Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Please create a ticket with details like repro steps, mission, and rpt.

That makes sense for larger groups. But it's only 2 of us that play MSO

Ahh, I see. Really the answer to this is to make it an optional feature per mission. Maybe a module or something to keep things simple?

Not every unit has the manpower to have dedicated pilots. Some of us have to use every person we have on the ground, and use a little imagination when it comes to transport and other support functions. I'd prefer if the pilot gear feature was made into a module, so that units can decide their own level of realism.

http://www.90thidpg.us/Reference/Manuals/FM%208-50%201940.pdf

I've been busy debunking various parts of ArmA II, from sound to mods, so of course the medic system in ACE got my attention. I looked around the internet until I finally found the official US Army field manual on medical equipment. I think it would be cool if you could bump up the realism for things like broken legs. There are actually splints and things you're supposed to use for that. Just putting a bandage on a guy's leg isn't going to make him walk, and besides, there are several things to treat bleeding. I also think player evaluation would be cool, and having to treat each wound separately. What I mean by player evaluation is, if you're treating a player, then you actually ask him, do you have pain, are you bleeding, or, in some cases, can you hear me? And if they're not awake, you should be able to evaluate bleeding and heart rate (another thing that's missing). If it's an AI, you should, again, not be able to get anything but bleeding and pulse if they're unconscious. What would really be cool, and maybe a little ambitious, is to implement some AI dialogue for it. Also it would be awesome if you put in water bottles, dehydration, and quicker exhaustion at altitude. Hope you use some of these ideas, thanks. :)

If someone broke his leg, nothing will make him walk other than a long (months?) recovery process at a hospital/home. Same goes for most other injuries.

Unfortunately, if you would use a realistic medical system, the only reward that can be given for proper medical treatment is some sort of score or other scripted solutions. IRL treating a wounded soldier doesn't do any good in terms of killing the enemy, you treat him because he's a human and usually your friend and him surviving is just as important to you as the enemy dying, even if his survival won't help your own survival at all. In-game a system like this will just result in nobody treating anybody (not to mention even IRL you are usually instructed to take care of the enemy threat first and only then attend the wounded, since a living enemy will just cause more injuries).

If you want maximum realism, just don't place any medics or medical gear in the missions. This will give you the most close-to-life injury system... Of course the gameplay quality when playing like that may vary.

http://www.90thidpg.us/Reference/Manuals/FM%208-50%201940.pdf

I've been busy debunking various parts of ArmA II, from sound to mods, so of course the medic system in ACE got my attention. I looked around the internet until I finally found the official US Army field manual on medical equipment. I think it would be cool if you could bump up the realism for things like broken legs. There are actually splints and things you're supposed to use for that. Just putting a bandage on a guy's leg isn't going to make him walk, and besides, there are several things to treat bleeding. I also think player evaluation would be cool, and having to treat each wound separately. What I mean by player evaluation is, if you're treating a player, then you actually ask him, do you have pain, are you bleeding, or, in some cases, can you hear me? And if they're not awake, you should be able to evaluate bleeding and heart rate (another thing that's missing). If it's an AI, you should, again, not be able to get anything but bleeding and pulse if they're unconscious. What would really be cool, and maybe a little ambitious, is to implement some AI dialogue for it. Also it would be awesome if you put in water bottles, dehydration, and quicker exhaustion at altitude. Hope you use some of these ideas, thanks. :)

Most you refer to is up to the mission maker.

Create a ticket per bug or feature request if you want us to look at anything http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Not every unit has the manpower to have dedicated pilots. Some of us have to use every person we have on the ground, and use a little imagination when it comes to transport and other support functions. I'd prefer if the pilot gear feature was made into a module, so that units can decide their own level of realism.

Let me ask you something:

If the vanilla game had offered this level of realism right from the start, how'd you argue then?

With a little more imagination you'll put your gear in the cargo space.

With some more of that, you'll modify anything you want, to your needs; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Modification :)

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Received some love for the "Performance Revolution" changes included with 1.12 RC2,

I suppose there are no issues so far (none reported on the tracker at least)?

In the mean time we've managed to improve the implementation here and there,

which is already available on SU by running Verify and Repair on the @CBA mod folder.

We've also converted more systems in ACE to make use of the caching, as some were not using macros that were augmented for caching yet :)

These will be available, and more, this Friday in RC3, hopefully the final RC for 1.12.

There are also still more performance and memory usage improvements planned for future versions.

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched everywhere and can not find a thing!

In Ace 2, HOW do you remove the name tags when you aim at a soldier? For example, every time I aim at someone in my squad, in white writing it comes up:

"Rifleman*"

or

"Machine gunner*"

etc.

I like making gameplay movies, and this really detracts from the immersion. I know it is very useful in multiplayer, but is there some way I can turn it off?

Thanks a lot! Ace 2 is an awesome mod, just trying to get it set up to my liking!

:)

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched everywhere and can not find a thing!

In Ace 2, HOW do you remove the name tags when you aim at a soldier? For example, every time I aim at someone in my squad, in white writing it comes up:

"Rifleman*"

or

"Machine gunner*"

etc.

I like making gameplay movies, and this really detracts from the immersion. I know it is very useful in multiplayer, but is there some way I can turn it off?

Thanks a lot! Ace 2 is an awesome mod, just trying to get it set up to my liking!

:)

Hit ESC, go to ACE Settings and disable it there. If ACE Clippi is running it will remember the setting between game restarts.

Thanks for the reply mate, but it does not work. The white name tag is still there when I aim at team mates.

I switched "group markers" to "off" in the ACE settings menu, is that the wrong option? Nothing else seemed relevant?

Please help, this is so frustrating!

Glad to hear!

So far no issues reported, that's even better :)

Received some love for the "Performance Revolution" changes included with 1.12 RC2,

I suppose there are no issues so far (none reported on the tracker at least)?

In the mean time we've managed to improve the implementation here and there,

which is already available on SU by running Verify and Repair on the @CBA mod folder.

We've also converted more systems in ACE to make use of the caching, as some were not using macros that were augmented for caching yet :)

These will be available, and more, this Friday in RC3, hopefully the final RC for 1.12.

There are also still more performance and memory usage improvements planned for future versions.

Does any one know if there is a vallon in ACE2 or some other form of metal detector, and if so what is the class name. Ive check all the usual places but they have came up with nothing so far.

Thanks very much thought i had looked through all of the configs etc, evidently not.

As far as I can tell ACE isn't loading anything anymore! We click Continue, we're at the map. We click Continue again we're in game. When we are supposed to get drinks and shower now??? This is too fast, please put it back the way it was. :)

Did you AceDev guys donated your wounding system to Poject Reality ones?

What is the name of the file where the script Laser target [ DESIGNATOR ON ] the Apache helicopter ?

As far as I can tell ACE isn't loading anything anymore! We click Continue, we're at the map. We click Continue again we're in game. When we are supposed to get drinks and shower now??? This is too fast, please put it back the way it was. :)

Hahaha :D :cool:

Did you AceDev guys donated your wounding system to Poject Reality ones?

Not that I nor anybody from ACE knows of.

Xeno

Hmm, didn't keep up with optimization progress ... Sickboy did u complete that "speed-up revolution" thingy? :)