Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

When this monster is done I'll make a TvT mission (ALL vs 1-5 insurgents) ;)

I just have a couple of pics to share; something I knocked up in Photoshop today.

The interior is improving day by day but it's a long way from being perfect. Thankfully, after getting in touch with the nice people at BAE Systems, they've sent me some really nice reference photos to help with the project.

In the next update, I'll have the doors properly modeled and a lot more cabin detail. Until then, I hope you like the pics and don't forget to check out the ArmA1 WIP thread to see some new in-game screenshots:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2004607#post2004607

RG31_RP006_02.jpg

RG31_RP007_02.jpg

Just a quick update to let you guys know the current status of the Mk5 project.

Things are going slow at the moment, for two reasons...

1) I'm modeling the interior now which is unbelievably complex. For example, I spent a whole day making all the flick-switches, buttons and dials for the dashboard... and it's still not finished lol.

2) I'm really easily distracted... I took a week off the 3D work to make some high resolution desktop backgrounds in Photoshop. I started off with one and it just snowballed.

RG31_HD_401S.jpg

RG31_HD_503S.jpg

RG31_HD_01S.jpg

RG31_HD_303S.jpg

I'll be hitting 3D Studio hard this week and next, so I should have some good pics to share soon. In the meantime, if you want to check out the 1920x1200 versions of these desktops, head over to my deviantART page:

http://nick-foreman.deviantart.com/

Very nice, hope you will fiinish it soon, I cant wait to play with this beauty! :bounce3:

ExplosiveAids: didn't see Enad for quite some time posting certain word, so here goes .... "Awesome!!!1199"

Guys, any news on this one ? I can´t wait anymore. :D

Big thanks!

Yeah I have to admit... we kinda got... distracted... lol

Stiltman and I have been making some HH-60G Pavehawks (which are almost finished now btw), so the RG31 has been gathering dust. I don't know how we got off the RG31 for so long, but we did, and we're getting back on it, promise :)

The Pavehawks don't need any more 3D work done to them, so I can focus on making the RG31's dashboard and door locking mechanism now. I'll upload some pics once I've made some decent progress.

Thanks for your patience, guys. This AddOn will see the light of day, sooner rather than later.

Stiltman and I have been making some HH-60G Pavehawks

:eek:

:bounce3:

You guys are awesome!!!

Can't wait for both the RG31 and HH-60 :D

Sorry about the slow updates. Work, real life and BF3 have been keeping me busy. However, I do have some progress to share.

It's turning out to be a lot more complicated than I originally thought (mainly because I want to include as much realistic detail as possible), but the dashboard is beginning to shape up nicely.

Here are a few renders from 3D Studio:

RG31_dashboard_WIP_01.jpg

RG31_dashboard_WIP_02.jpg

RG31_dashboard_WIP_03.jpg

I will admit it's not a 100% authentic RG31 dashboard, more like 93% authenticity. I really had to squint to make out the buttons, so you might notice that one of the icons looks like bacon... All things considered, any inaccuracies won't spoil your game lol.

I still have a lot more to do before I'm happy with it, but I'll upload some more pics when it's complete.

so colorful, makes me want to push the buttons. Looks good dude

I think your setting standards some of us (me) are finding it hard to keep up with:)

Having said that a 'bacon' button seems like an excellent idea ....

can you make it a 'bacon sandwich' button instead?

I think your setting standards some of us (me) are finding it hard to keep up with:)

Having said that a 'bacon' button seems like an excellent idea ....

can you make it a 'bacon sandwich' button instead?

Thanks, cleggy :)

For you, I'll make a bacon sandwich button.

Looks great. I drove by so many of these sitting in a field the other day it's hard to comprehend.

It looks great! One minor niggle that I have is that the dashboard push-buttons should be darker on the outer edges as opposed to lighter. Here is what I mean: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00iBAaUFscnpqf/Signal-Light-Push-Button-Switch.jpg

Keep up the great work!

Abs

Thanks, Abs. Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Since uploading those first pics, I've remade that section of the dashboard and textured the push-buttons. I also added a subtle layer of dust/dirt to the black plastic base.

RG31_dashboard_WIP_04.jpg

It's still not 100% finished yet. We're getting there though :)