Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

LiULy.jpg

MARRY ME.

ಠ_ಠ

if we had Take On style dashboard interactions, then that button should murder all of the crew when the driver is annoyed by them.

if we had Take On style dashboard interactions, then that button should murder all of the crew when the driver is annoyed by them.

Scroll Wheel > Eject > All Occupants

Looks great! One comment though, is it me or do the tyres seem proportionally smaller than the rest of the vic?

Great work! Looking forward to this. :)

It looks great! One minor niggle that I have is that the dashboard push-buttons should be darker on the outer edges as opposed to lighter. Here is what I mean: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00iBAaUFscnpqf/Signal-Light-Push-Button-Switch.jpg

Keep up the great work!

Abs

(mini update)

I went back and re-remade those push-buttons; The dark edges were just too subtle. It's almost complete now, I just have to texture the two sets of knobs underneath.

RG31_dashboard_WIP_08.jpg

RG31_dashboard_WIP_09.jpg

RG31_dashboard_WIP_10.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

LiULy.jpg

MARRY ME.

ಠ_ಠ

lol I'm glad someone noticed 'the look of disapproval'. I had no idea what the picture for that button was, so I needed a place-holder.

Its abit to badass looking you might want to change it. But good job other then that.

Too badass? Coming from you, that's one hell of a compliment. But you know I'm just gonna have to make it better now lol.

Here are a few pics of the new dashboard I threw together today. I have a light workload at the moment so I'm gonna try to do as much as I can before everything gets crazy again.

RG31_dash_2_05.jpg

RG31_dash_2_02.jpg

RG31_dash_2_03.jpg

RG31_dash_2_01.jpg

RG31_dash_2_04.jpg

If you look closely you'll notice that it's still pretty rough around the edges; there are a few things still to be textured; the steering wheel is too thin and weird-looking, but it's getting there. Next I'll be making some random bits and bobs to make the driver's compartment look a bit more cluttered, then it's on to the door locking mechanism.

I'll upload some more pics as soon as I can.

No work today so I decided to add a bunch of kit to the interior:

RG31_interior_WIP01.jpg

RG31_interior_WIP02.jpg

As you can tell, nothing has been textured yet and I still have to tidy a few things up. I think these new additions are gonna be a case of 'fill in the blanks' as I have no idea what the equipment is, although I know they exist. I copied straight from a hi-res photo of a USMC RG31 (looked like a Mk5A or Mk5E).

More pics once everything is textured.

this thing just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see this in ArmA3 with proper suspension and wheel turning animations :)

Here's a little update for you guys.

I've been on a texturing mission the past few days and here are the results. I also added a BFT to the passenger side of the dashboard, after speaking to a combat photographer for the US Army. Really nice guy who's agreed to double-check my work for accuracy (he has personal experience with the Mk5E, and the Mk5A we're making is virtually the same).

RG31_int-WIP_02.jpg

RG31_int-WIP_01.jpg

RG31_int-WIP_04.jpg

RG31_int-WIP_03.jpg

As this is still work in progress, things will be added and removed along the way (depending on how good they look or how accurate/inaccurate they are).

More pics coming soon.

Looking good as usual. One question that I have for you: Is this the LOD0 interior, or the cargo/driver LOD?

Abs

Looking good as usual. One question that I have for you: Is this the LOD0 interior, or the cargo/driver LOD?

Abs

This is gonna be the cargo/driver LOD. Although I'm gonna make the LOD0 interior look as good as possible.

You seriously need to stop this, Nick - you make everything I've done so far look all half-arsed and dull! :D

Great work, very inspiring

Looks pretty accurate. Although the only experience I had with the MRAPS was the RG-33J's and MAXXPRO's. Ill sift through some of my old photos later today see if I can find you some material.

Looks pretty accurate. Although the only experience I had with the MRAPS was the RG-33J's and MAXXPRO's. Ill sift through some of my old photos later today see if I can find you some material.

Thanks, Porter. That would be great! Any photos you have of the interiors would go a long way. I'm currently filling the rear with tons of wires and general clutter, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

PM sent Explosive.

Hope it helps!

Return PM sent :)

I'll start making those new objects today. They'll be finished and ready by time I upload the next batch of RG31 pics.

Thanks again for your help. It'll go a long way towards making this as realistic as possible.

Sorry to lurk on an A2 thread - ExA are you still considering an A1 release?

(Pics are simply stunning btw)

Arma1 ... whats that then ? ;)

We certainly are :)