soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

I would like to see the manual list the approximate unit prices for the various shells, if you can find that out. In particular, I think mission editors can benefit from this; knowing something about what the shells cost, they may be able to make somewhat more reasonable choices for what shells to include. (Presuming they aren't just going for the rule of cool in the first place.)

... unit cost? Javelin's cost about $80,000 a piece, launcher an additional $140,000, do you limit those in missions due to cost as well? :)

Only the Excalibur round would really be cost prohibitive I think and there's only 2 of those in each vehicle and you can only get them by spawning them as there's no ammo crates for them. (btw, again, ammo crates for this thing are a work of beauty!)

Given the level of detail in the wonderful manual it would be kinda cool to know this information though. Each time you blow up a $6,000,000 tank or blow away $10,000,000 worth of trained soldiers for a $1500 shell you might smile a bit more.

next update will complete the rounds. Along with new ammo types we will update to have all the FAPPs available through the editor + copperhead and excalibur cases (they are transported one round per case)

... unit cost? Javelin's cost about $80,000 a piece, launcher an additional $140,000, do you limit those in missions due to cost as well? :)

Only the Excalibur round would really be cost prohibitive I think and there's only 2 of those in each vehicle and you can only get them by spawning them as there's no ammo crates for them. (btw, again, ammo crates for this thing are a work of beauty!)

Given the level of detail in the wonderful manual it would be kinda cool to know this information though. Each time you blow up a $6,000,000 tank or blow away $10,000,000 worth of trained soldiers for a $1500 shell you might smile a bit more.

SADARM, DPICM, and Copperhead would also be expensive. Realistically though DPICM is produced in enough bulk that its not a concern.

But yea, SADARM and Excal and CLGP (copperhead) are fairly expensive (lower production runs).

I have found some unit costs. The M795 HE round runs roughly 700-800$ including fuze. That is about 100x less expensive than an Excal round. :p

The military spends that money for a reason. When that reason applies to a specific mission, you use it.

or blow away $10,000,000 worth of trained soldiers for a $1500 shell you might smile a bit more.

I usually add the future value generation the dead soldiers will no longer make. Suddenly, the cost of war becomes astronomical - you thought the military spending on war was bad? By that scale, that number is pretty much cutting off a hand or two.

Was the Paladin supposed to be in the last ACE version 1.11?

Was the Paladin supposed to be in the last ACE version 1.11?

No pretty sure the guys said it would not feature in this release of ACE, but will come in a later version.

The addon is fully ACE compatible. The one that will be integrated in ACE will be an ACE exclusive system with much more realistic procedures. So it will take time.

The addon is fully ACE compatible. The one that will be integrated in ACE will be an ACE exclusive system with much more realistic procedures. So it will take time.

Will that include polar plot corrections hopefully? :)

Nou will correct me if I'm wrong but it's already possible to do polar plot corrections in 1.1.

Yes, you are able to do that... It is the 4 fields on the lower right side of the display. ;)

You can also do initial polar plots by inputting the observers location and altitude as the target and doing an initial adjustment. You can do the same thing for shift from known points.

In ACE the system will tie in to the current BCS (battery computer system), which includes polar and shift missions, as well as storing observer locations and known points during the mission. It will also communicate "digitally" with the Paladins in the battery, sending them the grid for adjustments and other things, making the Paladin even easier to use. ;)

Is there any obvious reason why a resumed save (on Sbrodj) would result in the M109A6's timed fuses not working on any round types?

Is there any obvious reason why a resumed save (on Sbrodj) would result in the M109A6's timed fuses not working on any round types?

At the moment saved games are not supported.

I expect it has everything to do with how the various time variables work in the game engine. I know the "time" command gets messed with as it loads a savegame. I don't remember what exactly it did, and I don't know exactly how the paladin uses it.

In a similar vein, I have observed that as the mission keeps running, (24 hours in the case I tested) the time fuzes get inaccurate. It's a rounding error with some similarity to the one seen in the patriot missiles. http://www.ima.umn.edu/~arnold/455.f96/disasters.html

Reported, and nou was going to make a change that will probably fix (at least very strongly mitigate) it in the next release. It's worth testing if the fix also affects the savegame time fuzes.

The problem with save games is that the loop/PFH dont come back up that run code like the fuzes. I might look into this some today, but no guarantees.

Be aware that the current ACE update from today, as of right now, will break the Paladin (as well as a number of other things the rely on correct grid offsets in map configs)!!!

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

This issue has been patched on Six Updater for ACE. :)

Coolio, just noticed the PRACS mod has the M109A3 with rotatable turret and artillery computer...... meh :cool:

;1987623']Coolio' date=' just noticed the PRACS mod has the M109A3 with rotatable turret and artillery computer...... meh :cool:[/quote']

I believe PRACS uses Vilas' M109 and not this one.

I believe PRACS uses Vilas' M109 and not this one.

Yes, I believe that is true...

Possible Names for future release of vehicle: Bam Bam, Boom Stick,Mean Machine,Big Bertha,God Of War,Thumper and Thor

Either way this one is in a whole different league :-)

@F2F_BHO

You forgot...... Goliath, Oblivion, Titan, Boomer, Death Splasher (Splash of Death), Widow Maker...... meh there's many :cool:

Given that UO has deployed a newer version of the addon, which includes the new FAPPs, rounds and so on, I guess we're only waiting for the documentation before 1.2 is released here?