Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Good job with this update. But i did find one serious bug: if you eject the pilot goes into prone and falls to his death, no parachute. Not really much of a fan of the rollback to the blue HUD but hey...

Hey I had the same issue untill I disabled ACE.

@MeatBall

My plane recieves critical damage every landing on the Nimitz. Seems to be stopping to fast, kinda like hitting a tree.

My pilot cannot get out all the time. Sometimes the option is gone from the menu!

BTW, How do you make the Plane clean from start in the editor?

RemoveAllWeapons or RemoveAllitems didnt seem to work. Thanks for the Update! Let me know if I can get you some more stuff!

Move the ammo slider to 0 then add your new weapon choice, but you will still have the empty weapons when cycling the new ones.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

Ok, so i downloaded your signature version.

Some improvements and some wierd new bugs to report.

Turns out i've been using both fz-f18 and mar-f18 at the same time (such an idiot am i right? xD)

Anyway, no texture loading problems, made a perfect carrier landing though i did did get on one land based takeoff massive hull damage for no reason :s

And when i landed on the deck the landing gear literaly disappeared, i couldn't go speeds higher than 7 kph, and finally i couldn't get out.

On a little side note, why did you remove the feature where you had to open the cockpit before being allowed to enter it?, because i really liked that one.

May i ask, why the blue hud and not green? (don't get me wrong, it still looks cool).

Move the ammo slider to 0 then add your new weapon choice, but you will still have the empty weapons when cycling the new ones.

LOL, Thanks

Yeah I had to change my landing routine and now have the issue with landing damage minimized. The dissapearing gear thing, I have seen for myself also.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

Ok, so i downloaded your signature version.

Some improvements and some wierd new bugs to report.

Turns out i've been using both fz-f18 and mar-f18 at the same time (such an idiot am i right? xD)

Anyway, no texture loading problems, made a perfect carrier landing though i did did get on one land based takeoff massive hull damage for no reason :s

And when i landed on the deck the landing gear literaly disappeared, i couldn't go speeds higher than 7 kph, and finally i couldn't get out.

On a little side note, why did you remove the feature where you had to open the cockpit before being allowed to enter it?, because i really liked that one.

May i ask, why the blue hud and not green? (don't get me wrong, it still looks cool).

Dont worry I think that is what many other people are doing also and that is why some of the errors are happening. Also, this is not a final, and the purpose is to have you guys test it and report bugs then I hopefully can fix them. I really appreciate your detailed explaination of the problem and yes I believe the landing gear issue of disappearing is fixed in the next version. I had noticed that also, and made some adjustments to the dampers and i am landing fine now.

I do believe there is some issues that might be on the end of the Nimitz, such as when you take off from the carrier the landing gear automatically retracts.

I went with the blue hud because of the pictures i have seen the color is more greenish-bluish than neon green.

I had to start from scratch and remove everything then slowly add it back and the part that the canopy has to be open before exiting I think got taken out. I like it but have to find a way to get it back into the addon.

People please remember this is my first true addon, so there is going to be a process of bugs and fixes. I also released this early so you guys can tinker with it and work out the bugs. Once again thanks for reporting.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

HI Meatball0311, check play in armory game.for repro issue

Thanks I will try...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

PLEASE REMOVE fz_f18 FROM YOUR ADDONS. THE PBO NAME IS mar_f18 NOW.

I think i found the reason for my massive hull damage incident, i managed to replicate it. Went on Sands, did a full afterburner takeoff, except i didn't take off and kept going on the ground a bit like a land speed record mentalist. Few seconds later...*BOOM* :rolleyes:

Edited by Evil_Brownie

I down loaded this mod and before the new version came out yesterday the Aircraft looked beautiful, loved the mod and the ONLY issue I was having was this error that I listed below and it was not allowing me to use weapons what so ever. DarkXess from Armaholic said he encounted the same errors that I am having exactly and the same droptank code below.

No entery 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/fz_f18_droptank.cartridge'

Thats the error I been getting with both the old mod and the new release. Also on the new release I lost wing fold options which I liked ALOT, and also the canopy was gone along with ejection seats and life raft. I just wanted to bring this to your attention Meatball and see if you could help me figure this issue out or if I could help you in anyway possible. I do want to thank you for taking so much time to make this. It's my faivrote mod on here, I just hope everything gets fixed. Thanks.

Edited by navy198523

I down loaded this mod and before the new version came out yesterday the Aircraft looked beautiful, loved the mod and the ONLY issue I was having was this error that I listed below and it was not allowing me to use weapons what so ever. DarkXess from Armaholic said he encounted the same errors that I am having exactly and the same droptank code below.

No entery 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/fz_f18_droptank.cartridge'

Thats the error I been getting with both the old mod and the new release. Also on the new release I lost wing fold options which I liked ALOT, and also the canopy was gone along with ejection seats and life raft. I just wanted to bring this to your attention Meatball and see if you could help me figure this issue out or if I could help you in anyway possible. I do want to thank you for taking so much time to make this. It's my faivrote mod on here, I just hope everything gets fixed. Thanks.

Read a few post up. Meatball said he removed everything and will slowly put them back in. Just need to read a bit to play catch up.

Hey Prototype I read that but I am not sure if he is aware of the center tank issue, I see other people not even mentioning that issue to him. I understand with the canopy, ejection seat, and life raft but the entire issue with not being able to fire weapson isn't just effecting me, it's also occuring with others but I haven't seen one person post a comment on that issue. Thanks though.

