Sign in to follow this  
suma

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83343

Perhaps so. Have you tried turning HT back on? It is on, or at least I never messed with it, on my system. Hopefully these problems don't have anything to do with NVIDIA drivers and 200 series cards, as NVIDIA has neglected that series for well over a year.

What's the deal? You are suddenly considered OPFOR because you enter a non-destroyed OPFOR vehicle? :confused:

That's part of making the AI more human like ;) Have you never played Domination? :D

That's part of making the AI more human like ;) Have you never played Domination? :D
...or warfare...as soon as you drive around in your proudly captured BMP players will start to shoot AT at you...so it is nice to see that A.I. does this too...its soo human.

I think mobile enemy vehicles being targeted represents reasonable activity.

At distance yes but not when you walk right past a group of friendlies to mount the vehicle and they fire on you the instant you get in.

If you want that I don't see that it would be hard to script but harder to prevent.

At distance yes but not when you walk right past a group of friendlies to mount the vehicle and they fire on you the instant you get in.

If you want that I don't see that it would be hard to script but harder to prevent.

Hmm... on balance I would say that I do want that, but I don't see how it would be easy to script. Can a vehicle have a separate "side" value to it's driver? I wouldn't accept changing the unit's side as a solution.

As this should be already fixed (see http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1996146&postcount=2) perhaps you might want to check the new version first? If you still see something you think should work in some other way, feel free to report it.

YES! If you are in view of friendlies while boarding, of course they shouldn't then target the vehicle!!

Especially in Warfare, capturing enemy vehicles is very important, and there has to be a way of doing so effectively without being targeted by your own men. I guess that boarding within view of your men should be enough to change ownership of the vehicle to friendly.

Edited by OMAC

Fixed now anyway.

As it was it would never have worked right, if there were two trucks just get in the one they fired on first and they wouldn't attack you.

It was a bug not a feature although I do dislike that you can steal any vehicle and it's instantly classed as friendly without have to use a radio or place a strobe.

Fixed now anyway.

As it was it would never have worked right, if there were two trucks just get in the one they fired on first and they wouldn't attack you.

It was a bug not a feature although I do dislike that you can steal any vehicle and it's instantly classed as friendly without have to use a radio or place a strobe.

I reckon it should be a settable option. Like via a module or something. In that way, it could even become more logical RE the walking past friendlies thing.

I was also thinking that radio report or strobe would be the best way to handle this, and then you could board the vehicle while not in sight of friendlies and use it safely.

In A2 Warfare, an unrelated frustration is that captured enemy vehicles that were acquired by killing the crew would vanish into thin air after a while, I guess because the vehicle was slightly damaged, and the game automatically gets rid of them to save cycles. In Badlands, this was a pain, but not critical. In Freedom Fighters, it was occasionally downright maddening, like the rest of the bugged scenario.