Sign in to follow this  
seizetheday4eva

Please help convince me to buy ARMA 2. How good is it graphically?

I totally have to agree here.

Giving the enemy a aimbot (accuracy 1.00) and spawn hundreds of them...what about playing CS with only 3 guys against 100 enemy bots on highest AI, need "tactics" too he ?

Really, the AI (tactically birdbrained) and the engine of ArmA2 limit the game to the same gamey tactics you use in most other FPS too, they are maybe different a little bit but still total gamey.

bad example sorry >.<

I'm looking for a new FPS and thought maybe i'd give ARMA 2 a try, i've been playing STALKER Clear Skies and COP using the Complete Mod, i've also just finished Crysis, both have amazing graphics on max settings, graphically how does ARMA 2 compare, gameplay wise i'm sure i'll enjoy it because it's similar to the original Flashpoint which i loved.

Not to be a dick but don't get ARMA if you are looking for amazing graphics. ARMA is about the gameplay hands down. If you have a high end system you will still have issues with graphics and FPS rate on some missions and sections on both A2 and 0A.

you dont love Arma because of the graphics, if you go that way, I suggest you to stay with cryshit and stuff like that. Arma2 is way more than just eyecandy graphics. but ofcourse if you can play it to the max settings Arma2 is wonderfull

I think I've played every popular FPS out there. all of those you mention anyway.

and not to brag mate, I aint bad at them games.. especialy BF and MOH.

Try assaulting Zargabad with 1 squad of players on insurgency with AI to 100% and accuracy 1.00 (highest selectable).

You need tactics for that kinda shiz.

Actually putting nothing but aimbots against you is a bad example

Not to be a dick but don't get ARMA if you are looking for amazing graphics. ARMA is about the gameplay hands down. If you have a high end system you will still have issues with graphics and FPS rate on some missions and sections on both A2 and 0A.

The game is stunning to be honest.

If you set the game up properly, you should have minimum issues.

A large number of the problems with performance are user error or user ignorance (like trying to run the game at max settings, 10K VD) etc.

JM2C

It is bullshit that the game looks like trash at any setting other than very high. O_o It's pretty sweet on normal already.

Anyway, I have a collection of maxed out images, a link to which you can find in my signature.

they might know the controls but they wont know sh*t about tactics.

gameplay first always.

Jump on Cerberus5 forums, chat to the head admin (server owner)

Sgt.Cowboy and arrange a clan battle between your best team of hardened

tactical Coop players and we'll throw in our best seasoned veteran PvP

players and we'll see how far your 'game' tactics get you...

I'll make the bet you wouldn't even advance one sector. :)

Chances are after newbies from BF2/CoD or whatever who stick around long

enough and get familiar with the control setup and trained their eye on how

to spot enemy in the beautifully cluttered world of Chernarus/utes/Shapar...

they'd kick yer arse :)

Excellent comparison, 76: let a team of players who aren't familiar with gamemode or mission fight against a team of players that does nothing else but playing this kind of missions. Really a excellent comparison, hats off.

If you want a real comparison, play a mission that has aspects of both gameplay modes and is unknown to all players. But probably such a mission would have to be designed first.

At the very end, PvP players will have the same hard time on coop missions like coop players on PvP maps. Tactics are different, depending if you play vs AI or vs human players.

Myke;1940941']At the very end' date=' PvP players will have the same hard time on coop missions like coop players on PvP maps. Tactics are different, depending if you play vs AI or vs human players.[/quote']

Actually, no. Players adept at pvp tend to be good at coop as well, QED in the Chernarus Rhapsody Domination event.

Jump on Cerberus5 forums, chat to the head admin (server owner)

Sgt.Cowboy and arrange a clan battle between your best team of hardened

tactical Coop players and we'll throw in our best seasoned veteran PvP

players and we'll see how far your 'game' tactics get you...

I'll make the bet you wouldn't even advance one sector. :)

Chances are after newbies from BF2/CoD or whatever who stick around long

enough and get familiar with the control setup and trained their eye on how

to spot enemy in the beautifully cluttered world of Chernarus/utes/Shapar...

they'd kick yer arse :)

Hey, I would like to have your littel CLAN try to complete a mission that I have put together the last few months. This mission will be like no other mission around. It has two very different sections of play. The mission is all about COOP play that needs group tactics to complete. If you guys have a good server this misison will push the ARMA game engine to it's limit. The mission will last over 3 hrs+ at min. The thing about coop vs player vs player games is player vs player games/modes uses reaction skills not team tactics.

