Sign in to follow this  
defwen

ArmA X: Anniversary Edition

Like Kylania, I have everything already but a) want to support BI and b) the maps and music could be fun.

Question though, I see the games are referred to as ARMA X editions, is there any reason to unistall all my current Arma2 games and install these? Have all the DLC and patches.

If this has been asked I apologize...did go back a few pages in this thread and didn't see it raised.

As far as price...$59, but I had bought the last two DLC's from Sprocket....

I already tried to contact BI but I didn't got an answer. I don't even know if my message was send because I didn't got 'Message sent'. The message was just gone after I clicked on the 'Send' button. So I try it here.

My question is:

I bought ArmA 2: CO at Amazon.de. How do I get an upgrade code for ArmA X?

I already tried to contact BI but I didn't got an answer. I don't even know if my message was send because I didn't got 'Message sent'. The message was just gone after I clicked on the 'Send' button. So I try it here.

My question is:

I'm going to go ahead and say no.

Are you guys going to sell a boxed version through sprocket?

I want to give you all my money (not really) so prefer not to go through retail channels and pay the middle man.

Are you guys going to sell a boxed version through sprocket?

I want to give you all my money (not really) so prefer not to go through retail channels and pay the middle man.

I thought Sprocket was only Digital Distribution (correct me if I'm wrong)

I wonder if OFP will work on newer operating systems of if you will have to have XP and not Vista/Windows 7.

I have Win7 ultimate x64 and it runs fine (though the goddamn Nvidia graphics drivers ranomly stop working :confused:)

Probably i need to update them.

Edited by Petar

Originally Posted by Nightrain

I wonder if OFP will work on newer operating systems of if you will have to have XP and not Vista/Windows 7.

They added just added full Windows 7 support for Arma 1 in the last patch

so more then likely the new version 1.99 OFP has been patched up to do so.

Cold War Armed (OFP) works quite fine on my Win 7 machine. Don't see why it shouldn't work for others :)

Thank God :yay:

OK so to celebrate the purchase of my first ever gaming laptop I went ahead & bought ArmA X. I probably didn't need to as I have at least 2 copies of everything, and at least one machine probably won't run them again. however.

So I'm doing the massive download marathon from Sprocket.

One question, is it like Steam where, once I buy, I can always redownload later? I wish to delete the install files after they've been used. Or, even better, is there a way to cram them onto DVDs?

One question, is it like Steam where, once I buy, I can always redownload later? I wish to delete the install files after they've been used. Or, even better, is there a way to cram them onto DVDs?

Yes and yes. You can always download from Sprocket at a later date and it keeps your serial numbers along with your download links in the account management section of the website.

You could also download the installs and put them on DVD and just get the serial numbers from the website when you need to install or something.

My question is:

You only get a discount if you purchased the other games from Sprocket/BIS. Not other places.

Yes and yes. You can always download from Sprocket at a later date and it keeps your serial numbers along with your download links in the account management section of the website.

You could also download the installs and put them on DVD and just get the serial numbers from the website when you need to install or something.

Thanks Kylania :)

BTW, can anybody tell me what the bonus content is rather than me waste bandwidth & time etc?

I already own the ARMA 2 game + expansions/DLC, $36 is too much to pay for ARMA Gold and ARMA CWA in my opinion. I'd pay $20, maybe, but $36 is just too much.

I don't believe $36 is too much...your getting high resolution maps, sound tracks and everything included.

ArmA: Combat Operations is $19.99 on Steam.

OFP is probably selling for about $15 - $20.

I'm gonna get it.

Also, just curious if ArmA: Cold War Assault also includes the Gold Upgrade and Resistance packs. Anyone know?

Just found out it's only Cold War Crisis and Resistance. That's ok, cause Gold Upgrade sucked and I have the disk.

30s9309.png

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

OMG nostalgia!!!!!!!

This brings back soooooo many great memories.

Edited by Nicholas

I already own the ARMA 2 game + expansions/DLC, $36 is too much to pay for ARMA Gold and ARMA CWA in my opinion. I'd pay $20, maybe, but $36 is just too much.

You're right, don't buy it off Steam for $36. Buy it directly from BIS Store for $60 and fully support the company that makes such amazing games. Doesn't matter if you already have copies, buy more. :)

I had 2 copies of OFP, 2 of ArmA (Steam, DVD), QB, 3 copies of ArmA2 (Steam, DVD, CO DVD), 2 of OA (Steam, CO DVD) as well as BAF and PMC and I still bought ArmA X. :eek:

Last I heard, developers get about 75% profits from sales on Steam and Valve takes 25%. That isn't really bad. And I recall Maruk himself said that having their products on Steam really brought in many, many sales. And I don't think they are that short on cash, considering they currently have 3 titles in development.

Yes, it is better for 100% of sales to go to developer, but some people just like Steam and it's convenience.

Hell, I've heard of indie developers being saved by Steam. Steam isn't all that bad.

Not everybody has the money to pay for the same game, just in different formats 2-4 times.

Maybe if I win the lottery, I'll donate 100k to Bohemia Interactive. (They better give me a copy of VBS2 as well) :P

Edited by Nicholas

You're right, don't buy it off Steam for $36. Buy it directly from BIS Store for $60 and fully support the company that makes such amazing games. Doesn't matter if you already have copies, buy more.

I had 2 copies of OFP, 2 of ArmA (Steam, DVD), QB, 3 copies of ArmA2 (Steam, DVD, CO DVD), 2 of OA (Steam, CO DVD) as well as BAF and PMC and I still bought ArmA X.

I will consider buying Arma X in boxed form whenever that comes around - I don't see the point of owning more than one digital copy of...well, anything.

I will consider buying Arma X in boxed form whenever that comes around - I don't see the point of owning more than one digital copy of...well, anything.

This. As soon as there is a boxed set available in the US, I'll buy it immediately.

Pretty much anything I buy on digital, I don't expect to keep past my first reformat/uninstall.

I'd quite like a hard copy of BAF and PMC at some point.

This is the sort of thing I could see myself impulse buying in a store sometime.

Pretty much anything I buy on digital, I don't expect to keep past my first reformat/uninstall.

I'd quite like a hard copy of BAF and PMC at some point.

This is the sort of thing I could see myself impulse buying in a store sometime.

If you didn't know, there is a disc version of BAF and PMC. Known as ArmA: Reinforcements.

OFP is probably selling for about $15 - $20.

I bought it for $7.

Does anyone now when is the "boxed" version being released, because i know that they wont sell it in my country and i'll be in the US from today until the first week of August and it is my only chance of buying it without importing, later this summer doesn't give me that much information and i would love to buy it!