soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

soul assasin very nice m109 but can u please add artilery computer on the map options also coz its not higly accurate and everytime u need to fire u need to adjust cordinates and it takes time and it gets boring i think it will b easier that way and the plp will choose one click on map or the fps system

Typing in 6 numbers and and another 4 for the altitude and pressing a few buttons is too hard?

No, the artillery computer will not be added to this.

;1964194'] I guess the Artillery Computer is made for the more simple player... :D

Boy you ain't kidding... :rolleyes:

Edited by NouberNou

Typing in 6 numbers and and another 4 for the altitude and pressing a few buttons is too hard?

No, the artillery computer will not be added to this.

I do have a question, I love the add-on but you say in the manual you can put 6 or more coordinations into the target grid input field, how would you enable a more advance grid to be able to be more accurate?

Edit/ To many young people trying to play a SIMULATOR and get by the real to life stuff. I personally LOVE it.

I do have a question, I love the add-on but you say in the manual you can put 6 or more coordinations into the target grid input field, how would you enable a more advance grid to be able to be more accurate?

Sub divide the grid square? It is very easy to derive a 8 digit grid from a 6 digit grid, just imagine a 10x10 grid in the square.

On maps where the northing is reversed then you have to remember to also imagine the grid going down in numbers not up, like you would on a normal map.

Unless you are firing excalibur on a pin-point target most times a 8 digit is going to be far enough accurate.

If you are running with ACE then using the map tools makes this process even easier. :)

Oh that's just poetical right there thanks for backing me up with that reply post Raafatah64

@NouberNou I could'nt of timed that post any better eh? :D

M109 = Beautiful toyed around with it for about 2 1/2 hours and destroyed just about everything on Takistan, except... a UH-60 missed around 20 times.

Okay I need to post. Just wanted to say this is the best addon I've ever downloaded for this game. Seriously, great work guys.

After playingwith this for about 3 hours last night... I've discovered I'm a worryingly poor shot with artillery or extremely good at scorched earth .... one of the two.... Great addon looks forward to seing it completed! Bloody outstanding... How difficult would it be to add a similar system to other vehicles?

One thing I noticed is that the rounds dont really hit the ground in a circular area of effect.. I fired about five HEAT rounds in a row and they pretty much hit 2 different spots constantly..

After playingwith this for about 3 hours last night... I've discovered I'm a worryingly poor shot with artillery or extremely good at scorched earth .... one of the two.... Great addon looks forward to seing it completed! Bloody outstanding... How difficult would it be to add a similar system to other vehicles?

One thing I noticed is that the rounds dont really hit the ground in a circular area of effect.. I fired about five HEAT rounds in a row and they pretty much hit 2 different spots constantly..

Don't forget that after firing most of the time the barrel isn't facing the mission direction and elevation anymore, need to relay.

How difficult would it be to add a similar system to other vehicles?

Depbo and see the amount of scripting Nou had to embark on... I imagine you won't see things like this that often. :p

Anyone got feedback on the manual? Any issues you've come up against? If so I can make sure they are rectified for the next version.

I gotta say the manual was most excellent... Havent finished reading everyhthin (Just browsed over the odd bit... The start was quite humorous.. Well laid out and imformative... And the quality is brilliant... Feels like a genuine palladin booklet.)

No about the hits in a row.. what I'm saying is I would have expected it to hit randomly in a circular area.. But my 5 shots only varied between two points near enough spot on...

Maybe add some more info on the different fuzes in the manual, somethig like this maybe?:

Timed

Timed fuzes are the oldest variation of the artillery fuze. Formerly consisting of a burning strand of material, timed fuzes are now much more precise and are controlled with a highly accurate digital clock. Use of a timed fuze requires proper calculation to explode at the intended site--a problem aided by the modern use of microprocessors.

Impact

Impact fuzes are the standard fuze type for high explosives. Generally placed at the rear of the shell, an electrical signal sets off this fuze upon impact with an object. As the nosecone collides with the target, an electrical circuit is completed either by nose deformation or a digital switch, causing detonation.

Delay

A subset of impact fuzes, delay fuzes do not detonate until a set amount of time after impact. This allows for added penetration through armor, as the mechanical force of the shell can pierce the hull of the target before the explosion detonates, allowing maximum interior destruction.

Proximity

Shells with radio or laser-controlled fuzes measure the distance to a target and detonate at a set range, allowing for detonation before impact. Midair explosions can maximize an effected area, and are often used for anti-personnel and non-penetrating weapons.

eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5808912_fuses-used-artillery_.html#ixzz1QBmMdeek

Will there be an option to adjust fuze values in the future version?

And what are the current fuze values set at, like delay time and proximity detonation hight?

A FAASV for resupplying ammo out in the field could also be a cool addition to this mod :)

The manual should perhaps mention the approximate duration of illum rounds (~1m53, so refresh every 1m50) and wp smoke rounds.

That is, except some of the illum rounds that hit the ground (in particular, opened very low) seem to be perpetual, and lasted at least 8 minutes so far. Can't reproduce at will, though.

(And the infinite ammo bug I mentioned earlier. Nou's department, I guess.)

Edited by MaHuJa_

The manual should perhaps mention the approximate duration of illum rounds (~1m53, so refresh every 1m50) and wp smoke rounds.

That is, except some of the illum rounds that hit the ground (in particular, opened very low) seem to be perpetual, and lasted at least 5 minutes so far.

(And the infinite ammo bug I mentioned earlier. Nou's department, I guess.)

Hey,

It's hard to mention the light time as it depends purely on the trajectory of the round. I will note it down anyway and perhaps add a new page mentioning some more information about the rounds in terms of gameplay.

