Sign in to follow this  
hyphon

Any roadmap, plans for a closed beta test?

Hi!

Is anything cleared about a roadmap or closed beta test?

I just would offer my services as beta test candidate!

Greetings Hyphon

obviously not by the total lack of any imput by the company.

i hope to god they buck their ideas up because this will all go pear shaped if they dont give people any info and keep people who are supposed to be going to buy this game informed.

obviously not by the total lack of any imput by the company.

i hope to god they buck their ideas up because this will all go pear shaped if they dont give people any info and keep people who are supposed to be going to buy this game informed.

I guess you weren't around during E3...

Perhaps a public community preview like with TOH, could be cut version like ArmA2 Free.

So there's some room for feedback about features etc, not too much content, while developers and designers can prepare for the new Engine.

At this moment we are not planning any large scale open betas.

We are continuously getting feedback from lot of people outside of the project and the company.

For example lately the game was played by one of the developers of the original Carrier Command ;).

For example lately the game was played by one of the developers of the original Carrier Command ;).

Just knowing that happened is encouraging for me.

Yes, it's me, but I've been continuing to lurk as I can't say much due to confidentiality agreements. Let's just say that I didn't stop grinning for days after I first played CC:GM. They really have done a magnificent job of taking the fundamental concepts of CC and creating an up-to-date game around them. Everything is recognisably CC, and you get the same feeling of space, freedom, and having lots of toys to play with, but with first person action that gets your heart racing.

I need to put more hours/days into the game (first I had to build a gaming PC, then my wife dragged me away on holiday) as I've really only scratched the surface by taking a couple of islands, but every indication is that this game could easily surpass the original in both success and influence on the future of gaming.

Yes, it's me, but I've been continuing to lurk as I can't say much due to confidentiality agreements. Let's just say that I didn't stop grinning for days after I first played CC:GM. They really have done a magnificent job of taking the fundamental concepts of CC and creating an up-to-date game around them. Everything is recognisably CC, and you get the same feeling of space, freedom, and having lots of toys to play with, but with first person action that gets your heart racing.

I need to put more hours/days into the game (first I had to build a gaming PC, then my wife dragged me away on holiday) as I've really only scratched the surface by taking a couple of islands, but every indication is that this game could easily surpass the original in both success and influence on the future of gaming.

This post. Instant boner.

Let's just say that I didn't stop grinning for days after I first played CC:GM.

I had a little tiny voice still saying it will not be as good as old CC, but after reading that part, that ugly voice died :) Thank you!

This is great to hear. I wasn't even born when Carrier Command was released but from what I've heard it is exactly my kind of game. To hear that CC:GM is living up to that is very promising.

I wasn't even born when Carrier Command was released

Well, don't you know how to make a happy man feel very old! :)

Ian

This is great to hear. I wasn't even born when Carrier Command was released.

I have the origina boxedl here for the Amega, so its older than you………….:yay:

I'm already starting to drool over the possibilities. If the original creator is so pleased with it and can see it going so far, then I simply can't wait to get that game and have at it.

Really hope to get into beta testing, loved the first game. I remember playing it on my old spectrum and was rather impressed by what they had created.

The new version will bring a classic to the modern age.

I don't suppose you guys have ever thought about updating the old battlezone series? :-D

...I don't suppose you guys have ever thought about updating the old battlezone series? :-D

Now why did you have to go saying that? I so miss Battlezone from about 10 years ago. That was one of my all time best games ever! CC looks to capture some of that magic since it is in the same style.

But I still want another Battlezone! Nothing was worse than having to eject from your burning wreckage of a tank, and only having 3 sniper rifle shots that could save your life. So many times, I was down to my last shot, focused on the impossible heart shot of the driver of a fast moving tank. Miss, and you are dead, or have a long hike ahead of you. Either way things are not good, but the entertainment was unmatched!

-X

Battlezone brand is owned by Activision sadly. One of my favourite game of all times...

Battlezone brand is owned by Activision sadly. One of my favourite game of all times...

That did worry us a trifle when we launched "Tank Duel" in 1984, and we also worried about Lucas when we launched "Star Strike" in 1985. I'm not sure you could creep under the radar so easily nowadays.

BTW, all of our old Sinclair Spectrum content is available on the Spectaculator iPhone speccy emulator, and this will shortly include Carrier Command. Yes, CC on a 4.77Mhz Z80! I earned enough royalties from this last quarter to buy *three* bottles of cheap wine, which isn't bad for something I worked on nearly three decades ago. I'm looking forwards to decade four!

I earned enough royalties from this last quarter to buy *three* bottles of cheap wine, which isn't bad for something I worked on nearly three decades ago. I'm looking forwards to decade four!

How does it feel to have something you hand-crafted being revered as a "Classic" by so many fans Gadgetmind ? You earned it, now don't drink it all at once ;)

-- Francois424

How does it feel to have something you hand-crafted being revered as a "Classic" by so many fans Gadgetmind ? You earned it, now don't drink it all at once ;)

Given the hardware and tools we were working with, and our "bash it into shape" approach to design and implementation, it's amazing that any of our games were ever finished nevermind still being remembered with any fondness.

Perhaps there is merit to shooting from the hip at times?