Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

ahh i gave you one MB

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

check your trash Marine.....LOL

ahh i gave you one MB

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

check your trash Marine.....LOL

I stand corrected.... yes you did give me one! Must have been all that sleep deprivation...

STATUS UPDATE:

In trying to fix the AI issue, and also by the help of Mandoble. I have decided that it would be best to basically remove everything and then slowly add them back into the addon. I am also re-writing many of the scripts into sqf format. Obviously this will take a little time, but in the end produce a better addon. Here is a video of just some of things that I am working on or added. They arent complete so there may be an error or two, but those will be solved shortly...

C-nIhxFcFos

Thank you for this great plane. I'm having a lot of fun with it together with the Nimitz and my friends on lan. Once I ejected into the admirals bridge as came in too low ... had the laughter on my side. My editing abilities are limited but is there a possibility to change the weapon loadout in the ingame editor via the init box to other glt weapons?

Yes you can.

First of all, put the ammo slider on the plane you want all the way to zero.

Then you add in the init: this addweapon "X"; this addmagazine "Y"; , and so on for each weapon/magazine, the weapon list (for instance glt's as you mentioned) can be checked on the missilebox pdf.

Be careful in the order you put them as they may end up a bit wierd sometimes on the pylons.

BE ADVISED CBA IS NOW A REQUIRED ADDON

2ndMAW-2.jpg

======================

REQUIRED ADDONS:

======================

ARMA II CO

CBA

GLT_Missilebox

mar_pilot (INCLUDED)

MAKE SURE YOU DELETE OR REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF 2_MAW

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:

mando_missile.pbo

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

Aircraft can be found under:

----------------------------

Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

Blufor > RAAF > No. 1 Squadron (1SQN)

Pilot can be found under:

-------------------------

Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot

FOLD WINGS:

-------------

this animate ["l_wingfold",1]

this animate ["r_wingfold",1]

OPEN CANOPY:

--------------

this animate ["canopy",1]

This project is pleased to announce that we have a new member to the team, his name is tromac. He did the RAAF reskins and they look great!. I want to thank the community for reporting bugs and issues. We are working hard to get the issues resolved.

I am really appreciative of Mandoble for all of the help he has given me. He has done much in helping make this an awesome addon. Thank you friend!

I am hoping to give you as much information as possible so you will be able to operate it successfully. But you will have to do some experiementing yourself to get aquainted with the controls.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES/CHANGES/BUGS :

This only includes the USMC F/A-18F variant. In the future I would like to add:

*US Navy F/A-18E

*REWORK F/A-18F rear seat controls

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

CONTENT/FEATURES/CHANGES/BUGS :

At this time this addon contains USMC F/A-18F variant, US Navy F/A-18F, and RAAF F/A-18F. In the future I would like to add :

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

CHANGES:

--------

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.8 (with a special thanks to Mandoble)

--------------------

FIXED: Damper now works perfectly!!

FIXED: Lift envelope was off (plane took off by itself at like 150 km/hr)

IMPROVED: HUD

IMPROVED: Afterburner flame

FIXED: Chernarus lag (tested with 5 F/A-18 vers 5 SU-34, only lagged once and that was during an explosion)

ADDED: Extended_Eventhandler (CBA Required)

ADDED: Two more US Navy fighters

ADDED: New MFD 3 with startup

ADDED: Indicator Lights with startup

REWORKED: The whole addon, rewrote scripts from .sqs to .sqf, removed scripts, renamed classnames of aircraft, renamed addon to MAR tag. (A big thanks goes out to Franze and the ones that helped him with the original F/A-18.)

FIXED: AI landing gear issue (still havent had a chance to check them landing)

FIXED: LOD issue

REVERTED: Back to vanilla ArmA II useraction Gear Up/Gear Down

STARTED: Working on new added bonuses with Mandoble.

SPECIAL THANKS: USMC (#2)[GLT]MYKE, (#3)F2F_BHO, (#4)FRANZE, (#5)MANDOBLE, / US Navy (00)JDOG in appreciation for helping me your names are on each of those numbered planes and along with a special WSO!!!

