Sign in to follow this  
KorpeN

ArmA 3 like Battlefield play 4 free.

Oh I know what's going on in the picture, I'm just pointing out another interpretation that made me chuckle.

I see the "I'm holier than thou" realism-brigade I stronger than ever.

Mention the word "PvP" in a thread, let it live 5 hours, it will have bred 10 "CoD kiddies", "CSKid", "leet kids", etc...

It's like an automated feature in these boards.

Couldn't you just list his points, and check them :

* He asks for an auto-join feature. How is it going to alter A3 realism?

* He mentions "collecting points" and such, because, big news, there are such things in some PvP map, and BIG NEWS, there are such things in the most popular Coop maps too! How is it going to alter A3 realism, again?

And from there, we go, again, on posts about how stupid PvP players are, how they all are kids, how public PvP game are horrible, no teamplay, blabla (when, ofc, the average public Coop game is full of people instantly coordinating together, never lonewolfing with their Sniper+AT rounds, not at all, nonononono, it never happens in public coop ... /sarcasm ), without, ever, explaining how this is going to alter awww so cherished A3 realism.

The only argument is picking apart the "collecting points" part of his post, automatically deduce he means adding by BI charater ranking in game (!!!! where the f**** did you read that in his post? oO and again, ranks are in most major game modes seen in A2, PvP and coop alike ), and go ranting about PvP people, like always

Writing "PvP" in a thread is like giving permission to rant without relation to actual topic of the thread, so it seems.

To bring some reason in this thread..

He suggested in the initial post:

• Instant join. Means select game type and the game finds a suitable server. Good suggestion.
  • A strong traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game (in addition to Warfare). Good suggestion.
  • Examples: Berzerk or AAS like. Both are the most played public PvP game modes next to Warfare. Good suggestion.
  • ArmA can have BF/CoD like game modes. It does already and they are very popular. Good point.
  • Having such a traditional PvP game mode as part of the core game would make it more popular. Very likely. See OFP as an example of former PvP popularity. Good point.
  • In addition it would make it interesting to competitive and league play. Very likely. Good point.

in few words. Bump

*toenails*

Edited by zooloo75

I detect massive amounts of fail in the above post. :bitch:

I detect massive amounts of fail in the above post. :bitch:

Yeah, and it's being redirected to you.

I'm sorry if I seemed to of hurt your feelings. I'm sure you can wipe those tears off and grow up to be a nice loving adult one day. :rolleyes:

I also must apologize about people being able to have opinions. You probably didn't know that.

You didn't play much of OFP in 2001, did you, to know so little about what this engine aims for and what it is capable of?

EDIT : and again, you still didn't address what seem to be your main issue : how are OP proposal going to change any level of realism in A3? How are they going to affect the way you play the game?

The way I see it, it won't change anything for you. Not a iota

Edited by whisper

You didn't play much of OFP in 2001

No, I would've been 6 years old at the time. Missed alot actually.

But I'm sure ArmA and the first OFP have the same type of gameplay except that OFP is older obviously. AMIRITE?

You must feel high and mighty because you played the series since the beginning. ;)

EDIT : and again, you still didn't address what seem to be your main issue : how are OP proposal going to change any level of realism in A3? How are they going to affect the way you play the game?

The way I see it, it won't change anything for you. Not a iota

EDIT - I guess you are right.

Edited by zooloo75
Corrected

Well, I don't come patronizing people about how they should play the game.

Ofp/ArmA is not dedicated to coop, sry to burst your bubble.

You are completely right. It's so much better to actually discuss this with someone mature as yourself, rather than someone who flames you to the depths of their heart because of an opinion. +1 to you.

@zooloo75

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

You have been here long enough to know how to properly post on these forums.