Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

I think the bottom line has always been obvious, and the nature of this thread just obscures that:

People are always going to hate on ArmA3 because of what it DOESN'T/WON'T have when it first comes out, much like ArmA2. But if you ask these people to give an example of a game that brought more to the table upon its release (no mods included, just the stock game), they will choke on their words.

What a stupid question. Arma 3 isn't even out this year, there's buckets of time for BIS to add to their already impressive E3 build. Post this question again once Arma 3 goes gold. By then we should have reels of near-release, in-game footage to consider.

As it's been said, it's too early to judge critically. First reactions are positive though.

As it's been said, it's too early to judge critically. First reactions are positive though.

See that's what I'm saying, I just hope for BIS they will make this game playable enough on all sides when it comes out because I know for a lot of people it's a bugger to even start playing this with a lot of small things missing, or real life things missing that are essential in a simulator that express itself on realism or a lot of not optimized graphical tweaks, for instance how will PhysX work out, it will take more performance.. for instance.

From the dev posts i've read, BIS seem pretty confident that PhysX won't have a major frame rate impact for any hardware within the specified requirements.

Pretty much. I've got enough faith in BIS to pre-order now, but obviously they do have to convince the skeptics and the new customers to part with their cash and upgrade if necessary. Here's hoping!

Edited by Daniel

maybe add the option "yes, if its polished on the release day";

with all love to the game, if i remember on the arma2 release day here, when i bought it, i could start crying again.

See that's what I'm saying, I just hope for BIS they will make this game playable enough on all sides when it comes out because I know for a lot of people it's a bugger to even start playing this with a lot of small things missing, or real life things missing that are essential in a simulator that express itself on realism or a lot of not optimized graphical tweaks, for instance how will PhysX work out, it will take more performance.. for instance.

Remember - and this is supported by the very words from a BIS developer's mouth - they are not removing anything from their previous games (gameplay dynamics / features wise), only adding things.

If you're one of the people who is sore about the (near) futuristic setting of the game, I can't say anything other than what has already been said. ArmA, regardless of which game in the series you're talking about, has always been a foundation upon which the community builds. And I'm glad that from what I'm hearing so far, this will probably be the most stable and reliable "platform" than any of the other ArmA games were when they first came out. I don't care about the setting.

I will buy it if I know that my pc can handle it, I can handle ARMA2 but only justly and this got even more functions.

Remember - and this is supported by the very words from a BIS developer's mouth - they are not removing anything from their previous games (gameplay dynamics / features wise), only adding things.

If you're one of the people who is sore about the (near) futuristic setting of the game, I can't say anything other than what has already been said. ArmA, regardless of which game in the series you're talking about, has always been a foundation upon which the community builds. And I'm glad that from what I'm hearing so far, this will probably be the most stable and reliable "platform" than any of the other ArmA games were when they first came out. I don't care about the setting.

I know that but arma 2 was for me the worst "done" when it came out, I know it's just an engine update and they use what's done, but I mean new stuff.. I don't care that much about the new setting.. but for instance.. the weapons will be new.. but we have so much skins in arma 1, 2, ace even and the community of modders. So it would be nice to use everything they have in a new release and have it properly done. If a weapon has an iron sight and a scope to use both like in ace, simply because real life realism says that I can do that. I mean we have track-ir and shit.. it's the small things.. so all I'm saying is they release this when they can play it fully in the order they intended it to be and used what they've gained over the years.. and I'm sure they will, but it's essential upon release for a lot of gamers that didn't open the door to armacoholism..:p

And btw ace is just a mod and most things where already in the arma engine.. so it's all about BIS wrapping it up together..

Next to that, the more is in the game the less mods for weapons and maps we need and vanilla will be easier to play and join servers without mods etc.

Even if they include ugly old arma 1 and 2 maps like chernarus.. SO what.. "it was there in arma 2 so buy that.."! no it's about the ease of having content and able to play online without to much hassle about mods.. I mean arma can be fully what it is with mods and run without all the editing of maps etc next to it.. like a mod editor in-game same like the mission editor.. and next to that a lot of things done with ace for instance where ideas I would implement in the basic arma code, I thought arma 2 was already trying to do this but they failed wrapping it up..

