Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

OH god where turning arma into FSX lmao.......... jk............

UPDATE:

mar_2MAW_V1.6

Fixed some major things. I added some nice stuff. I plan on reworking the textures, so the next update may take some time. I feel that I have worked out the bugs, but there may still be some. So please let me know what you think and if you have any troubles.

@victim913

I think I fixed the issue you were talking about. Please test and let me know. Thanks

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.6

--------------------

ADDED: Dampers to aircraft

SCALED: Canopy a little down to real life scale

FIXED: AI Landing gear issue (now retracts landing gear on takeoff, havent checked if it lowers on landing)

FIXED: Units not getting in

FIXED: landing crashes (doesnt damage as often)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.5

--------------------

FIXED: US Navy faction error

ADDED: PVS14 to pilot

**ADDED: Holster script (Thanks to Celery) (not working)

IMPROVED: HUD Compass texture and HUD display

FIXED: Flight Path Indicator and ILS

IMPROVED: F/A-18 unit picture

FOUND: Corrected something that removedAllWeapons from pilot.. I fixed it.

IMPROVED: The user actions.. check them out!

SOLVED: EJECTION FAIL issue (due to running ACE ejection )

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.4

--------------------

ADDED: Carrier Air wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

FIXED: useraction title "Lower Landing Gear" and "Retract Landing Gear"

FIXED: ERROR "pvs14.p3d not found"

ADDED: GEAR to Fighter Pilot

("Binocular_Vector","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","M9")

CHANGED: mar_pilot now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot

IMPROVED: mar_pilot addon, especially worked on helmet and rvmat.

ADDED: Pilot now has control of machine gun with crosshair (Thanks to Tasel)

FIXED: WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel) now optics include normal, nightvision, thermal white, thermal black.

ADDED: zoom levels to WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.3

--------------------

RESOLVED: TAILHOOK ISSUE - But I think there might be still two actions that pop up, but I dont think they are on

my part, because my useractions would be "Tailhook DOWN" and "Tailhook UP".

REMOVED "F-18" which was really F35B

FIXED Ejection error

FIXED not positively sure but hopefully fixed the multiplayer landing gear issue.

CHANGED now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

COMING SOON: Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.2

--------------------

FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck

REMOVED extra "gear up' and 'gear down" actions

FIXED Pilot View centered for all units

FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit

RESOLVED Scaling Issue - I checked the dimensions of the F/A-18F and the model is nearly perfect on scale.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.1

--------------------

* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now

TO DO List

------------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

* FIX LOD issue on USS Nimitz (MEDIUM)

* ADD FOLDED WINGS version (LOW)

* Change position of optics (MEDIUM)

Small bug: after disengaging the afterburner the option is gone. You need to cut and restart the engines midair to engage afterburner again.

The blue angels don't use super hornets :D

You may wanna give the FDF guys a poke for one.

Anyway...regarding this update:

The contact points look great :thumbsup:

However, I hate to go on this negative spree :( , but the canopy looked a lot better before (it was better overral somehow), it looks like someone flattened it a bit now.

I made a small flight and i believe the dampers have some issues, as they worked on the ground, but i took off and they didn't extend, flew a while and then when i lowered the gear, they were still in the "compressed" position.

Is there any way to change back the action menu system (i hate to keep banging on about this, but i just don't support it, i have to be honest)

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Small bug: after disengaging the afterburner the option is gone. You need to cut and restart the engines midair to engage afterburner again.

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed on next update... I actually forgot to fix that one!

The blue angels don't use super hornets :D

You may wanna give the FDF guys a poke for one.

Anyway...regarding this update:

The contact points look great :thumbsup:

However, I hate to go on this negative spree :( , but the canopy looked a lot better before (it was better overral somehow), it looks like someone flattened it a bit now.

I made a small flight and i believe the dampers have some issues, as they worked on the ground, but i took off and they didn't extend, flew a while and then when i lowered the gear, they were still in the "compressed" position.

