Sign in to follow this  
KorpeN

ArmA 3 like Battlefield play 4 free.

I've always found ArmA's online hard to get into, in nearly all aspects.

I enjoy playing around with a few friends in COOP, but had horrendous trouble online. Whilst the gameplay of games like BF are not what you would want in ArmA, it's online is a lot easier to get into - by that I mean it's easier to find and start playing on servers.

BIS don't need to copy another game, but they really do need to rethink the UI (at least) for multiplayer, to make it easier to find and select a suitable server for what you want.

I don't think adding a large "play now" button will fix the problem. But there's certainly a big gap where there's "room for improvement" regarding online play.

public pvp...oh my. Both teams would consist of lone wolfs with the biggest sniper rifle with a tws scope and a javelin.

Arma weapons aren't balanced, nor should they be. To win you need teamwork, something that is incredibly difficult to encourage in public play.

^^ This

This is the concept that the OP fails to understand. To implement what he would like properly would involve drastically changing the game, hence the reason it is unlikely to happen.

I've always found ArmA's online hard to get into, in nearly all aspects.

I enjoy playing around with a few friends in COOP, but had horrendous trouble online. Whilst the gameplay of games like BF are not what you would want in ArmA, it's online is a lot easier to get into - by that I mean it's easier to find and start playing on servers.

BIS don't need to copy another game, but they really do need to rethink the UI (at least) for multiplayer, to make it easier to find and select a suitable server for what you want.

I don't think adding a large "play now" button will fix the problem. But there's certainly a big gap where there's "room for improvement" regarding online play.

WOW, at last a PvP player who understands what I am saying. Cheers mate.

public pvp...oh my. Both teams would consist of lone wolfs with the biggest sniper rifle with a tws scope and a javelin.

Arma weapons aren't balanced, nor should they be. To win you need teamwork, something that is incredibly difficult to encourage in public play.

Another well-said post.

I'm a PvP player, and I dislike Battlefield Play4Free a lot, especially its UI. It is completely useless, and I would rather play Battlefield 2. It's hard to rip on a free game, but being free doesn't stop it from sucking.

In my opinion, BFP4F definitely sucks, and I would like to keep it as far away from Arma 3 as possible. :)

To bring some reason in this thread..

He suggested in the initial post:

• Instant join. Means select game type and the game finds a suitable server. Good suggestion.
  • A strong traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game (in addition to Warfare). Good suggestion.
  • Examples: Berzerk or AAS like. Both are the most played public PvP game modes next to Warfare. Good suggestion.
  • Personal credits as part of the game mode. Hurts teamplay and encourages unsocial behavior. Bad suggestion.
  • ArmA can have BF/CoD like game modes. It does already and they are very popular. Good point.
  • Having such a traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game would make it more popular. Very likely. See OFP as an example of former PvP popularity. Good point.
  • In addition it would make it interesting to competitive and league play. Very likely. Good point.

For all haters please take a moment to activate your brain.

To bring some reason in this thread..

He suggested in the initial post:

• Instant join. Means select game type and the game finds a suitable server. Good suggestion.
  • A strong traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game (in addition to Warfare). Good suggestion.
  • Examples: Berzerk or AAS like. Both are the most played public PvP game modes next to Warfare. Good suggestion.
  • Personal credits as part of the game mode. Hurts teamplay and encourages unsocial behavior. Bad suggestion.
  • ArmA can have BF/CoD like game modes. It does already and they are very popular. Good point.
  • Having such a traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game would make it more popular. Very likely. See OFP as an example of former PvP popularity. Good point.
  • In addition it would make it interesting to competitive and league play. Very likely. Good point.

For all haters please take a moment to activate your brain.

Thank you very much for helping me express myself. I cannot use well english laguange.

WOW, at last a PvP player who understands what I am saying. Cheers mate.

Another well-said post.

I understand what you're saying, but like others - I do not necessarily agree with your ideas.

I'm a PvP player, and I dislike Battlefield Play4Free a lot, especially its UI. It is completely useless, and I would rather play Battlefield 2. It's hard to rip on a free game, but being free doesn't stop it from sucking.

In my opinion, BFP4F definitely sucks, and I would like to keep it as far away from Arma 3 as possible. :)

Yes, But looking at ArmA's UI, It's not much better in it's current state ...

