored weapons, shooting ATs on different targets instead of all on one.

Repro is simple - just place certain groups with simple move wp [200-500m to each other] in editor (Desert/Utes) and watch how bad they are acting/standing + watching at each other.

Same simple repro with Czech and KSK units who use the G17 pistol instead of their rifles/machinegun.

Guess the TK_machinegun error message in *.rpt is still not fixed aswell as different sounds for FN FAL rifle.

Anyway its good to see that BIS devs are working on issues/bugs instead of leaving A2OA for good and reintroduce old bugs in A3. Of course if BIS devs would find some time to play A2OA..... just one internal mission-match/week. ;):)

uhm, why should I post a "repro" if things work fine? Besides it takes some time, to come up with a "minimal"/good repro, which I am not wasting for things that aren't a problem (anymore).

Because people are reporting that it DOESN'T work. You come in and say it works, but post a screenshot for proof. That makes zero sense.