+ I really think if you would be able to connect through to Armaholic in-game and download directly into your folders without to much hassle a lot of people will have a easier time downloading mods if they want to after playing all the content, but now arma 2 vanilla is good.. but you know with some mods it's better.. in a sense of (VBS has it) and the basic need needed in arma is going to be updated, by bis or mods.. and that's sad..

Edited by RavoC

I know that but arma 2 was for me the worst "done" when it came out, I know it's just an engine update and they use what's done, but I mean new stuff.. I don't care that much about the new setting.. but for instance.. the weapons will be new.. but we have so much skins in arma 1, 2, ace even and the community of modders. So it would be nice to use everything they have in a new release and have it properly done. If a weapon has an iron sight and a scope to use both like in ace, simply because real life realism says that I can do that. I mean we have track-ir and shit.. it's the small things.. so all I'm saying is they release this when they can play it fully in the order they intended it to be and used what they've gained over the years.. and I'm sure they will, but it's essential upon release for a lot of gamers that didn't open the door to armacoholism..:p

Agreed. I have high hopes that BIS will deliver!

I don't know I want to see more informations about It first

The GRAW "future" setting is pulling me in the no corner I wait what will come next.

Lets hope that the modding community doesn’t find a new holy grail. If they are away, reading the most ppl comments, arma 3 will be unplayable.

No.

Like everyone else I'm just hanging around the forums responding to every second thread. Cheerfully spreading my negative vibes, making snide commentary and unfounded assumptions based on a sheer minimum of fact/information.

:P

-k

*edit: I suggest the next forum poll will be something equally enlightening like. Should the sky in Arma3 be blue or blue-white? Or Do you think Red crates should be heavier than the blue ones?

Edited by NkEnNy

Yup, I know the setting itself doesnt matter as much since mods can replace the setting and feeling and with all these added capabilities so many new doors open.

Gonna sound like a fanboi here but I will be getting Arma3 as soon as it is released. For Arma2 I brought the German version because I couldn't wait for the English version to arrive...

Pre-order? Yes please!

Digital copy (to get your hands on it straight away)? Yes please!

DVD version? Yes please!

More content (DLC etc)? Yes please!

Not buying it unless Arma3 is better polished for PVP. I'm not into AI bashing, i find it very boring.

*edit: I suggest the next forum poll will be something equally enlightening like. Should the sky in Arma3 be blue or blue-white? Or Do you think Red crates should be heavier than the blue ones?

ssshh...

dont give new forum member some stupid new idea :p

I think i ll not buy arma3, like LUC for the primary reason, i played ofp since the 1 day of release, i allways supported BIS and i think they are the best studio of video game this time.

But, i'm sad too because i think many features sould be arma2 and arma3 is too fast for the arma serie, just i changed my computer too, so i will do like for arma1 i will not buy. The modern style is ok for me, it's a good idea, changing weapons and skin, for me it will be a arma2 release, only 1 island? empty? Play in water is not enough when we see the submarine apparently is a static object..But wait too next informations, For the campaign we can do allready here, maybe it will more improved but for me same, this style of campaign should be in arma2, we dont know again all about arma3, so wait for it. But for moment i'm not excited at all.

Now i'm bored to see all times the same engine and graphic style (i don't say it's uggly), but light during night are ugly, so i wait the crytek SDK and a realistic mod, the potential is better i think for realistic game.

Maybe and surely arma4 for me but not arma3. Long life to arma2 :)

Edited by Dalia

I will buy it because of the editor. Depending on the DLC i might buy them or not cannot answer this yet as no DLC has even been mentioned.

Why would we be here unless we would buy it? Lol jk with you. I will buy it.

If the weapons and vehicles are heavily influenced by science fiction then I am not interested.

If the map is smaller then Takistan I am not interested.

If the map is huge, with varied terrain, and the weapons and vehicles are model 2012 or earlier then I am interested.

-

If the weapons and vehicles are heavily influenced by science fiction then I am not interested.

If the map is smaller then Takistan I am not interested.

If the map is huge, with varied terrain, and the weapons and vehicles are model 2012 or earlier then I am interested.

-

The map is the biggest ArmA island yet, and SOME of the vehicles/weapons we have seen are fake