I do all that's reasonable to give folks a quality tool set, for free, so that they can create quality models, missions, and maps. So far as I know, I am the only game in town when it comes to creating any pbo that actually works, free of errors.

I don't intend changing this same philosophy for for the past 12 years.

I also get a great deal of enjoyment from the thank you's, so that's payment enough.

But when it comes to the 'extended' tool set, items like Movefolder which save you hundreds of hours of hair tearing frustration, your time isn't worth much if you can't afford $3/ month or around 0.0012 cents for every hour you spent for no reason.

As someone said, if you get something for free, it ain't worth anything. My extended tools deserve a bit more respect than that.

Is that last post meant for me, Mikero? The last three posts were you, me, you, so I assume it was meant for me. I donated/subscribed late last week, and I'm in - all good. I just needed some rest, and to stop working for a night, to get fresh eyes and find the signposts for using paypal that way. BTW, Thank you for the tools (in case I haven't said it before)!

• Like 1

Mikero I'm having a problem I cant seem to sort out. I'm using pboproject 1.73 and suddenly its not copying the wrp to the Australia temp folder when I binarize. I've not changed any island config, I've just been adding some new buildings i've made  in OB. I've deleted Australia from temp folder and set pbo project to "full build" I've also done a full import in Terrain builder but it all comes out the same way. PBO project produces the australia.pbo without any errors but pbo is only 500mb when it should be a 1gig plus checking temp folder wrp isnt there.

Ive tried with 2 backups and same result, Ive then tried with a new island I was making and it seems to work ok. any ideas?

pboProject will not use the temp folder if there's nothing to binarise.. Instead it invokes makepbo all by itself.

Either:

your wrp is already binarised in your project folder OR

you've placed it in a ~source\  folder

source\folders (literally spelled 'source' ) are completely ignored. This is a popular mechanism for folks to keep control of various projects. keeping all the crud in the same folder tree but never to be included in the pbo.

pboProject will not use the temp folder if there's nothing to binarise.. Instead it invokes makepbo all by itself.

Either:

your wrp is already binarised in your project folder OR

you've placed it in a ~source\  folder

source\folders (literally spelled 'source' ) are completely ignored. This is a popular mechanism for folks to keep control of various projects. keeping all the crud in the same folder tree but never to be included in the pbo.

Mike Ive been doing this for a long time now mate and I kinda know what I'm doing. I've deleted the wrp and done a full import to generate a fresh wrp - still the same issue. The project structure hasnt changed the wrp is not in the source its always been in the root of Australia.

forgot to mention even a full build is NOT copying wrp to temp

pastebin the pboproject and binarize here

checking the binarize.rpt there is no entry for the island, I've renamed the rpt and attempted to binarize the island again and theres no RPT created. To check this Ive just binarized one of my addons using pboproject and it creates a fresh RPT.

Ive just tried the BIS Binarizing tool to binarize the island and that works fine, PBO Project doesnt seem to be working at all now.

i guess you need to post screenshots of your pboproject settings and your workspace folder setup

as pboproject continues to work for other people, it must be something specific

I'm assuming here your wrp is unbinarised to start with.

pboProject won't copy an unbinarised wrp or p3d to temp. instead it invokes bis binarise to do that.

IF it gets far enough, binarise produces a NameOfPbo.log, not RPT. and i think that's what you meant.

that log contains no useful information these days. Bis in their wisdom no longer issue what would best be called a progress report. in there.

what I think is happening here is binarise is silently crashing. Whether it fails,. crashes or passes ok, it dos not return a status, so pboProject can't know one way or the other. It just has to assume whatever binarise did, it did ok. (slight lie)

there are 101 and one reasons why binarise will silently exit with no indication of any problems. They range from a spurious, extra comma, at the end of arrays in a config anywhere on your p: drive, to faulty p3ds, or bad shp files. sometimes these errors cause binarise to genuinely ctd, sometimes they simply cause it to exit (because it ignores the problem)

Always useful to know that addon breaker 'worked'.  I can't think of a specific reason why it did. I can think of 60 reasons why it might, An almost certainty is that whatever it did produce does not, in fact, work in game. (missing icons, or white textured trees, or missing land classes or......)

If i am right that bis is silently exiting, the only answer i can give you is that you've changed something on the p drive. extracted a faulty pbo perhaps, added a config.cpp somewhere that's nasty. Added a new object on your map,. Altered a roads.lib

Only thing you can do is backtrack to whatever it was you changed.

If it helps, you can contact me on Skype to work thru the problem.

well there's some real weird stuff going on, I've restored a backup from last month and its failing also. I then removed all objects from the map so its has nothing on it, deleted all layers and roads, completely blank land mass, and its still failing to binarise using PBOproject, and yet it binarizes fine using addon maker? 

I then tried another map which I'm making it fails also with the same error. It has a few roads on it and no other objects. Really fucking weird shit happening atm

@ Auss

Please post screenshots of pboproject settings and all logs.

@ Auss

Please post screenshots of pboproject settings and all logs.

Yeah i think i do need some help as I've nearly exhausted all my options, I'm looking for logs etc I'm struggling to find anything with any useful info in it. I've got RPT log and the binarize log what else would u need and can u give me the location please.

Both logs from pboroject that you can open from its interface.

I guess one could do some comparison using DePew and DeWrp with their options from a previous version of yours that still work to the current.

That said it sounds more like a tool or configuration problem than a data issue.

Hi is there any chance you can make the setup form in pboproject resizable or something? My monitor resolution is 1366x768, an the ok button is just below my screen. I have to drag the taskbar to the side then I can just about reach the top 2 pixels of the button :D

• Like 1

wow. that's annoying.yes is the answer, I've re-arranged the setup panel into a series of smaller dialogs. It was getting ridiculously large (and noisy), New version will be released when i find another goat to sacrifice as the last two ran away.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for making these. Paid tools now installed and working... progress being made. 

hello salih

you are telling pboProject to EXCLUDE hpp files is the answer

change the files in Setup->-X exclude from pbo

and walk before you run. make a normal pbo error free before you add the complication of obfuscating it.

hello salih

you are telling pboProject to EXCLUDE hpp files is the answer

change the files in Setup->-X exclude from pbo

and walk before you run. make a normal pbo error free before you add the complication of obfuscating it.

Normal PBO working
obfuscating PBO error :(

I get an error after obfuscation

since the file in question is called config_spyglass i am guessing this is a derivative of the exile mod which has quite a few mistakes. The most glaring one is one of their files is called config.cpp which is a reserved bis file name. That immediately makes it an addon, not a mission.

1) if description.ext has #include "config.cpp" rename config.cpp to something else.

2) all files #included from any init*.sqf cannot be compressed. if your init*.sqf file(s) #include anything, exclude them from compression (also via setup)