Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

I can get you some more pictures for the exterior details your looking to implement.

Give me a few days, possibly a week, and I'll collect them and send them to you again.

Once again looking awesome!

Thanks Porter! Any pics you have would be very helpful. Take your time though, there's no crazy rush, enjoy whatever holiday time you have :)

First update of 2012.

The new turret is now under construction. Thanks to NZXSHADOW, we have some awesome reference material to build a crazy high-detail turret. I still have a lot more stuff to make so I'll post some more pics when it's done and properly textured.

Turret_new1_01.jpg

Turret_new1_02.jpg

Turret_new1_03.jpg

And for no reason, here's a pic I made the other day because I was bored (with the old turret).

RG31_X18.jpg

The Mk5A will come with M2, M240, Mk19, TOW and RWS options. So there should be something for everyone.

that last picture looks really impressive, if i didn't know better i would have mistaken it for something BIS would have included in OA.

Speaking of OA have you considered placing a VS-17 signal panel on the model, or perhaps a proxy so it could be toggled on/off by mission designers? I'm not sure how authentic this would be though considering they were most likely introduced long after the initial combat operations where they would be most useful in preventing friendly fire. However it does seem like it would add an extra layer of immersion and would have some functionality in online operations.

Great work, looking forward to release!

ExplosiveAids, all this is good ;)! But dont forget about limitation of polys :D!

ExplosiveAids, all this is good ;)! But dont forget about limitation of polys :D!

We are monitoring this closely to get in as much detail as possible without going crazy on the polys.

So far what you see in the rendered photos is around 15000points and 14000faces in total.

so alot of what makes it awesome is the textures.

but we are aiming to be on the very limit on detail, to make it as good as possible and still be very usable ;)

Thanks Exa and Stiltman - awesome work as always. You guys sure set a high bar! Incredible!

The Mk5A will come with M2, M240, Mk19, TOW and RWS options. So there should be something for everyone.

I'd hate to be OPFOR against this truck!

Happy New Year to you both! :)

Stew

I've pretty much finished the turret now and wanted to update you all on the project.

I had to add another window (2 on the left, 3 on the right), some side mirrors and a simple camo net.

Turret_wip2_02.jpg

Turret_wip2_01.jpg

Turret_wip2_05.jpg

Turret_wip2_03.jpg

I should point out the lighting isn't perfect, it's obscuring a lot of the texture detail I've made. They're only test pics though. Rest assured, when this is finally in ArmA2, you'll see much more detail.

I'll upload a couple of pics of the new turret on the RG31 very shortly.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

As promised, here are a couple of pics of the the new turret in place, just so you have an idea of how it looks. Enjoy.

rg31_T1.jpg

rg31_T6.jpg

That is one tough looking truck! Stunning!

Hi guys, I have a little update for you.

I was going to add more detail to the RG but decided to leave it (for now) because I'd just get carried away. The state you see it in now, is the state it'll stay in for a while. Saying that, I do still have to make a hook for the winch on the front, but that's it.

RG31_B2S.jpg

RG31_B3S.jpg

RG31_B5S.jpg

Main additions:

- LED/IR spotlights

- A random bit of rope

- Heavy duty tow bar

Minor tweaks:

- Replaced front antenna with second hard antenna

- Added a missing panel, between the two front windows

- Added an open hatch to the turret

- Added the switch in the turret, used to turn it.

Next step is making the low-poly LODs, so there won't be many new pics for a while.

Stiltman and I were talking recently and we've decided to only release two RGs in v1.0 of this addon (an M2 and a Mk19 variant). This way, you guys won't be waiting months and months for us to make everything we had planned, and you'll have two MRAPs to play with.

After v1.0 is released, I'll start making the RWS variant (which will require a fair bit of work), then we'll focus on adding the M240 and TOW variants. Apologies to anyone who was hoping to get their hands on all variants at once, but we thought it would be better to release something simple first, then build on it.

Thanks for your patience and support. I'll make another update once we're ready to start beta testing, then we'll have some decent in-game pics for you.

Stop showing us real pictures of the RG, and show us your model. :p

I'm well aware that I still have to send you those files I promised. Sorry for the delay. Keep up the awesome work!

Abs

Awesome, and good decision with releasing only 2 RGs. Sooner the better. :D

Keep it up! :bounce3:

Just for those who dont know like I did at first RWS Is almost the same or is the same as the CROWS System already in ArmA 2 OA. (Not sure if there is a diffrence but from my google search physical aperence is the same).

this is shaping up nicely. can't wait to use this in game.

Outstanding progress. Im defiantly looking forward to playing around with this vehicle. It will be violated of course. I dont know about what RWS system your planing but I would go with a XM153 system. I personally think its a bit more sexier then the M151 Protector setup.

Outstanding progress. Im defiantly looking forward to playing around with this vehicle. It will be violated of course. I dont know about what RWS system your planing but I would go with a XM153 system. I personally think its a bit more sexier then the M151 Protector setup.

You're right, it's a sexy bit of kit :)

I wasn't sure of the actual name (thanks for that) but yes the XM153 is the one we're going for. Now I can do some proper research and make it as realistic as possible.