soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

Just gave it a quick spin, i liked the manual gun adjusting in the gunner seat, made it easier to adjust the shot location ;)

All i need now it to wait a little while longer for what i've requested and i'll be a very happy, one-man-artillery-team :D

EDIT: Also, i would've sworn the gun sound level is lower, is this true or i'm imagining it?

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Just gave it a quick spin, i liked the manual gun adjusting in the gunner seat, made it easier to adjust the shot location ;)

If that is easier, you have a funny idea of easy. :p

Also yes, the charge 1 sound has been changed, but I don't think anything else has.

Well, ballistics are on your side using that manual adjusting: if the shot is forwards of where it should, give the barrell a small nudge upwards and you're there :]

Ahh okidoki, makes sense that a less powerfull charge would make less noise.

Well, ballistics are on your side using that manual adjusting: if the shot is forwards of where it should, give the barrell a small nudge upwards and you're there :]

I guess that works if you are blind firing alone, but if you have an observer the AFCS is your best friend because it automatically does all the math to translate what he is seeing to what the gun should be moving to. :)

I guess i'll give that a go for the small adjustments instead of, as you pointed out correctly, "blind firing alone". :D

I guess i'll give that a go for the small adjustments instead of, as you pointed out correctly, "blind firing alone". :D

Sound has only been swapped, the mid charge sound was actually the low charge sound, and vice versa, they should increase in loudness the further you go up now per 2 bracket.

You should hear a difference in the driving sound though hopefully, and she's a bit louder in idle.

Thanks for the update guys.

Ive learnt how to use it - kinda. Knowing what charge is needed without looking at the flight time is what i need to learn now. At least i can hit right on target. :)

Sound has only been swapped, the mid charge sound was actually the low charge sound, and vice versa, they should increase in loudness the further you go up now per 2 bracket.

You should hear a difference in the driving sound though hopefully, and she's a bit louder in idle.

Yup, gave it a go and yes, the firing sound depends on the charge as you said, as well as the driving and idle being a bit louder, which is nice :)

guys why did u had to change the sound the sound b4 the update was the best and more realistic now its soo low and not powerful like the m109 hope u put back the old sounds coz they sound better

guys why did u had to change the sound the sound b4 the update was the best and more realistic now its soo low and not powerful like the m109 hope u put back the old sounds coz they sound better

Sound hasn't been changed... They've been swapped. Charge 1-2 have been swapped with charge 3-4 sounds as I mixed them up in the original release.

Also if you search for the paladin the low charges are actually quite quiet. It's just like a medium sounding bang in real life.

thanx rexehuk now i get it every charge has its own power and sound but does the AI work this time with the update if it does how thanx

I can set a co-ordinate and altitude ok, but my hits seem to be a grid box away from target, when i launch a standard HE round.. I use takistan map too and its the updated paladin version.. any help please?.. :)

Other than that, this is a beast of a toy!

I can set a co-ordinate and altitude ok, but my hits seem to be a grid box away from target, when i launch a standard HE round.. I use takistan map too and its the updated paladin version.. any help please?.. :)

Try using a smaller grid reference (8 or 10 digit). Normal ballistic rounds have quite a big CEP, if you REALLY need to hit something 100% you want to be using an excalibur round.

Like Rexehuk said use 8 digits. If the square is 042-096 then at the bottom left is 0420-0960. So to aim at the bottom left corner but one nudge into the box its 0421-0961. In the middle of that particular box is therefor 0425-0965.

This way youll hit a car with no probs. :)

Thanks guys, i'll have a goose at it later on.. no matter how many times i miss, this thing is still addictave!.. :)

often times you arent going to hit RIGHT on target, but it should be within the lethal range of the HE rounds. If the target is over a wider area use DPICM, as it is much more effective per shell.

Correct me if Im wrong but this addon cant be used in maps like Fallujah or Lingor. It only works with some maps like Takistan etc.

I cant target anything in the first two maps mentioned above.

Correct me if Im wrong but this addon cant be used in maps like Fallujah or Lingor. It only works with some maps like Takistan etc.

I cant target anything in the first two maps mentioned above.

Can't do much if map makers don't follow a set standard like takistan. Suggest you make a patch or push for authors of the map to use the proper grid systems.

If users really request it... we could patch with this addon, but its not really viable.

I think Lingor and Fallujah are fine.

The only time the AFCS gets confused is if one of the corners doesnt start at 0, either going up or down, or the grids are not based on powers of 10 in size and numbering.

if one of the corners doesnt start at 0

Aren't these offsets available from the world config so it can be accounted for? Reversed northing should also be possible to obtain I guess, but the problem there tend to be user confusion.

For things like CWR, I would prefer an additional gridfix.pbo that I could use when not doing the campaign, as the campaign has many references (including voiced) using the letter format.