Sign in to follow this  
KorpeN

ArmA 3 like Battlefield play 4 free.

How about bis make a ArmA3 launcher where the main menu is your character, you press play now and instantly you find a hardcore PvP map like berserk 16vs16 with hold and secure mod, collect points and buy new weapons and uniforms. Somehow like battlefield play for free. I am playing this game for a while now and I was imaging ArmA be that way with its unique gameplay. It will be paradise.

P.S. : Before the narrowminded tell me to go to play BF or CoD just think that I am telling this for BIS to make the game more popular. In that way it will support tournament modes like ladders and cups.

EDIT:

To sum up. Here are some basic points. Thnx to PvPscene

Instant join. Means select game type and the game finds a suitable server. Good suggestion.

A strong traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game (in addition to Warfare). Good suggestion.

Examples: Berzerk or AAS like. Both are the most played public PvP game modes next to Warfare. Good suggestion.

ArmA can have BF/CoD like game modes. It does already and they are very popular. Good point.

Having such a traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game would make it more popular. Very likely. See OFP as an example of former PvP popularity. Good point.

In addition it would make it interesting to competitive and league play. Very likely. Good point.

Edited by KorpeN

/me fetches the popcorn and waits for the realismuh brigade to arrive

(I didn´t really understand what you´re saying, but isn´t Armas MP free already? Unless you´re saying that BI should bring out a free to play version of A3 that´s limited to a special MP mode, in that case I´d have to disagree on the basis that they should focus on the main game, and make it the best they can, before trying to do any side projects.)

No . The essence of Arma would be lost .

Hard-to-find MP games are not bad thing in ArmA, its a feature to keep certain people away from the game

And why would they do this over the current system? Really? Free-game?

I am not talking about FREE game. I am talking about the way that bfp4f works. Like a program.

P.S. : Before the narrowminded tell me to go to play BF or CoD just think that I am telling this for BIS to make the game more popular. In that way it will support tournament modes like ladders and cups.

being unpopular is what makes the ArmAverse what it is.

Go play BF or CoD :p

j/k

Edited by BangTail

being unpopular is what makes the ArmAverse what it is.

you mean with no multiplayer mode?

What's wrong with ArmA3 gameplay be popular?

you mean with no multiplayer mode?

What's wrong with ArmA3 gameplay be popular?

no multiplayer mode? what's your definition of "multiplayer"? there's plenty of servers on ArmA2 currently to play. do you mean PvP? i just don't want cod-fags and battlefield-fags in arma3.

no multiplayer mode? what's your definition of "multiplayer"? there's plenty of servers on ArmA2 currently to play. do you mean PvP? i just don't want cod-fags and battlefield-fags in arma3.

I´m no MP person, but I´ve watched my brother play BF, and many people on there are indeed unpleasant to deal with. Lots of leetspeak and cussing to go around... sims generally are more demanding to get into, and produce a smaller but more mature community.

So from that side, I can understand the resentment. But on the other hand I don´t, because this seems like both sides being unpleasant towards each other.

Yes there are only infinite coop servs (which is not a problem) and no PvP servers. You don't want fags of CoD? It's not that if cod or bf fans play arma 3 will change the steyle and gemeplay of ArmA. They will not bother you either. You will play with your bots and PvPers will play PvP. Easy.

I´m no MP person, but I´ve watched my brother play BF, and many people on there are indeed unpleasant to deal with. Lots of leetspeak and cussing to go around... sims generally are more demanding to get into, and produce a smaller but more mature community.

So from that side, I can understand the resentment. But on the other hand I don´t, because this seems like both sides being unpleasant towards each other.

What he said .

Let's not act like a bunch of stuck ups just because we have a superior intellect ... oops :p

Yes there are only infinite coop servs (which is not a problem) and no PvP servers. You don't want fags of CoD? It's not that if cod or bf fans play arma 3 will change the steyle and gemeplay of ArmA. They will not bother you either. You will play with your bots and PvPers will play PvP. Easy.

if you want pvp, buy your own server and make your own pvp missions. i know there's plenty of pvp and tvt missions being made for arma2.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1944933#post1944933

ala that thread ^^.

