Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Devs, how about... weekly updates! (Community poll inside)

Hi!

So I was wondering, because I´ve seen this done in a couple of other games as they´ve been developed, how about posting a weekly update of the dev process. Or just random photographs of research work. Sketches, charts, maps, small snippets of the mission design process, hints at the story, anything.

Because I felt this warranted a poll, I´ve added a poll.

And in case dev´s don´t want to do this (or maybe community doesn´t want this...), can we at least get a pointer as to when we´re going to see new stuff? I´m really interested in seeing the game develop as it progresses towards release, so I´d also like to hear what you´ve got planned instead of what I´m suggesting here.

I also hope I don´t come across as too demanding. :X I just think the game looks good, but I´m starved for more.

EDIT: Nevermind the poll hing, completely ticked the wrong options. OH WELL. Instead just post wether you say "yay! I wanna see more too" or "Nay! Let the devs work and release new stuff on their own time."

Edited by InstaGoat

*looks at the devs with big puppy eyes*

PWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEE

*looks at the devs with big puppy eyes*

PWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEE

This.

Think Puss in Boots from Shrek, but with five crates of beer stacked behind him.

^ Awesome :D

But the Czech arent light weights they can drink beer, more like 18 wheel gas tanker full of beer! :yay:

It would be awesome to have a weekly update I squeel like a little school girl when i hear news about Arma 3!

yay! I wanna see more too

seriously, some community exclusive footage would be top notch!

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

and regarding the beer, i think that would be like giving ice cubes to inuits... ;)

and regarding the beer, i think that would be like giving ice cubes to inuits... ;)

You think BIS has theyr own Brewery?

You think BIS has theyr own Brewery?

51ZYVeJs5nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Community exclusive screenshots? Yes please. It would make the wait so much less painful :cool:

This would be great.

Even the smallest bits of info or a few pics here and there will help the long hours of waiting... (I am sitting here doing nothing while I wait for A3)

I agree with this . I doesn't even have to be weekly . 3 times a month will suffice :D .

Too far away to present something concrete. They must save stuff for the last 6-4 month before release, otherwise will be no surprise factor.

Besides that, see stuff from a game 1 year away would slowly kill me inside.....

As I always tell my bosses, "would you rather me finish this project or keep telling you that my project isn't done yet since I keep having spend time telling you why my project isn't done yet".

"would you rather me finish this project or keep telling you that my project isn't done yet since I keep having spend time telling you why my project isn't done yet".

this.

As I always tell my bosses, "would you rather me finish this project or keep telling you that my project isn't done yet since I keep having spend time telling you why my project isn't done yet".

this also. More beer for the rest of us and Arma 3 arrives quicker. Everybody wins.

It's called hype. I'd love daily pictures and videos on arma3, but the excitement would wear off.

You know that BIS have a PR department right?

Jan P.

Very true and certainly don't want that to happen.

I don't think we're asking for special presentations but maybe they can post a few pictures once in a while from their testing.

I'm genuinely interested in the process so just a very simple blog entry each week would be great. eg. Just to say, 'This week working on AI'

I know it won't change often but would be interesting none the less.

Wolfire do a good job at weekly videos/blogs. Just a quick heads up, what they are doing. They even get suggestions and may be change a few bits and bats before the final product.

Too early for weekly updates lol they would have shown the full game in 3 months then lol

Apparently a watched pot never boils...

Just want to forget about it until a month before release date..

Tell that to that pot I watched boil. :cool:

Is "watched boil" the new hip way of saying "smoked"? :D

Btw. @Zipper5 - love the pic. ;)

Maybe the best choice would be to ask for a new Arma 3 exclusive Dev Blog.

It should not focus on the game itself(therefore not revealing too much of the game yet), but rather on the process of its developpement.

I think many of us would love to see some of the footage the 10 BIS members took at Limnoss or just some random or funny stuff that happened in the office.

Remember the TOH fastrope picture? Something like this is a good idea! ;)