Sign in to follow this  
Damu

Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

#12 "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?"

No

:(

According to that recent dev interview posted in the BF3 thread, large physics events (like bringing down whole buildings) will basically be scripted "set pieces" in BF3. The dynamic destruction only happens on a relatively minor scale, such as taking out pieces of walls.

Something tells me that even that won't be entirely dynamic though, at least not in MP.

)

I'm having the same feeling. I didn't think the large buildings falling over were dynamic, but the simpler scenes of tearing open walls and such, having physical chunks of building falling out. But as you said, how much of that makes into MP is a toss up.

Q: War...war never changes...or does it? The war has changed...did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No, of course it is...is War....yes...no...yes?

If all buildings are dynamically destroyable by physx, what will happen if you detonate a nuclear bomb over a city? ;)

If all buildings are dynamically destroyable by physx, what will happen if you detonate a nuclear bomb over a city? ;)

Apparently, they aren't dynamically destroyable by PhysX.

But if they were, I assume you would be treated to a lag show of biblical proportion.

And... What about Russians in ArmA 3?

Too late. Not ARG related. Not answerable by yes/no. Not even a sensible question at all.

Also, your text is all green. You might want to get that looked at.

OK. Thanks for the answer!

I have asked a question earlier, but it have removed (green color)

"Will be the Russian army in game?"

I will wait well.

OK. Thanks for the answer!

I have asked a question earlier, but it have removed (green color)

"Will be the Russian army in game?"

I will wait well.

Yep, just wait and see if it gets answered.

"Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87

Spoiler

I LOVED fighting them. I hope they reappear, or at least get referenced. (Independents? Or will the Chinese be independent?)

I want USA, China and Russia and guerillas, everything else is nice but the first three would be sick :)

I'm new to this but it looks cool! Can't wait to get into it :)

Anyone willing to teach a newbie, PM me!

Will a player be able to kick the AI player in a vehicle so he can take command of that vehicle?

Will a player be able to kick the AI player in a vehicle so he can take command of that vehicle?

You already can. 1911 is my method of... removing... an AI. ;)