Hope you get it sorted, I still can't even get the email :(

Mikeros email has pretty strong spam filter and at least when I mailed him my registeration I got a confirmation email from his mailbox that I had to reply a verification so the system knew i was not just spam.

Could be he has not received your email yet so be patient. 

Mikeros email has pretty strong spam filter and at least when I mailed him my registeration I got a confirmation email from his mailbox that I had to reply a verification so the system knew i was not just spam.

Could be he has not received your email yet so be patient. 

I can't even register on DH, the email never turns up to verify account. There is a couple of people a few posts back having the same trouble.

I can't even register on DH, the email never turns up to verify account. There is a couple of people a few posts back having the same trouble.

Could still be an email issue where the reply gets lost in spam filter. Have you tried with another email account? I know its not optimal, but could help solve where the problem is.

Could still be an email issue where the reply gets lost in spam filter. Have you tried with another email account? I know its not optimal, but could help solve where the problem is.

tried gmail, yahoo and my isp's, even tried my wife's yahoo lol, but never got an email.

tried gmail, yahoo and my isp's, even tried my wife's yahoo lol, but never got an email.

That is unfortunate. Might be that they guys running it are too busy right now. The tools aren't official and Dev-Heaven is voluntarily ran by couple of old community gurus. They could have lost interest too. :I 

I hope your issue gets resolved!

Since money is involved, I would like to think they would have a lot of interest in this.  

Since money is involved, I would like to think they would have a lot of interest in this.  

That is true. Hope the situation is resolved soon.

With MikeroUpdater 1.12 I now get a login request on startup.

I assume I should use my DH login data, right? Because i just receive a "download failed" error.

Thanks

I also get the "download failed" error. I am logging in with my DH account details.

I also get the "download failed" error. I am logging in with my DH account details.

I too am suffering the same error. That is of course, assuming the tool works off of the DevHeaven account info (my assumption is perhaps its a username/password combo emailed to subscribers to prevent unauthorised usage if its not directly linked to DH info). Hopefully some news regarding this will be forthcoming...

I have given up on Dev Heaven and now run my own server and website.

I  have sent messages out to all skype groups about this.

and now, here :)

if you are a current subscriber you need to download the NEW updater by using the OLD updater.

if you wish to become a subscriber, the same mechanics are involved as before. Essentially, $35/year via paypal to sloompie16@gmail.com

the NEW updater is available to everyone in the free tools section of Dev Heaven, https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

In all cases, the dev heaven login (or lack of one) is irrelevant.

your login is the email address you send me in the paypal request.

to which, i will reply with a password

existing subscribers *also* require a new login and password and they can contact me via skype or email direct.

while an apology is in order here for messing all of you about. I hope you understand the necessity of getting away from dev-heaven, and hence, the temporary wrinkles.

• Like 4

Hi

Since last Arma Eden update I cannot pack my map with PBO Project. I never had this problem before and nothing in the Log helps me to find the solution . Please have a look at those 2 screens and let me know what could be the solution if you know.

pboproject.jpg

pboproject2.png

Thank very much.

Variable.A

The free versions of my tools don't support bi's newly introduced type70 p3d's

I have no plans to update them. Subscribers get the benefit of a never ending stream of updates as bis move goalposts.

• Like 1

I had to reinstall windows few days ago and thought also to reinstall all Arma tools and perform P: drive unpacking. While everything works now I ran into couple of problems too. 

Is there a reason why Arma3P now wants to remove buldozer from P: drive and path the tools to Arma3 exe? Im asking because this does not seem to work as it only prompts for (K) as in OK? and the just shuts down. The unpacking was all done and it did remove buldozer, but paths were not set and I had to install buldozer via the A3 tools.

This seems to have left me with the tetrahedron missing error when running buldozer in Terrain Builder though I suspect its unrelated. Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying. 

the insistence on K is simply to ensure that the user has, actually, read the warning message. far too often in the past, users simply let arma3p do it's thing and ignored all errors (or warnings) and THEN posted forum or skype messages asking why bla bla doesn't work!

yes, indeed, arma3p finished successfully, but what it cannot do is alter the registry settings for OB and TB respectively (not quite true), to change them to the 'real' buldozer called arma3.exe

and the reason for this change is that buldozer.exe is not necessarily identical to arma3.exe but it must be.

and the reason for not making an identical copy in the p: drive is that a mountain of ever changing crud must also be copied over to P as well.

finally, putting bis executables, (tools, or arma3), or even my tools on the p:drive is a disaster waiting to happen. indeed it has happened in the past where bis assumed the entire contents of p: was theirs and wiped you out when they updated. (quickly fixed, but you;'d never want a repeat)

as the dos screen advises you, you simply have to point the respective TB OB tools using the tools own 'options' to point to arma3.exe rather than P; anything.