As for the infinite ammo bug, that is a simple solution as the roundtype needs to be changed upon being 0, I'm sure Nou has already fixed it.

Hope you're enjoying it anyway,

Rob

entering numbers to the computer is good and realistic but every time u need to hit something press the map take coordinates and input them its pain in the ass everytime but i do love the work dont get me wrong and i appreciate the hard work u guys did just hoped that you guys have added also a simple way also like the artilery computer in the addon anywaz hope u guys make more videos about the m109 thank you and thank you guys for all who worked on this lovely addon

Thank you very much for releasing this extremely well done monster to us. :ok:

It's very fun to have to learn something new as some of the values is totally chinese to me so far. :D

Thanks!!

entering numbers to the computer is good and realistic but every time u need to hit something press the map take coordinates and input them its pain in the ass everytime but i do love the work dont get me wrong and i appreciate the hard work u guys did just hoped that you guys have added also a simple way also like the artilery computer in the addon anywaz hope u guys make more videos about the m109 thank you and thank you guys for all who worked on this lovely addon

But wouldn't you agree having the artillery computer added would take all the fun out of it? Press click and fire is way to casual and is aimed at the players who aren't willing to learn.... :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]
grammar... :P

yes your probably wright viper people will choose the easy way and it will take all the fun from the computer guidance system coz one click on the map and its done hope someone will make more detailed videos soon also and again thank you all who worked on this lovey project

This is helluva fun! Takes a bit of practise but in the end when it all works its pure greatness. :)

I was wondering something and pardon me for not have read the whole thread, but would it be possible to add the BIS function of ordering AI artillery to fire at a map location? You know this one: put yourself as leader on the map, add an AI MLRS for example and group with you (the leader). Now you get an action to tell the MLRS to fire anywhere you click on the map. If the distance is too short the MLRS will tell you it cant fire etc. Maybe the Paladin can do this already just i did some mistake?

Anyway, great fun guys. Messing with the fuse time for WP atm. Bit hard to learn how to be accurate, but its super fun to do all the testing. :)

Technically this Paladin is harder to use in targeting than the real life one. In the real life Paladin you do not even get to set the target, it is transmitted via digital radio and fed into the AFCS. You just press the lay button and it calculates and lays for you, then tells you any special fuze settings and the round type requested by higher.

:p

(btw this is how it will probably work in ACE, using the BCS to send missions to Paladins in the field).

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

This is helluva fun! Takes a bit of practise but in the end when it all works its pure greatness. :)

I was wondering something and pardon me for not have read the whole thread, but would it be possible to add the BIS function of ordering AI artillery to fire at a map location? You know this one: put yourself as leader on the map, add an AI MLRS for example and group with you (the leader). Now you get an action to tell the MLRS to fire anywhere you click on the map. If the distance is too short the MLRS will tell you it cant fire etc. Maybe the Paladin can do this already just i did some mistake?

Anyway, great fun guys. Messing with the fuse time for WP atm. Bit hard to learn how to be accurate, but its super fun to do all the testing. :)

AI API and functionality will be coming in the next update, probably in a few weeks. :) If anyone remembers CoC UA, I hope to take some inspiration from that. :)

(btw this is how it will probably work in ACE, using the BCS to send missions to Paladins in the field).

Ah nice! so does that mean it wont be as extensive as the procedure used with the M119?

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

next objectif for you Noubernou redone the mlrs system ! i remember CoC UA with tomahawks. anyway very good addons need some correction but really cool !

;1965022']Ah nice! so does that mean it wont be as extensive as the procedure used with the M119?

No, it will be really easy, but I will also allow people to fire it manually with out using the AFCS.

Prior to the Paladin, the M109 could only fire using a collimator/aiming stakes! :D

The Paladin still retains this ability, and I will probably allow the AFCS to be damaged and disabled, so crews should learn how to do both.

That's great news, cant wait for the next update/ ACE update. Keep it up Nou :)

Awesome work. I believe this is the best looking paint job I have ever seen. The way you "painted" it and the dirt and grime looks great. It's not just dirty like every other addon, it's dirty and greasy and rusty for a reason. It looks real the way you have the grime running down the sides and everywhere. Again, I can't think of another addon that looks that realistic.

The vehicle itself looks bad ass. It makes me want to put it in missions just to look at. Once I figure out how to use it, then it will be very good. I know you made alot of buttons like "prone" etc to be used to do things in the vehicle, so it will take me a minute to figure it out. But I would assume you would use some of the normal controls too. I can't get the machine gun on top to fire, or actually grab. The commander just leans over without doing anything. I would assume the normal controls would work for it though. Using the 0 or left click or middle mouse scroll, or whatever people have set up to normally get the MG to work.

I'll have to dig in through the read me a little furher. You have so much info in the readme to make it more realistic, but i'm not sure what is there for the game and what I am reading for the "mood", "baking contaminated soldiers to 400 degrees" if something leaks. Does it leak in game?

Excellent work,

p.s. Looking at what some people have said, I hope that it can be used in both realms, realistic and easy. I see people say they have to learn a bunch of stuff to use it. That's cool for people who like realism, but I hope there is also a way for dummies to use it too. It's your work and you can do what you want, but not everyone wants that level of realism. Some of us want to just get in and play without having to do homework in order to use it. Since the game is set up to just play, I hope you can at least set up some kind of option. It would suck to have such a good addon, but not be able to use it because we don't have time to be realistic.

At least a way for AI to know what to do if I put the in it.

victim913 that is my wish plsss let it be easy mod and hard mod for both people who wants realism and for people who wants it easy i hope u guys consider that option plss on the next update if u can add it