@Ben_S

I didn't say that you agree. For me it's enough that you understood what I am trying to say.

i just don't want cod-fags and battlefield-fags in arma3.

I hope you meant fanboys with fags. Otherwise, I shall be grievously offended. No joke.

@Ben_S

I didn't say that you agree. For me it's enough that you understood what I am trying to say.

I know, I've just had my run ins with people misunderstanding what I've tried to say before.

Yes, But looking at ArmA's UI, It's not much better in it's current state ...

Unless they've significantly improved it from a month ago when I stopped playing, Arma 2's UI is 1000x better than it. ;)

Arma 3 or any Arma game should never try to look, feel or get closer to any of the FPS on the market, what makes Armaverse so unique is its build to be a sim not a FPS Quicky on the backseat, Arma is a longlasting relationship you work on and grow with...

Leave Arma be Arma, and the rest can be for the kiddies...

@Ben_S

I think everyone here understands only too well what you want, we just don't want to see it implemented for several very clearly stated reasons.

So you'd rather see the game sell poor and BIS go bankrupt just so that you dont have do deal with monkeys?

Now i dont think Arma have been a seller like COD or BF and surprisingly they are doing very well, still producing, and i also really dont think its the aim of BIS.. And as long as they got there VBS franchise they wont go broke any time soon...

Rarther a low selling quality unique product for a loyal and devoted community, than a mass produced trash for the hungry teenage acne attacked kiddies

So you'd rather see the game sell poor and BIS go bankrupt just so that you dont have do deal with monkeys?

If you think BIS are even close to bankruptcy, I've got a bridge to sell you.

BIS and the ArmA series have endured because of their style, not in spite of it.

Edited by BangTail

I was exaggerating, but you get my point. I'd never want a dumber ArmA game but I wouldnt mind more people being interested it because BIS deserves the money.

I can agree with that :)

(But that's got more to do with marketing)

I don't really understand the knee-jerk reaction against PvP in a thread like this.

Sure, I prefer TvT, but the RV engine's suitable enough for some competitive fragging, particularly if Bis overhaul the animation system and add some physics. A game-mode like this benefits from some game-modes / maps being included with the vanilla game: it doesn't suit the community-made approach that co-op missions do.

There were some interesting TvT modes included with the release of OA, but they were all so badly bugged at release that nobody played them.

Noone's worked out what 'Arma 2: free' was in the Nvidia profiles yet (as far as I know). Perhaps Bis still have a surprise waiting for us.

being unpopular is what makes the ArmAverse what it is.

why not? Why can't they play the game as well, we could have the realism folks with no spawn and so on, then the more casual pvp crowd. As long as there could be a way for the server search to find the PVP not TVT then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm sure eventually people would complain about the multiplayer servers being full of PVP but we already get that with...yeah you know the one. Serious players don't generally look for what is popular because they know they won't find it so what is the problem? It's just like RP servers, zombie servers, aircraft only etc, in the end it is just a different manner of gameplay and if a mode could be made similar to battlefield then hey more power to the mission makers for using the editor for a wider range of gameplay types.

I like the server browser the way it is now, no signing in, no matchmaking, NO SHIT

I hope BIS never listen to this casuals cskids, my god no please!

Im not against PvP, in fact, I play TvTs.

Please dont make Arma3 like those CS BF clone games (BTW I also play COD4 MP and BC2) What I mean is, I want ArmA as ArmA, if I want to play CS style I have COD4, if I want some bigger maps and a little bit of team play, I have BC2 BF3

I don't really understand the knee-jerk reaction against PvP in a thread like this.

Sure, I prefer TvT

As long as there could be a way for the server search to find the PVP not TVT then it shouldn't be a problem.

What are you guys talking about? TVT==PVP, with the exception that TVT excludes non-team game modes, which are pretty much deathmatch and the very rare flag fight.

I hope BIS never listen to this casuals cskids, my god no please!

Im not against PvP, in fact, I play TvTs.

Please dont make Arma3 like those CS BF clone games (BTW I also play COD4 MP and BC2) What I mean is, I want ArmA as ArmA, if I want to play CS style I have COD4, if I want some bigger maps and a little bit of team play, I have BC2 BF3

Who was wanting Arma 3 to become like Counter-Strike or Battlefield to warrant an outcry like that from you?