soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

Is there a fule bug or am i just to stupid to get the thing to roll after a fired run?

KNOWN ISSUES

3. Sometimes disengaging driver lock does not return the fuel.

I've been unable to reproduce this in single player... yet someone else in my group has it everytime he uses the paladin in single player when using the spades.

I'm sure we'll figure out why soon enough and push an update.

Best solution for now is to not use the spade system if you plan on moving about, you'll just have to ensure your gun is re-laid so that is doesn't gradually wander off the solution.

I've been unable to reproduce this in single player... yet someone else in my group has it everytime he uses the paladin in single player when using the spades.

I'm sure we'll figure out why soon enough and push an update.

Best solution for now is to not use the spade system if you plan on moving about, you'll just have to ensure your gun is re-laid so that is doesn't gradually wander off the solution.

Ahhh, well yeh, i get it every time i try it out... Will do some more tests!

Is there any information you need from me?

Turns out i'm an idiot forgeting about how i SHOULD'VE posted my findings here and not in the WIP thread, so i wrote all of that there when i should've done it here. :P

As promised, here's my quick overview of it.

DL it, put it in, set up a small scenario en editor to try it out.

No missing stuff errors, which is great, and the overral outer aspect is pretty cool

So i tried out using the FCS, and i have to have to say i rather like it, much more interesting than the arty module, and as a result i instantly got my head round it and delivered a round right where i wanted it. yay!

However, there was an issue. Since i did the whole thing alone, so firstly driving, then locking it, then commander and finnaly gunner, it kept on adding actions as if it was on a loop (kinda reminds me when i tried adding the mv22 missing animation actions, kept on repeating itself)

So for instance, after i had deployed the spades, went to commander and set up coordinates, round and stuff, and then loading it as gunner, firing, clear the fcs and went to driver i had 3 times the unlock action, if i was in cmdr: 3 fcs and in gunner:3 gunner interface :/ , added to that even if i unlocked it, it wouldn't move at all with the spades retracted, as the fuel did not come back.

I suppose it could be because i was doing it all alone, and it kept on following my position and provoking that, but i hope you guys can sort this out please. If i need to further specify exactly what i did don't hesitate in asking

More info:

Have tried simpler operations, still not being able to drive away after a succesfull firemission. Also, the FCS doesn't seem to like maps with letter and number coordinates, it can't compute those, still trying to get that to work though.

Even more info:

Yup, the whole not being able to move away after firing is down to the FCS / commander thing, as i'm able to drive some, stop, lock, go to gunner and randomly shoot some rounds, and then go back to driver, unlock and i'm free to move again

Can't get the coordinate thing to work on maps made with coordinates like this though : bc23

Will edit as i continue testing it.

Edit 3:

Good news! Got a way to stop it not letting me move away. As a driver, i don't use the spade system. I go in the FCS, target my intended location and it automatically drops the spades. Best thing, after i fire and lock the gun, and go in the driver, it finaly let's me move. Goodie!

Edit 4:

For some reason my idea went south. Tried it out again and didn't work anymore.

Edit 5:

Hope this isn't getting boring, but at least i hope the M109 devs are watching this and i'm not doing this for nothing :/

Got it to work again, basically the procedure goes, driver, cmdr + fcs, then gunner, fire, go to driver, restart engine and unlock spades, go to cmdr and clear / lock gun. plus. it seems that my multiple action showing up problem was caused by me using a foward obsever that i controlled at the same time period as the m109, somehow causing it to multiply the actions. If i do all of the calculating before without returning to the FO, i get no addtional actions.

Edit 6:

Did some more firing tests, i'm quite happy right now with my solo driving/programming/loading/firing procedure, i'll write it down so i don't forget it

Only thing i do need to figure out is how i'll be able to use this great piece of kit on maps with non standard coordinate systems.

Bring on the woodland version xD

Sorry the lenghty post, i had been testing it for a while. Please ignore the one in the WIP thread then.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

What maps are you using that use fubared grid systems? I don't think it's in the scope of the addon to cater for them, as they are non-standard.

What I can do is provide ways to patch the maps you use and convert to a numbered coordinate system.

If this applies to CAA maps for example, I have the patches already as part of my CAA rework.

The maps i have and regularly use with letters in the coordinates are:

GNT Sands

CWR2 Desert island (version i have is the previous one, 1.1 i think)

GNT waves

I cant for the life of me (even after reading the manual) unlock the gun to be traversed.

I cant for the life of me (even after reading the manual) unlock the gun to be traversed.

Have you entered all information into the FCS? It cant be turned like the turret of a tank :p

Have you entered all information into the FCS? It cant be turned like the turret of a tank

-slaps wrist- no :D will try, thanks Viper ;)

If you are using a map that has non-standard grids then the FCS will NOT work. This is something we can not compensate for. Please, PLEASE, be vocal to the map makers about this. These are errors in their map! They are not properly configured to ArmA2 standards.

As long as the grid system is based off a powers of 10, the northings (the numbers on the sides of the map) start at 0 (either at the top or the bottom, if they start at like 25 and go to 35, or vica versa then its BAD) and the eastings (that is the numbers on the bottom and top of the map) are in powers of 10 as well, then it works.

