Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Blood On The Sand

It's just that after killing the 30th enemy just by myself it feels like not much thought was put into a mission - providing difficulty by just throwing waves and waves of enemies at a player.

It's a shame it's made you think that, as a lot of thought was put in Combined Arms. In some cases, more than other missions of the campaign. It has randomized objectives & enemy strengths, reinforcements available or not available depending on your actions in previous missions, and your actions in it will determine how parts of the rest of the campaign will play out. :(

You're the first person to complain about its difficulty. I'll see if I can balance it out better in any way without breaking the intended difficulty of it.

I thought combined arms was one of the best missions. Lot's of action and lot's of retreating :) Those rebels that came to help were a godsend since I was the last in the team at that point.

I'm at the next mission now, had the campaign structure fail CTD so I gotta restart with 1.10.

In the last? mission, clearing Aziz compound, i am having a problem. It's already all clear, but the game won't comply and mark that objective as done. In fact i already have seen the colonel, but i can't capture him because i have to do the "clear the compound" task. I already made two patrols around it just in case an enemy was lost, my ai mates are in the "safe" mode because they don't detect any enemy, and the buidling itself is also empty, sans the colonel.

In the last? mission, clearing Aziz compound, i am having a problem. It's already all clear, but the game won't comply and mark that objective as done. In fact i already have seen the colonel, but i can't capture him because i have to do the "clear the compound" task. I already made two patrols around it just in case an enemy was lost, my ai mates are in the "safe" mode because they don't detect any enemy, and the buidling itself is also empty, sans the colonel.

I had that too when beta testing. Finally I found one AI driving the ZSU truck and one gunning the MG at the gate.

Another tester reported to me that the objective there that you're stuck on doesn't complete because most people don't kill all of the crew of the Ural with the AA gun on the back, up by the Mi-24. Make sure they're dead then go up to Aziz and capture him, it should hopefully continue properly after that.

It'll be improved in 1.20. :)

Edit: That other tester = Celery. Damn ninja. ;)

Edited by Zipper5
Ninja'd

Any ETA to when 1.2 will be released?

Nearly finished Cobalt, on the last mission!

Any ETA to when 1.2 will be released?

I'm aiming for sometime today. :)

^^^

Maybe you need some cheerleaders with pom-poms?

Z-I-P-P, we gonna get 1.2 today for free!!

E-R-5, he be talken the Arma Jive!!

Just to clarify - it isn't the difficulty that I complain about (because the mission isn't that difficult - the main problem is the lack of ammo, not enemy numbers), but the gameplay.

Killing so many enemies is not hard, I just feel like I'm doing a genocide of Takistani area.

Nice campaign Zipper5, Very intense. Am currently in pre-emptive strike.

Just some thought on this mission:

-the ammo you carry on the backpack are virtually useless as it's not meant for your weapon.

-Does the captured old man does anything in Loy Manara?

-if you wait till 7am, will you see the OP Arrowhead commence ??? :D

-if you wait till 7am, will you see the OP Arrowhead commence ??? :D

lol

TrollfaceHD.png

Hmmm. When I restarted the mission there were less enemies this time and it felt that it went much more smoothly with slow but steady progression.

Guess random numbers were not in my favour the last time?

You still need to balance the final approach though. I usually find myself fighting a lot of taki army and reinforcements take too long to arrive

Like when I got to the 'get into position' waypoint it saved me right in the middle of two taki squads attacking me and whenever I tried to reload I was immediately killed as it was in the middle of an open space :(

Edited by metalcraze

Just finished Operation Cobalt and it was absolutely brilliant!!

Going to start this one tomorrow :D Great work!

Zipper, first of all, thank you for the campaign - it's excellent, just like other campaigns/missions you made before.

I do have a question and a comment about the Combined Arms mission.

It's unclear to me which soldier is supposed to be the engineer: one part of the briefing refers to him as '5' and another part as '6'.

Also, how do I disable the IED? I believe I found it - it's a pile of trash bags that explodes when I go too close. I tried sending both 5 and 6 to disarm it but I never saw any menu item show up for that and I couldn't figure out how to designate the trash as the IED. I also tried to blow it up myself using a satchel and grenades but it stayed intact.

What am I doing wrong?

Never mind, found it eventually. Still, please fix the briefing.

Plus I, too, had the problem with the guerilla reinforcements walking very slowly over - it took them 5-10 minutes to get to the AO.

In addition to the above, I realized there was one more thing: the captions on various cutscenes flip through so fast that it's near impossible to read the text - I missed a lot of the content this way, especially when the text is wrapped to 3 lines and I consider myself a fast reader. Part of the problem is that the background changes frequently so the white text sometimes blends in to the background, forcing me to stop reading until the backgroung changes again.

Thanks again for your great piece of work!

Edited by xxbbcc

I've run into a most bizarre situation in Combined Arms, and I don't know it's an obscure game bug or if anyone else had seen this before. Once the attack on Anar begins, all of the enemy units are treated as friendly units in the game. They show up red on the map, they shoot at me and my allies, but my allies will not target them, and if I shoot them, they show up as friendly kills. When I point my gun at them, you see the green tag that says "automatic rifleman" or whatever they are, which normally is for friendlies. Every time I reload the save before the battle, same situation. Just wondered if anyone had ever seen this happen?

Beyond that, excellent work Zipper as always.

^^^

I've had something similar but not quite the same in another mission:

Alpha gets pre-spotted when attacking Rasmon. Helo comes in and scares off the attackers. They bug out. For some reason, the squad does not attack them and they don't even show up on the map as Red. I knew they were baddies and shot at them anyways......this is the start of mission where the hero gets knocked down by a blast, the one where we have to take the airport back, before the last mission.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Version 1.20 has been released. :)

Gamefront Mirror

(All mirrors are appreciated!)

Changelog:

- 15.05.2011 - 1.20:
- Combined Arms:
	- Fixed: conflicting information as to who your
	  engineer is
	- Fixed: town defenders will not attack you until the
	  proper attack begins
	- Improved: better solution to having the
	  reinforcements join you if they are needed
	- Improved: town attack is better balanced
- Technology War:
	- Fixed: identity of player
- The Final Stand:
	- Improved: better detection of when Aziz's compound
	  is clear

Wow Zipper 5 you are fast :)

3 hours ago im download v1.10 and now you make 1.20.

Thanks for new campaign version i will download this tomorow morning.

Cobalt was great so this must by beter :)

Loving this campaign... feels professional... had no bugs/crashes/errors with 1.10 using vanilla CO with some choice mods...

One of the best campaign played until now.A very good work!

A Problem with the Campaign Intro. The Ambush doesn´t work.

I think you made a trigger that activates as soon as the Tank is destroyed, well I´m using ACE, so those mines are not enough to destroy the T-72, the only disable him. Why don´t you change the trigger so that it activates as soon as the tank drives over the mines?

Because the campaign wasn't designed to work with ACE. ;)

@Tonci87

Dont you know that playing sp missions/campaigns with ace mod its not the best choise :)

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

@Zipper5

im started playing Blood on the sand, great work :) im like that you make campaigns with other factions not only USA army or marines.

Mayby someday wenn you gona have time you make campaign for Takistan army or Napa/Chdkz :) Conflict from other site.

Well I usually don´t have Problems with ACE in SP.

Come on Zipper, its only a minor less than a minute change, please consider it in your next Patch :D