soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

Oh and before this ets asked a thousand times: yes, it will also be in ACE with an even more hardcore fire mission procedure.

Nou brought it to my attention that we unintentionally brought it out on OFP bday :) Happy bday OFP!

Edited by Soul_Assassin

dunno if this has been mentioned, but when your in commander position and you "turn out" there is some black shadow/lod whatever bug around the player. you cant miss it!

Thanks for release anyways, been waiting a long time for this.

Amazing work! A big thank you to those involved in this mod. Fantastic details in the model, the fire systems and even the manual/documentation.

@BlackDynamite

The manual says: "DO NOT chamber ammunition until immediately before firing.

Ammunition left too long in a hot weapon may result in hazardous conditions. Fire or remove ammunition within 5 minutes of chambering."

Maybe that's got something to do with it?

That may have been true for 1 out of the 3 times it happened to me. However, one of the times was before I had even chambered a round. I was in the FCS.

Oh i'm with the guy that asked for a Soviet counterpart...

Damn community,never completely satisfied! :p

Can't wait for its impementation in ACE

Oh i'm with the guy that asked for a Soviet counterpart...

Damn community,never completely satisfied! :p

Can't wait for its impementation in ACE

Just so you know at present, the mod is fully compatible with ACE, atleast in tests I've been doing with it.

The mod will automatically use the ACE cba system etc if available, so you can enjoy this as a standalone until the time it's integrated.

Love it! Fantastic work! Will test it more tonight, just three things i noticed:

* when turning out as commander you should be able to use binoculares.

* im sure its accurate, but the tank seems small, from my view it could be 1/3 bigger...

* when doing a full stop and switching place from driver to commander, the gas runs out...

Nice model but i'm to stupid to use it.

Do I have to switch positions from commander to gunner to fire the mission? Or am i able to give him the order? Can't find it in the manual. FCS works, all ok but don't now how to fire.

Is there an easy way to determine the target grid without the forward observer.

Is the M2 not useable at this moment? Cannot fire it.

Awesome work fella's, I liked the CPT. SPARROW Decal added to the turret aswell :p

Edit:

Whether intentional or not I cant engage the driver lock unless the driver gets back in and out, until he does that all other options like FCS/Gunner Interface do not appear aswell. **Note still reading the maaaanual.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Love it! Fantastic work! Will test it more tonight, just three things i noticed:

* when turning out as commander you should be able to use binoculares.

* im sure its accurate, but the tank seems small, from my view it could be 1/3 bigger...

* when doing a full stop and switching place from driver to commander, the gas runs out...

Why would the commander need to use binoculars... It'd be cool if you could do that on all vehicles, but really, its not that important.

Size wise its pretty spot on, its not a huge vehicle. It is based off the M113 chassis (somewhat) and its not got a lot of armor (its not a tank btw, it is a self-propelled howitzer, you wouldn't want to get into a direct fire contest with this thing, you'll end up dead).

If you engaged the driver lock then it removes the fuel so you do not accidentally move the gun. You should be able to get in the drivers seat and disengage it and you can drive off again.

Cracking addon chaps.

Air-bursting WP at a low angle looks stunning, and getting the burst height just right to blanket a whole Takistani town/village with one shell gives me a warm feeling. :)

Nice model but i'm to stupid to use it.

Do I have to switch positions from commander to gunner to fire the mission? Or am i able to give him the order? Can't find it in the manual. FCS works, all ok but don't now how to fire.

Is there an easy way to determine the target grid without the forward observer.

Is the M2 not useable at this moment? Cannot fire it.

Once the gun is layed you have to change seats to the gunner seat and use the interface. AI can't do it by itself. We will introduce the AI API in the next version. This thing is really meant for a solid fun MP session :)

You can get the grid by looking on the map before u open up the FCS. But you will need an observer for adjustments.

M2 is not usable, probably won't be, its not what this addon is about.

M2 is not usable, probably won't be, its not what this addon is about.

I agree. If you find yourself in a situation where you NEED the M2, you are most likely not using the weapon right.

On top of this, if you got into the situation where you needed to use the M2, I wouldn't want to me stuck sat on a few hundred pounds of explosives in a machine made from paper mache, I suggest running as an RPG or metis will shred this to bits.

not only that. The M109A6 needs a vulnerability, its already a jawdropping powerhouse. It needs to know when to pick up its tail and run.

It needs to know when to pick up its tail and run.

Unless the fuel bug happens.

:rolleyes:

Congrats to the release Alex, a damn impressive addon for sure :cool:

I cant raise the cannon, if I put more than 195 in up/down it says FAULT

You don't raise the cannon with those fields, those are for doing adjustments. Up/Down is for how much to adjust off the original altitude of the target.

One of the most polished addons ever, well done guys and congrats on release. :)

Damn, its really hard to get an accurate hit with this gun, and i like it!

It reminds me of the old game 'defender of the crown' :D

Is there a fule bug or am i just to stupid to get the thing to roll after a fired run?