If you want 24 hour PvP games in Arma 3, rent a server and build some missions, just like the co-op community has to. "If you build it, they will come".

OFP had some fantastic PvP games. I don't see BIS holding the co-op community's hand.

Ninja'd. ph34r.gif

Go rent a server, put PvP maps on it and invite your friends - Problem solved.

That's what the Co-oP crowd does, they rent servers and make missions to put on those servers.

I don't get why you constantly start these threads.

Why is it they can do it but you have to have everything done for you exactly?

Ninja'd x 2

ph34r.gif + ph34r.gif

Edited by BangTail

if you want pvp, buy your own server and make your own pvp missions. i know there's plenty of pvp and tvt missions being made for arma2.

I am willing to buy a server if bis will make some PvP missions. Stop telling me what to do. You are noway above others in these forums. Also if you don't like the idea I cannot understand why you bpther posting.

Go rent a server, put PvP maps on it and invite your friends - Problem solved.

That's what the Co-oP crowd does, they rent servers and make missions to put on those servers.

I don't get why you constantly start these threads.

Why is it they can do it but you have to have everything done for you exactly?

Ninja'd x 2

I don't want to play with my friends. That's not make sense. I don't care how coop community works. It seems that you don't have a clue on how PvP works. It's not about friends. It's about clans, tournaments etc.

Edited by KorpeN

Hmm... program-wise?

WTF? Hell no. I'm not against discussing ideas. But BP4F does a lot of things wrong (in my eyes), starting with the fact you have to launch it from a internet site. Then the game launcher is a huge laugh. No thanks, I wan't my games with a server browser. That you can't decide which server to join just shows what kind of game and what kind of target group is intended. Ok so the pay(play) for contend (weapons, skins mainly) is another laugh. The ppl that play this game are another laugh.

So as conclusion you can say that its a very bad idea and bohemia will never do this.

as Daniel and BangTail have stated, the coop community makes their own missions, why can't the pvp community?

I am willing to buy a server if bis will make some PvP missions. Stop telling me what to do. You are noway above others in these forums. Also if you don't like the idea I cannot understand why you bpther posting.

I don't want to play with my friends. That's not make sense. I don't care how coop community works. It seems that you don't have a clue on how PvP works. It's not about friends. It's about clans, tournaments etc.

Good, so go play a game where that is the way the community works.

There is no way BIS would ever risk alienating their fan base (mostly coop and SP players) in favour of what you want.

It's never going to happen unless you put something together yourself (or make do with what is available).

Edited by BangTail

I am willing to buy a server if bis will make some PvP missions.

Arma 2 PvP Missions.

Arrowhead PvP Missions.

Rent a game server.

All the league stuff should be simple enough to set up. Just register for a free board and post some advertisements on the community forums.

I hope InstaGoat brought enough popcorn.

Edited by Daniel

1. Any stupid insults of PvP players stop now, else infraction

2. All users who obviously registered just today to jump into here are investigated. If it turns out they are cloned accounts - permanent ban for all user accounts, regardless who they are.

Think about it.

a BFH or B4F option wont really work for arma as its far too varied. there are no set maps, or mission types. i mean really, you can find "realistic" DM games, silly ones (like that one with the cloaking), organized tvt, CTFs, warfare games, domi games, evo, and hardcore coops and RPGs all right next to each other.

its too much work really to get a "play now" button. its easier just to manually look through servers for what you want to play. also there are mods and addon restrictions too, forgot about those. AND difficulty options! those too!one reason i have not bothered with MP is almost every server is on regular! i hate regular! virtually no servers run on vet or higher!

play now just wont work with with arma

additionally having a "persistent character model" that you customize and use in MP just wont work because of said restrictions. you play what the mission maker wants, for better or worse (better in my opinion).

im afraid im going to have to say it, but, go play BF or COD :p

they do the drop in and play MP much better

public pvp...oh my. Both teams would consist of lone wolfs with the biggest sniper rifle with a tws scope and a javelin.

Arma weapons aren't balanced, nor should they be. To win you need teamwork, something that is incredibly difficult to encourage in public play.