Hey Prototype I read that but I am not sure if he is aware of the center tank issue, I see other people not even mentioning that issue to him. I understand with the canopy, ejection seat, and life raft but the entire issue with not being able to fire weapson isn't just effecting me, it's also occuring with others but I haven't seen one person post a comment on that issue. Thanks though.

Are you using MMA?

Yes I am Meatball, DarkXess from Armaholic said he is recieving the same error code and he has MMA also.

Yea, I can't figure it out. I have MMA, all the required mods, I don't know what is going on with it.

hi meatball. i use your wonderful plane since all versions.

in the latest, i find an error that desappear all textures of plane and appears only weapons (rockets,bombs,droptank etc.) but not the plane:mad:........................is a stealth version? (i joke:D).

someone has the same problem?

thanks.:butbut:

hi meatball. i use your wonderful plane since all versions.

in the latest, i find an error that desappear all textures of plane and appears only weapons (rockets,bombs,droptank etc.) but not the plane:mad:........................is a stealth version? (i joke:D).

someone has the same problem?

thanks.:butbut:

Did you remove the old addon fz_f18? The new addon is named mar_f18 and it seems you may be running both addons at the same time.

Just tested it with the fz_f18 and the mar_f18 pbos together and I got the stealth plane. See image:

th_h1ac001-1.jpg

Like Meatball said just remove the fz_f18 pbo and you should be good. On a side note, I ejected into the water with just the mar_f18 pbo on and I got ejection seat and the life raft. so that is working fine. I also had the fold wings working and the canopy open & close. But as said before you can get in and out with out opening it.

Do you think that possibly another mod could be causing me some kind of issue? I just deleted all my Mando Missile PBOs and re installed them and then ran the game to see if that was the issue some how and I am getting the same result. I am not sure why my F 18 is acting up. I believe you all made a great mod and I don't think it could be a issue with your alls mod but then again I don't know what is going on. I am about to bang my head on my table for about 30 mins until I come up with a new idea. lol.

Did you remove the old addon fz_f18? The new addon is named mar_f18 and it seems you may be running both addons at the same time.

many thanks meatball......:yay:

Just tested it with the fz_f18 and the mar_f18 pbos together and I got the stealth plane. See image:

Like Meatball said just remove the fz_f18 pbo and you should be good. On a side note, I ejected into the water with just the mar_f18 pbo on and I got ejection seat and the life raft. so that is working fine. I also had the fold wings working and the canopy open & close. But as said before you can get in and out with out opening it.

Thanks a lot mate for posting the picture and taking the time to run the test. I did my best rewriting the ejection script, but I believe there is a problem with the WSO not ejecting.. not to sure about it. Yes, I am frantically working on the situation with the canopy and getting in.

Do you think that possibly another mod could be causing me some kind of issue? I just deleted all my Mando Missile PBOs and re installed them and then ran the game to see if that was the issue some how and I am getting the same result. I am not sure why my F 18 is acting up. I believe you all made a great mod and I don't think it could be a issue with your alls mod but then again I don't know what is going on. I am about to bang my head on my table for about 30 mins until I come up with a new idea. lol.

Sounds like you are having some major troubles my friend. Lets start from the first step:

1. REMOVE all prior addons from all mod folders (they should be named fz_f18)

2. Download the current mar_2MAW_V1.8 from my signature (at the bottom of my posts)

3. The new pbo is named mar_f18, add that to your addons/mod folder

I just did a test without MMA and I could fire all weapons and drop the droptank. With MMA, if you press the F key you can toggle between the M61, droptank, and MK82... thats it. Actually you should be using the MMA fire button to fire these weapons anyway and only have the weapon select on the M61. You cannot fire missiles with MMA unless you have a lock on a target.

Yes, there are some small issues, but the major issues should be taken care of if you are doing things right. Especially not using two of the basically same addons together at the same time. Hope that shed some light on the problems

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Yes I am Meatball, DarkXess from Armaholic said he is recieving the same error code and he has MMA also.

I dont know either.. what exactly are you trying to do with the droptank? I have not received any type of error over the droptanks and I have tested this thing hundreds of times. I still think that you have double addons and need to remove the old one.

The new addon is mar_f18, remove the old one fz_f18 from all or any addon/mod folders you have.

Nice f/a-18 Meatball

Can we do make our own custom texture's ?

I like the texture's ,but i want make a jolly rogers skins or some more navy skins .

Do you have a template psd file for releasd or you want make your own skins for next update ?

cya

eddyD

Can we do make our own custom texture's ?

I like the texture's ,but i want make a jolly rogers skins or some more navy skins .

Do you have a template psd file for releasd or you want make your own skins for next update ?

What was the squadron in Independance day again? But those were C's werent they hmmm

Sorry but anyone else getting the "no raise undercarrige" bug? I dont even get the

option to raise/lower it! ... and also when I start the game, first thing I get is an error

saying about faction or something in the lines of that.

Sorry but anyone else getting the "no raise undercarrige" bug? I dont even get the

option to raise/lower it! ... and also when I start the game, first thing I get is an error

saying about faction or something in the lines of that.

You need to download the latest version. mar_2MAW_V1.8 in my signature. Then you need to delete the old one fz_f18.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

CBA is also required now

Meatball ive got everything to work again, ive deleted the old files, thanks.

Awesome mate!! Hope you enjoy those RAAF!!