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.7 (REMOVED DUE TO ANNOYING ERRORS)

--------------------

REMOVED: F/A-18F marker

FIXED: Engage Afterburner action

IMPROVED: I really like the new textures (Thanks F2F_BHO and tromac)

IMPROVED: The afterburner flame

SPECIAL THANKS: USMC (#2)[GLT]MYKE, (#3)F2F_BHO, (#4)FRANZE, (#5)MANDOBLE, / US Navy (00)JDOG in appreciation for helping me your names are on each of those numbered planes and along with a special WSO!!!

FINISHED: Startup sequence for MFD 1, MFD 2 (I have more plans for them in the future)

CHANGED: HUD color

FIXED: takeoff speed actually it is now around 175!

FIXED: Can use player profile face with pilot

FIXED: Canopy angle to high when open, Bottom of canopy should almost pass through top of WSO seat.

DID THE BEST THAT I CAN AT THIS MOMENT ON THE DAMPERS...THEY STILL NOT THE BEST BUT I FEEL IN TIME THEY WILL BE

ADDED: No. 1 Squadron of the Royal Austrailian Air Force (Textures done wonderfully by tromac!!)

IMPLEMENTED: hiddenselections on the planes so the file will stay small and faster..

WIP: the cockpit might have some black areas that should have textures.. i know about that and actually am planning on redoing the cockpit. will be on later update.

CORRECTED LAND CONTACT POINT: plane was hovering a little should be good now.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.6

--------------------

ADDED: Dampers to aircraft

SCALED: Canopy a little down to real life scale

FIXED: AI Landing gear issue (now retracts landing gear on takeoff, havent checked if it lowers on landing)

FIXED: Units not getting in

FIXED: landing crashes (doesnt damage as often)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.5

--------------------

FIXED: US Navy faction error

ADDED: PVS14 to pilot

**ADDED: Holster script (Thanks to Celery) (not working)

IMPROVED: HUD Compass texture and HUD display

FIXED: Flight Path Indicator and ILS

IMPROVED: F/A-18 unit picture

FOUND: Corrected something that removedAllWeapons from pilot.. I fixed it.

IMPROVED: The user actions.. check them out!

SOLVED: EJECTION FAIL issue (due to running ACE ejection )

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.4

--------------------

ADDED: Carrier Air wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

FIXED: useraction title "Lower Landing Gear" and "Retract Landing Gear"

FIXED: ERROR "pvs14.p3d not found"

ADDED: GEAR to Fighter Pilot

("Binocular_Vector","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","M9")

CHANGED: mar_pilot now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot

IMPROVED: mar_pilot addon, especially worked on helmet and rvmat.

ADDED: Pilot now has control of machine gun with crosshair (Thanks to Tasel)

FIXED: WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel) now optics include normal, nightvision, thermal white, thermal black.

ADDED: zoom levels to WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.3

--------------------

RESOLVED: TAILHOOK ISSUE - But I think there might be still two actions that pop up, but I dont think they are on my part, because my useractions would be "Tailhook DOWN" and "Tailhook UP".

REMOVED "F-18" which was really F35B

FIXED Ejection error

FIXED not positively sure but hopefully fixed the multiplayer landing gear issue.

CHANGED now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

COMING SOON: Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.2

--------------------

FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck

REMOVED extra "gear up' and 'gear down" actions

FIXED Pilot View centered for all units

FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit

RESOLVED Scaling Issue - I checked the dimensions of the F/A-18F and the model is nearly perfect on scale.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.1

--------------------

* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now

TO DO List

------------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

* FIX LOD issue on USS Nimitz (MEDIUM)

* ADD FOLDED WINGS version (LOW)

* Change position of optics (MEDIUM)

* Dampers (they work but not as I want, will get this done) (HIGH)

Thanks to Pharohx who is helping me with the accuracy of the model, gave me these pointers!

* Tug has a problem latching on to nosegear, arm passes right through, claw cant clamp gear

* No Speed Brake, Rudders seem to converge in the center when brakes are applied.

* Large Empty space behind WSO seat, missing Black equipment,"Box".

* Gun Port should be metalic and differ darker than surrounding pain scheme.