I do not know how bis tools you mention achieve this. they can, as stated in the dos screen, be done by you anyway.

I am only aware of the tetrahedron bug being mentioned some time ago and can't answer whether it's related to using bi's Devp or not.

personally, i'd recommend not using it at all.

the insistence on K is simply to ensure that the user has, actually, read the warning message. far too often in the past, users simply let arma3p do it's thing and ignored all errors (or warnings) and THEN posted forum or skype messages asking why bla bla doesn't work!

yes, indeed, arma3p finished successfully, but what it cannot do is alter the registry settings for OB and TB respectively (not quite true), to change them to the 'real' buldozer called arma3.exe

and the reason for this change is that buldozer.exe is not necessarily identical to arma3.exe but it must be.

and the reason for not making an identical copy in the p: drive is that a mountain of ever changing crud must also be copied over to P as well.

finally, putting bis executables, (tools, or arma3), or even my tools on the p:drive is a disaster waiting to happen. indeed it has happened in the past where bis assumed the entire contents of p: was theirs and wiped you out when they updated. (quickly fixed, but you;'d never want a repeat)

as the dos screen advises you, you simply have to point the respective TB OB tools using the tools own 'options' to point to arma3.exe rather than P; anything.

I do not know how bis tools you mention achieve this. they can, as stated in the dos screen, be done by you anyway.

I am only aware of the tetrahedron bug being mentioned some time ago and can't answer whether it's related to using bi's Devp or not.

personally, i'd recommend not using it at all.

Ah I see, I got the impression that the A3P was going to write the paths by itself. That clears it up. 

The tetrahedron thing is most likely their issue since people have been reporting it a lot It was just weird I got it now too. 

You do have a point that running Buldozer via Arma3 exe would be better to make sure the version is up to date and I will follow your advice on that.

Thanks for your response! 

I'm a little out of the loop, but while reading through the recent posts - just to see why I am getting so many alerts - the topic of P: drive caught my attention. Can somebody summarize the current discussion? I have been unable to use Buldozer for a while now, and in the process of trying to remedy that, I can no longer use Arma3Tools as a one-stop hub. I can use most of the individual components, such as Object Builder, Addon Builder (don't hate), TexView2. I cannot, however, use the mass image converter tool (forget the name) or reestablish my P: drive. After reading toady, I'm not sure I want to or even need to.

A personal note:

The significance of your work to the community cannot be exaggerated.

None of my projects would never have been possible without your great job.

Thank you so much.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 3

+1 to what McLupo said :)

After 1.60 i couldn't of carried on without the help of Mikero, now into my second year of supporting through the pro tools, the arma community relies on you and others like you.

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments folks. They make any person feel it's worth the effort.

@scottg, stop wasting your time with tools that don't work.

• Like 3

Thank you for your comments folks. They make any person feel it's worth the effort.

@scottg, stop wasting your time with tools that don't work.

which is why I've come to this thread seeking your help or the help of someone who understands your tools and developers' needs. Maybe I have too much on my plate to see what changes I need to make, combined with doing what I'm used to doing by default. I have been using eliteness, but I also need visual interface for my models, hence OB, TB, TV2.

So what's the solution to Addon Builder, what's the solution to imagetopaa, and what's the solution to Buldozer? Obviously I need a compiler. A mass-texture converter tool would be nice, but imagetopaa doesn't work without P: drive. A model preview would be great, but getting buldozer to work for me is like herding cats with ADHD.

you either ignored the warning when installing depbo.dll that it could not set your environ path. OR, you are running as admin with uac enabled.

There's extensive documentation for all my tools in start->programs->mikero\blah blah

they tell you you how i set the registry,and where my tools are.

The free versions of my tools don't support bi's newly introduced type70 p3d's

I have no plans to update them. Subscribers get the benefit of a never ending stream of updates as bis move goalposts.

Just purchased :)