Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

hehe well yeah that's what I had in the back of my had aswell ^^ but if you think about it, they showed simple Arma 2 models on Arma 2 maps and Arma 3 models on Arma 3 map so the chance they used the normal Arma 3 unit with the fictional camo but already added a VBS2 exclusive feature to it, is rather low.

I think previous soldiers has had non-functional sidearms models on the hip before.

I think previous soldiers has had non-functional sidearms models on the hip before.

Nope. It was just the holster without the handgun. BTW the pistol in the video looked like the Glock 17.

look at the handgun in the holster ;)

Wow. I didn't know they were moving VBS2 to the RV3 engine. That looks awesome. That brings up a question. Was all of that VBS2? And, if so, does that mean VBS2 2.0 and ArmA2/3 are sharing assets now (like the NATO and Iranian soldiers from ArmA3 and the Marines from ArmA2)?

EDIT: Nvm, that was showcasing RV4 along with VBS2 2.0 RV3

Edited by antoineflemming

If they can do that with VBS I want ArmA2 1.7 to include all VBS features. Hell, I'll pay a full $40 for that. Make it happen BIS. Do it.

Please make mission making use less scripting. Use many more drop down lists in Waypoints, triggers, and in game radio calling features that spawn results from base without scripting. Examples: Call in custom airstrike,custom resupply trucks,custom reinforcements. The airstrike would spawn at base, navigate to you, hit location you set on map and then RTB and actually fly there,land,and dismiss.

Custom supply truck convoy spawns from base navigates using streets and not forest,steep mountain,or deep water,delivers supply and if fail they radio to you mission incomplete and why(destroyed by ambush enemy airstrike etc). Call in C-130 that spawns at base and navigates to you dropping custom supplies and reinforcements and RTB. Call in UAV that spawns and gives you thermal image screen of nearby activity. Complete artillery templates that spawn artillery when radio called by either side and do not disappear and stay available for radio fire mission until destroyed by enemy.

Waypoints that have larger selection to have units: set up camp, set up perimeter, construct base, set up triage, search an entire building,Use nearest vehicles by default etc,etc.

Playable AI that respawn and find nearest vehicle and navigate back to squad leader instead of walking 10 miles in straight line crossing deep water ignoring the bridge 10meters away and showing up to squad leader ready to fight a tank with only a pistol because he let his gear sink in deep water.LOL

Radio calls in game that call for custom helicopter extractions that spawn from base or your choice and navigate to your map location and wait til your in and take you where you need to go without scripting.

Tiggers that spawn Opfor/Blufor custom size and amount units to attack do etc. without scripting

Make scenario and mission making easier for the average joe who doesn't know how to or have time to learn scripting and code.

ie you ask about:

1. enabling pre-processing of triggers[not scripts ONLY]

2. make triggers more numerous, versatile and manageable.

???

ie you ask about:

1. enabling pre-processing of triggers[not scripts ONLY]

2. make triggers more numerous, versatile and manageable.

???

I guess we perfectly understood what he wrote. Moreover this isn't the place to discuss that.

I edited the first post. It's a lot more compact and organized now. I also added "Artistic direction" to the game features list, which I hope will soon be filled with info from BIS regarding their plans for the overall art aspect of the game (sound,visuals,content design)

please understand that if it is confirmed for VBS2, it doesn't mean will be in A3...

Granted but that generally includes the 'asset improvements' such as door breaching, the portable ladders, interactive and advanced vehicle assignment,underground etc. The basic working can give a general idea since they've been the same until VBS2 got physX which A3 is now getting.

Since the two are more than likely to share physics and assets, I'd be willing to bet that all the motion we see on the free falling character (compared to Arma2's static faller) is an example of the new animation system and vehicles will behave more in the way of that trailer.

I certainly hope so..tracked vehicles go much slower than the AAV's we saw uphill and landing a helicopter like that pretty much makes you skiddy bump across the terrain, also TKOH taxi'ing baybeh.

i realized one thing, lots of lights and implementation of FXAA, doesnt that mean they did deferred lighting?

i realized one thing, lots of lights and implementation of FXAA, doesnt that mean they did deferred lighting?

No, it doesn't. :)

but then why on earth would they implement new antialiasing method? a bit extreme even for them

Because it was easy, according to Dwarden. :)

Hello, all!

It's the Bohemia Christmas party tonight, so we're in the mood for handing out some presents! ;)

cat-shrekxijoz.jpg

@PurePassion, in wich part of the forum did you get this message? :confused:

@PurePassion, in wich part of the forum did you get this message? :confused:

Hint, check Royalty's last post ;)

P.S. The forum needs more santa hats.

pretty sure dragging dead bodies is new (at least as a native feautre w/o user scripting)