Is there any way to change back the action menu system (i hate to keep banging on about this, but i just don't support it, i have to be honest)

The canopy I flattened a little because the cockpit is just a bit too roomy, but the scale of the plane is accurate. I lowered it right before I released so I did not have all the time to look at it. I will check it out and fix the known issues with the canopy.

Damper... I am new at this and would love to know how I can get them to hang when no weight on them. Anyone know how?

Action Menu is going to stay. Sorry. Maybe a little tweaking, but I like it and to be honest the actions that are there are non combative (for the most part) so they should not take away from combat skills.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to give a big THANKS to F2F_BHO for helping me out with the new textures I am cooking up. Will be on next update... and I am working hard on it so it may come soon. That is what happens when you are a Marine who has attention to detail plus OCD!

Action Menu is going to stay.

Okidoki, i'll just give it time to get used to it ;) Sorry for the excessive ranting.

New textures you say, do i sense a new squadron in the making?

Meatball can you remove the markers attached to the F-18? They are a bit annoying and jumping all over the place in MP.

yeah if you have multiple F18s on the map the marker hops between them and causes some desync/lag issues. Was fixed by a controlled det haha. Maybe just make it compatible with ACE/Blufor markers if possible?

Meatball can you remove the markers attached to the F-18? They are a bit annoying and jumping all over the place in MP.

They are jumping all over in multplayer????? Dont want that to happen :butbut: Count it as done.. removed next update :cool:

Okidoki, i'll just give it time to get used to it ;) Sorry for the excessive ranting.

New textures you say, do i sense a new squadron in the making?

maybe.... but making the textures more detailed. yes.

Here's a little look at the new textures. A little touch ups and she will be fine. I made some fixes and would like to check for any that I may have missed before next release. It is getting closer to the time that hopefully the updates wont be as frequent. Until then I thank you for sticking in there!

P.S. Missed the wire!!

_V7x_lTG4fE

Edited by Meatball0311

Bolter! Bolter! Bolter! Way too steep of an angle haha. Use the IFLOLS :D

Bolter! Bolter! Bolter! Way too steep of an angle haha. Use the IFLOLS :D

Hey bud! I hope you like that Navy F/A-18F.. because it's yours! Just wait unitil next release... got a little surprise. :)

Look at you go... AI can now get their gear up... looks so pretty! Good Job MeatBall... :)

Look at you go... AI can now get their gear up... looks so pretty! Good Job MeatBall... :)

Just wait until the next release.. I am really excited about it as the texture looks really improved! Thanks!

it says in v1.6 that you added dempers to the aircraft, well i thought you were talking about the dempers on the landing gear right? for a smoother landing something similar what the Typhoon has for RKSL? or am i wrong? cause when im landing i cant see any difference between V1.6 and the previous versions.

but anyway it looks awsome! having a lot of fun with it so far and cant wait untill the next update :D keep it up !

it says in v1.6 that you added dempers to the aircraft, well i thought you were talking about the dempers on the landing gear right? for a smoother landing something similar what the Typhoon has for RKSL? or am i wrong? cause when im landing i cant see any difference between V1.6 and the previous versions.

but anyway it looks awsome! having a lot of fun with it so far and cant wait untill the next update :D keep it up !

I am looking into that right now... I am having some difficulty with the dampers.

HMMMM... I dont know about that. I am not experiencing any problems with catapult launch. What other addons are you using?

HMMMM... I dont know about that. I am not experiencing any problems with catapult launch. What other addons are you using?

I was able to use UnitCapture/UnitPlay yesterday to have the AI launch off the Nimitz successfully.

I havent really tried out AI and the catapult yet, sorry misunderstoon your question.

Will work it out though and test.

Things are coming along nicely and should have an update real soon. I will relook over the issues and am trying to get them all patched up so there will be no need for these quick updates.

Everyone make sure you are using the latest version which is always up-to-date in my signature. Back to the testing ground....

I was only using Nimitz and Waves.

After a little testing I tried a few take off's from land as well. I think the dampeners have increased the take off distance.