Sign in to follow this  
suma

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83343

Download at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Contains fixes of issues introduced in 83313 (esp. missing head movement).

Moreover, AI now should not engage empty static guns any more.

Thank you, Suma and Dwarden! :)

since the dev are focusing on AI, I really do hope the conversation with civvies will get fixed. Now it's impossible to get any dialog with civvie AI in arma2 at all.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18165

The target report was broken also for OA units...you should know that sometimes BI fixes issues by simply taking the feature out of the game (like secondary sight on G36 in A2, removed with 1.01 and never reintroduced albeit fixed for 1.50) The removal of this takes away the RPG feel that the A2 Campaign had. Edited by Beagle

since the dev are focusing on AI, I really do hope the conversation with civvies will get fixed. Now it's impossible to get any dialog with civvie AI in arma2 at all.

What???? Does this include OA also? If so, that is a disaster. I will try and test this.

I'm still having getin problems.

In this one BLUFOR kill the enemy AI infantry and the driver of a truck.

Your're a BLUFOR M2 gunner.

When all OPFOR are killed dismount the M2 and go and get in the truck,as soon as you mount the truck your killed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s24e4x

The target report was broken also for OA units...you should know that sometimes BI fixes issues by simply taking the feature out of the game (like secondary sight on G36 in A2, removed with 1.01 and never reintroduced albeit fixed for 1.50) The removal of this takes away the RPG feel that the A2 Campaign had.

The artillery module in OA also still lacks a lot of voice-overs present in AA2.

It isn't like they were worse or anything - could've included them in OA as well.

Now when you call artillery it's

Roger - out - roger - out - roger - out

Whereas previously you had proper comms for that

In BAF Lancers, I am still able to "converse" with civvies. I select Greeting (English), and they reply normally. Could you give an example of what you are seeing?

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

When all OPFOR are killed dismount the M2 and go and get in the truck,as soon as you mount the truck your killed.

Confirmed on Veteran. What's the deal? You are suddenly considered OPFOR because you enter a non-destroyed OPFOR vehicle? :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I also confirm that the AI aiming issue has been fixed.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22974

It is a riot to try the test missions now. Witness the brutality. The poor lonely opfor guy gets torn apart by the 4 prone blufor, but the guy does manage to kill one of the blufor before getting six shots in his cranium.

The artillery module in OA also still lacks a lot of voice-overs present in AA2.

It isn't like they were worse or anything - could've included them in OA as well.

Now when you call artillery it's

Roger - out - roger - out - roger - out

Whereas previously you had proper comms for that

Not only that, in A2 you had A.I. that did not belong to your group report enemy contacts via "HQ" to the player.

I really dont get it...the Communication in A2 worked good...now in OA almost all is broken.

I confirm I can see the problem. There is one short moment in which the vehicle is still considered enemy (even if harmless) and already active (there is a driver), and in this moment BLUFOR units engage it. I will check what can be done to prevent it.

I have attached a repro which is a bit simplified (less units, shorter distance to run).

I confirm I can see the problem. There is one short moment in which the vehicle is still considered enemy (even if harmless) and already active (there is a driver), and in this moment BLUFOR units engage it. I will check what can be done to prevent it.

Should be fixed in 83359

Cheers oddly when I tried to change things for a beta example the problem went away so I went with what I knew worked or failed.

In BAF Lancers, I am still able to "converse" with civvies. I select Greeting (English), and they reply normally. Could you give an example of what you are seeing?

Try put 2 groups of civvies in editor 1 chernarussians while the other Takistanis, if you approach the takis, they tends to greets you and you reply while the Chernarussians are quiet.

Also a question to anyone testing this, does AI that travels in trucks/cars disembark and engage the enemy if engaged upon while in transit? Or they just disembark and mount again w/o engaging the enemy? The current beta seems to be the latter. Need further testing...

Not only that, in A2 you had A.I. that did not belong to your group report enemy contacts via "HQ" to the player.

I really dont get it...the Communication in A2 worked good...now in OA almost all is broken.

IIRC when your units were near you they also used to speak without using radios, while they used radios only on longer ranges.

Now it's radios all the time

Operation Arrowhead thus feels like it had that 'character' ArmA2 had butchered

Since, you guys doing such a good job, on releasing these betas,

I have a programmers joke for you, that friend of mine sent me.

Q: Why, the position of elementary particle is undetermined, until it is observed?

A: Because computer that is running the universe, saves the cycles this way, and

enumerates only those particles, that it must. ;)

Since, you guys doing such a good job, on releasing these betas,

I have a programmers joke for you, that friend of mine sent me.

Oof, that joke is too much hard work :D

A neutron walks into a bar and asks for a beer. "How much?" asks the neutron.

The barman replies: "For you - no charge."

:)

good joke :) + sharing with some space engine coders ;)

Performance in this beta? the 83261 gave me the best performance since a long time!

Performance in this beta? the 83261 gave me the best performance since a long time!

Test it and see? How would we know how it performs on your machine versus 83261? ;)

I play only MP and sometimes while in ammobox I can't change weapons or rearm ammo.

If I click the weapon it might change after 10-20 secs.

It doesn't always happen but it has happened in different missions with no lagspikes at the moment. The other players haven't reported any similar problems and they are not running the latest betas.

I am back in 79600 which I never experienced the problem and will test the betas in between to find when it started.

Test it and see? How would we know how it performs on your machine versus 83261? ;)

That means the beta was only made for me?;) Cool! :yay: j/k i will test soon.

Edit: So far this is as good as 83261! ;)

Edited by Grillob3

Driver crash after about 15 minutes of Zargabad Life. I don't think I've seen a driver crash with 1.59 stock so something in the betas is causing this, I believe. Nothing in the RPT file and no dump because no crash. :(

EDIT: Never mind, same thing in OA stock as well. *sigh* I guess the next step is to try other nVidia drivers maybe...

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I kicked down my graphics cards to the stock speed settings (the previous overclocks were barely anything, but just for testing purposes) and I still will get freezes in-game sometimes, but usually it seems to recover and keep going, whereas before it would minimize the game and I had to manually close it in Task Manager.

Still not sure what is going on, but I don't think it's solely an nVidia driver issue. I've had the problem with a variety of drivers and GPU clock speeds.

Edited by MavericK96

30 minutes of Zargabad Life played fine for me on my 295 SLI, even with AToC=7. I would consider playing at similar video settings as mine (see signature). I thought that CTDs were more frequent when my 295 was being taxed too much, and reducing that taxing as much as possible while maximizing quality (and FPS) helped reduce the CTDs. Also, playing at full res 1920x1080 removes the necessity of using AA at all. Since you don't use AToC anyway, I would consider turning AA off.

Edited by OMAC

I could try that, but there is a noticeable quality difference with AA off even when using native resolution.

I actually just played Zargabad Life for a long time (like 1-2 hours probably) without any issues on 1.59 stock. Not sure why sometimes there are issues and sometimes not. I feel that it may be related to view distance as well, since the first couple times I was using 3500, and then later I used 3000 and it seemed to improve the situation.

Regardless, I get playable framerates even using 5000 and my GPUs are not overheating, so something is still wrong with the game.