* Flight controls missing from WSO seat

* Nosegear wheel tread is gray instead of "sticky flat" black.

* Pilot Helmet has old shape "mikey mouse" ears.

* Pilot Visor too small.

* No waypoint indicator on the HUD

* AOA indicator seems too big. Blocks more viewable space.

* Weapon selection not working on HUD

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

Aircraft:

MARINES

-------

vmfa_aw533_01

vmfa_aw533_02

vmfa_aw533_03

vmfa_aw533_04

vmfa_aw533_05

NAVY

----

vfa_14_200

vfa_14_202

vfa_14_203

RAAF

----

no_1sqn_204

no_1sqn_206

no_1sqn_208

no_1sqn_210

no_1sqn_212

WEAPON CLASSNAMES

----------------------

fz_f18_droptank

MAGAZINE: "GLT_1Rnd_fz_f18_droptank ", "GLT_2Rnd_fz_f18_droptank", "GLT_3Rnd_fz_f18_droptank", "GLT_4Rnd_fz_f18_droptank", "GLT_5Rnd_fz_f18_droptank"

glt_anaaq28

MAGAZINE: "GLT_anaaq28"

WILL ADD MORE

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

The PBO and Sign files in the archive need to be extracted into your ArmA/Addons folder.

However the mod folder method is the better solution.

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

[GLT] Myke

ANZACSAS Steve

Mandoble

Franze

F2F_BHO

Tasel

JDog

tromac

and many more out there in the community... thank you!

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

This readme has been made by using the ArmedAssault.info Readme Generator.

Check ArmedAssault.info to get the latest ArmA news !

======================

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

======================

mar_2MAW_V1.8

Nice work Meatball! Anyway to have then in seprate PBO's so as we dont have to have many F-18s in one pbo(USN/USMC/RAAF) to save on addon space? Just a suggestion, love the jets! Thanks for all you hard work!

I love your addon but each time you update I end up rolling back and using the 1.4 version.

The updates your making are great in general and like I said I love your addon but after updating to this version there are still some issues.

1) Action menu entries are duplicating, after closing the "arcraft actions" you get multiple "avionics", at one point after going deep into navigation menus and stuff I ended up with about 4 "avioncs" entres 4 "eject" entires and the "close avionics" was just adding more "avionics" entires at that point.

2) The dampers are great and I dont know if its your jet or the nimitz but when I land on the nimitz with the 1.8 version I either stop dead as the dampers contract or the dampers contract and the plane explodes.

3) One issue that I have alot is if the aircraft takes damage to the EWS the jet continously turns on the landing autopilot, I dont know if this is intended but if it is, could you maybe think about removing that.

Overall great addon, keep up the work, just wanted to give you some feedback.

I love your addon but each time you update I end up rolling back and using the 1.4 version.

The updates your making are great in general and like I said I love your addon but after updating to this version there are still some issues.

1) Action menu entries are duplicating, after closing the "arcraft actions" you get multiple "avionics", at one point after going deep into navigation menus and stuff I ended up with about 4 "avioncs" entres 4 "eject" entires and the "close avionics" was just adding more "avionics" entires at that point.

2) The dampers are great and I dont know if its your jet or the nimitz but when I land on the nimitz with the 1.8 version I either stop dead as the dampers contract or the dampers contract and the plane explodes.

3) One issue that I have alot is if the aircraft takes damage to the EWS the jet continously turns on the landing autopilot, I dont know if this is intended but if it is, could you maybe think about removing that.

Overall great addon, keep up the work, just wanted to give you some feedback.

I forgot to post that the navigation and the RWR system are not operable at this time. MMA has now included a NAV system that I encourage all to use. The RWR needs some tweakage as it is conflicting with some scripts so I removed it.

As for the dampers.... how many hours have you spent in a flight simulator simulating carrier landings..... just joking. I notice that too but if you land correctly (nose up, rear wheels touching first) and airspeed at 220 or less, chances are the gear wont collapse on you. But I am still tweaking them and hopefully will have them more forgiving at a later update.