OFP/ARMA was not made for reaction skills but for thinking skills! When to I take the shoot, When do I move, How much ammo do I need ect. This may be hard for you to understand. Player vs player is all about numbers and speed of reaction and the OFP/ARMA was not made for that type of play. That's why COOP has always been played more then player vs player. lets talk! take care Avibird

Domination isn't real coop.

Ahhahahahahaha, right. You assault locations, do side missions that resemble smaller coop missions and kill lots of AI. How is it not real coop?

Oh right, I vaguely remember you being something of a realism freak who despises anything not in line with IRL: Domination isn't coop, CTF is for Call of Duty kiddies and DM is the most severe abomination imaginable.

OFP/ARMA was not made for reaction skills but for thinking skills! When to I take the shoot, When do I move, How much ammo do I need ect.

But that's exactly what pvp people do better. :p

Ahhahahahahaha, right. You assault locations, do side missions that resemble smaller coop missions and kill lots of AI. How is it not real coop?

Oh right, I vaguely remember you being something of a realism freak who despises anything not in line with IRL: Domination isn't coop, CTF is for Call of Duty kiddies and DM is the most severe abomination imaginable.

But that's exactly what pvp people do better. :p

Sir I disagree with that. player vs player people break off into small littel teams and do what they want to do! Nobody in a player vs player game will not take a shoot at a tank if they see one before they count the number of armor in the area to see if they have ammo to take all the armor out! In my missions you will get the whole group killed if you don't have the correct number of rockets for the armor.

and i disagre on that one just as well. Been in almost every TvT/PvP tournament available till 1 year ago, and i can tell you those can be very organized games (Ofcra used to play non respawn TvT missions...you think anyone would be willing to just die guns blazing and pick their nose for the rest of the 1-2h game?)

and i disagre on that one just as well. Been in almost every TvT/PvP tournament available till 1 year ago, and i can tell you those can be very organized games (Ofcra used to play non respawn TvT missions...you think anyone would be willing to just die guns blazing and pick their nose for the rest of the 1-2h game?)

PuFu not to fight with anyone here (by the way celery thank you for all your scipts) but that's how I feel. Player vs player is all about reaction skills to the other human player where a good coop missions is all about the plan and how you as a group perform that plan.

Both coop and PvP are about reaction skills, planning and performance. I don't know why you feel one has to be exclusive to the other.

Both coop and PvP are about reaction skills, planning and performance. I don't know why you feel one has to be exclusive to the other.

Our bad this is for a different thread. This should be about convincing the OP to buy ARMA 2. PS if he needs to be convinced then he should not buy this game. Just look at ARMA it will sell itself. ARMA can be anything you want! COOP, PLAYER VS PLAYER, LIFE, WAREFARE ect.... sorry lets stay on topic.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Myke;1940941']Excellent comparison' date=' 76: let a team of players who aren't familiar with gamemode or mission fight against a team of players that does nothing else but playing this kind of missions. Really a excellent comparison, hats off.

If you want a real comparison, play a mission that has aspects of both gameplay modes and is unknown to all players. But probably such a mission would have to be designed first.

At the very end, PvP players will have the same hard time on coop missions like coop players on PvP maps. Tactics are different, depending if you play vs AI or vs human players.[/quote']

Chill out bro... the bloke i was replying to was saying 'thoses' players skills amount to nothing without tactics... but have a go at me :)

domo TvT if you like.... still the same result.

I play insurgency (coop) most nights for a few hours and without a 'hard time' and score higher than most... so PvP skills no matter what game means more that 'game' tactics... and thats my argument to the 'other' bloke.

Player vs player is all about reaction skills to the other human player where a good coop missions is all about the plan and how you as a group perform that plan.

Tell that to the many People I ambushed/outflanked/tricked/shoot to pieces with my Squad.... Their Reaction Time didn´t really serve them well.....

for those chasing after "graphics" in arma2 series: "Dude.. forget CoD; this is the real deal in here! CoD is for kids! If u wanna have a feel of 'whats it like in field'..go get yourself arma2 or give a try to its demo version~"

You shouldn't play Arma if graphics come first and then gameplay. Yes the graphics are great, but the gameplay is better. I found COD to have better graphics but left me feeling empty because of artificial, contrived, arcade gameplay.

I agree. COD is definitely linear. Crysis calls itself a 'sandbox' game (arguable) but Arma2 is clearly the king of sandbox gaming.

Download the demo and conince youself to purchase this game. Why for Christ's sake people are asking to be convinced is really beyond my understanding.

kind regards