Basically if their grids are not like default chernarus or default takistan then they have done something wrong with their grid configurations!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

That being said about proper maps, we use a number of custom maps at UO. In an attempt to standardize them I have written the proper configs. They are below. If you see one of your maps on there, feel free to use it.

class CfgPatches {
class umods_c_mapgrids {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.01;
	requiredAddons[] = { "CAUI", "FDF_Isle1_a", "Tropica", "act_kulima", "MBG_Celle", "Thirsk", "ThirskW", "sap_everon", "fallujah_v1_0", "spritzisland", 
	"ibr_panthera2" };
};
};
#define __GRIDS(__ZOOM) \
		class Zoom1 {\
			zoomMax = 0.00001;\
			format = "XY";\
			formatX = "00000";\
			formatY = "00000";\
			stepX = 1;\
			stepY = -1;\
		};\
		class Zoom2 {\
			zoomMax = 0.0001;\
			format = "XY";\
			formatX = "0000";\
			formatY = "0000";\
			stepX = 10;\
			stepY = -10;\
		};\
		class Zoom3 {\
			zoomMax = __ZOOM;\
			format = "XY";\
			formatX = "000";\
			formatY = "000";\
			stepX = 100;\
			stepY = -100;\
		};\
		class Zoom4 {\
			zoomMax = 1;\
			format = "XY";\
			formatX = "00";\
			formatY = "00";\
			stepX = 1000;\
			stepY = -1000;\
		};

class CfgWorlds {
class DefaultWorld;
class CAWorld : DefaultWorld {
	class Grid {};
};

class FDF_Isle1_a : CAWorld {
	class Grid : Grid {
		offsetY = 20480;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.075)
	};
};

class tropica : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 20480;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.075)
	};
};

class kulima : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 5120;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.36298)
	};
};

class Celle : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 10240;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.199208)
	};
};

class Thirsk : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 5120;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.36298)
	};
};

class ThirskW : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 5120;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.36298)
	};
};

class eden : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 12800;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.138982)
	};
};

class fallujah : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 10240;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.185)
	};
};

class spritzisland : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 10240;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.198)
	};
};

class Panthera2 : CAWorld {
		offsetY = 10240;
		offsetX = 0;
		__GRIDS(0.1566)
	};
};
};

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

If you are experiencing a failure to drive the gun platform make sure of the following:

1. You have gone to the drivers seat and made sure to disengage the drivers lock, if the driver is AI you can also stow the gun, and this should make the drivers lock disengage if the drivers seat is empty or there is AI in it.
  2. Make sure when laying the gun to not get out of the gun before the gun has unstowed itself and began to lay on to the target. There is a bug where if you get out of the gun before the travel lock is disengaged it then it could lose its fuel status and be unable to disengage the drivers lock in the future!

On the whole unability to use the M109A6 on said maps, one could clearly see how its f'ed up when your entering coordinates for a target placed NW of you and the gun goes WSW of you :D

As for the wierd locking fuel bugs i've managed a little scheme for myself so i never get that :)

wow reading the manual now this is gonna take the game to a whole new level

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and can you make a woodland version plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you unlock the gun so that you can freely move it around? Couldn't find that in manual.

You couldn't find it because its not there!!! its not a tank, use the FCS :p

i tryed to type in the exact same from the takistand video on the runway but my gun dossent unlock eighther and the calc dossent start what could be wrong ?

i tryed to type in the exact same from the takistand video on the runway but my gun dossent unlock eighther and the calc dossent start what could be wrong ?

What does its say at the bottom of the AFCS screen?

You put in the grid, you put in the altitude, make sure you have a number in the round count field, press the ENT button, wait for a solution to appear in the box on the screen in the right hand side, then press lay.

;1963087']You couldn't find it because its not there!!! its not a tank' date=' use the FCS :p[/quote']

Ok, but doesn't the gun have to unlock first? I mean, I can't shoot at any given coordinates without the gun being unlocked. So, where in the FCS do I click for it to unlock? Or what action do I have to do?

Ok, but doesn't the gun have to unlock first? I mean, I can't shoot at any given coordinates without the gun being unlocked. So, where in the FCS do I click for it to unlock? Or what action do I have to do?

Read the manual, it tells you everything. Put coords into FCS, press Enter. Which will setup the gun FOR you. From there on you READ THE MANUAL. :P

Btw, amazing job. Read the manual top to bottom, feel like I'm playing Silent Hunter for tanks :D

B0gHp2J5TyQ

You are shooting at something really close! :P Try choosing a different solution using the up and down arrow keys on the FCS display. If there is no other solution and you have a hill in the way, then you can't hit the target. :p

Just guessing, but I am pretty sure you will only have that ultra low angle solution available... Essentially that target is inside its minimum range with that terrain obstruction. ;)

B0gHp2J5TyQ

ge3SwSpaWAk

Maybe this will help you, I made this just now. It's quick but it might help.

And Soul Assassin if you don't want me to have this video up just say the word I'll take it down :)

Maybe this will help you, I made this just now. It's quick but it might help.

And Soul Assassin if you don't want me to have this video up just say the word I'll take it down :)

Video is fine, glad to see you got it all working. :yay:

I recommend trying some ADAM shells, they are pretty nice.

All classnames can be found at the end of the manual before the credits, how to add them is also there for you guys.

Hey mate, awesome work. I gave this a quick run this evening and found one minor bug:

- Commander's M2 is inoperable.

Internet-Troll.jpg

Video is fine, glad to see you got it all working. :yay:

I recommend trying some ADAM shells, they are pretty nice.

All classnames can be found at the end of the manual before the credits, how to add them is also there for you guys.

Just tried those rounds out... VERY nice, to bad they explode on friendlies to :p