3) One issue that I have alot is if the aircraft takes damage to the EWS the jet continously turns on the landing autopilot

:yeahthat:

when i put my aircraft in the editor, almost the entire aircraft is invisible, only the weaponry is visable as the pilots, cockpit and that about it. After i get up in the air about 200m ALT, its freezes up a sec and then the plane appears completly but all the options as mentioned aboce are dublicated. the air dampers are working perfectly though even on the Nimitz no issues at all but then again i havnt landed fron wheel first and then the back wheels :D love the plane so far but hope you will be able to resolve the issues.

:yeahthat:

That is new to me.. never had that happen. Is that happening now? I disabled the system damage scripts, so what version are you using? V1.8 baby is the latest and greatest!

when i put my aircraft in the editor, almost the entire aircraft is invisible, only the weaponry is visable as the pilots, cockpit and that about it. After i get up in the air about 200m ALT, its freezes up a sec and then the plane appears completly but all the options as mentioned aboce are dublicated. the air dampers are working perfectly though even on the Nimitz no issues at all but then again i havnt landed fron wheel first and then the back wheels :D love the plane so far but hope you will be able to resolve the issues.

I have no clue as to what you are talking about. Are you playing around with the config or something, because I do not have that problem and if i did it would be because of the hiddenSelection. What version are you using? What are you smoking?

Good job with this update. But i did find one serious bug: if you eject the pilot goes into prone and falls to his death, no parachute. Not really much of a fan of the rollback to the blue HUD but hey...

Edited by Fisgas

I have no clue as to what you are talking about. Are you playing around with the config or something, because I do not have that problem and if i did it would be because of the hiddenSelection. What version are you using? What are you smoking?

im using the latest version 1.8 and im not smoking anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6BH2vhz5k

something is worng. i test in armory Arma co + cba + gltmissilebox + real_weapons all updated with six updater

freeze game

f18bug.jpg

Edited by PFC Magician

Just made a quick test run on it and my findings via a good and bad listing:

Good :)

Dampers work and lift values now let me have a decent amount of control at 220 kph

The new USMC texture looks ok, but i found myself missing the 1.6 one back (dunno why, looked cleaner : P)

Bad :(

Chernarus still stutters

RAAF versions became invisible except the weapons and canopy as mentioned above

Duplication of user actions

Comeback of the landing gear double commands (you get both the standard BIS gear up/down, plus your retract landing gear option)

EDIT: forgot to mention the afterburner issue still remains and the green HUD was more realistic to be fair.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Wesley did the very same test as you on Duala, same actions activated in the same sequence, and didnt get any duplication. My textures are right since the beginning. But the duplication of the menu actions is weird, as if the init of the plane were executed twice by CBA XEH. Might you try the same loading only the F18 required addons just to make sure there is not any conflict with something else?

Wesley did the very same test as you on Duala, same actions activated in the same sequence, and didnt get any duplication. My textures are right since the beginning. But the duplication of the menu actions is weird, as if the init of the plane were executed twice by CBA XEH. Might you try the same loading only the F18 required addons just to make sure there is not any conflict with something else?

did the same stuff again and the same problem again, plane is gone at the beginning taking off, textures come back, every is dublicated only with CBA The plane and the island.

Hey man some real nice improvements. And some random new bugs :P... a few such as the action menu doubling have been mentioned... A rather disturbing one I just suffered when I parked in the repair bay when I last landed.... was that the landing gear retracted and refused to come down again.....

I also noticed that ctrl+g only works for gear down and not for gear up.. I also noticed to use the gear I have to pass you landing gear up/down and scroll to the bottom of the action menu and use the default gear up/down...

hmmmm. these are strange because their should be no useractions by me in the addon.

WTF!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I dont know i does this happen when you are using the Nimitz?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

im using the latest version 1.8 and im not smoking anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6BH2vhz5k

Thanks for that video and I was just joking about the smoking deal. These are all new to me and i dont have any answers, the only thing that I saw that makes my mind explode, is the afterburner flames in the video do not look like the new afterburner flames. They are looking like the old style afterburners. I think you are actually using the olderversion and should download the new from my signature.

Everyone who is having problems need to download the new version from my signature