Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Blood On The Sand

Zipper5 is now Bi developer and work on Arma 3 so i dont think he have time for something for arma 2.

tom3kb: thanks for the info and congrats to Zipper5 (given all his contributions, he certainly deserves it)

Can anyone else help me?

Did anyone else complete this mission?

domokun, I suppose you are replying on the wrong campaign. Your problem is with Operation Cobalt. Is it not?

Err yes. I'm very sorry about that. I got the wrong thread. Please ignore this. I'll just go and stand in the corner for a while...

Secondly, how do you get team member 6 to disarm the IED in the 5th mission? I found the IED (garbage) but can't get him to disarm it. I would think you would just point at it, select team member 6 and choose "Interact" but its greyed out. I know it's definitely the IED because I eventually got frustrated and walked up to it and it blew up.

Sounds like you downloaded an older version; see my post on page 13.

Hi, love the compaign so far. I've reach the mission "Technology War" and i found the tank at the south of the town. I used the binoculars to get the position ,but how do i relay this information to the artilery?

^^^^

Dude, take some C4, crawl on you belly until your just behind it and blew that puppy up. Works every time!

^^^^

Dude, take some C4, crawl on you belly until your just behind it and blew that puppy up. Works every time!

Thats not an option because near the tank there are 8-10 guys, and its broad daylight :)

edit: nevermind i figured it out; i just had to click on it on the map.

Edited by m101

I'm stuck on the 2nd or 3rd mission (not sure if the first one really counts), where a platoon of UN soldiers arrive in trucks in village. The lead M113 is taken out by an RPG and so the mission begins with my platoon and I jumping out of the back of the truck. The problem is that within the first 2-3 secs the entire platoon get cut down (nearby MG?) and we all bleed to our deaths a few minutes later. Does anyone know a workaround? I suspect Robalo's ASR AI and TPW's suppression mods are making this harder than was originally intended... Ideas?

Why the hell people never try in vanilla version before posting when they encounter a problem?

And to answer you, yes it probably comes from the AI modification mods you are using...

Try in vanilla and see if you still have your problem.

And next time, if you encounter any problem while playing with mods, try in vanilla version BEFORE posting!!!

Disable the mods that you admitted to be the culprits.

I'm stuck on the 2nd or 3rd mission (not sure if the first one really counts), where a platoon of UN soldiers arrive in trucks in village. The lead M113 is taken out by an RPG and so the mission begins with my platoon and I jumping out of the back of the truck. The problem is that within the first 2-3 secs the entire platoon get cut down (nearby MG?) and we all bleed to our deaths a few minutes later. Does anyone know a workaround? I suspect Robalo's ASR AI and TPW's suppression mods are making this harder than was originally intended... Ideas?

If it means anything to u, i had played out the entire campaign using the ASR AI mod without any problem.

Why the hell people never try in vanilla version before posting when they encounter a problem?

And to answer you, yes it probably comes from the AI modification mods you are using...

Try in vanilla and see if you still have your problem.

And next time, if you encounter any problem while playing with mods, try in vanilla version BEFORE posting!!!

Wow take a chill pill.

I'm only asking if anyone knows a different strategy.

With feedback like this little wonder these forums have a reputation for being so hostile.

Disable the mods that you admitted to be the culprits.

I didn't admit anything, I simply suspected.

Moreover for something to be the culprit it has to be proven.

Neither you nor I have proven anything.

On the contrary spotter's reply seems to suggest that ASR AI is not the culprit.

So now I suspect TPW AIS.

If it means anything to u, i had played out the entire campaign using the ASR AI mod without any problem.

Thanks mate.

Your reply is far more constructive.

Not to mention, more courteous and more logical.

Edited by domokun

there is nothing personnal mate, it's just that I'm just pissed off when I see that a lot of people come here and moan/complain about their problems WITHOUT ever trying to solve the problem themselves.

About the missions, it's always people who say "I have a problem on this mission - I'm playing with this mod, this mod, this mod and this mod (usually AI modifications mods - which as said, DO modify AI)", but they NEVER try to play the mission in vanilla version - which would solve their problem.

they never think, or are too lazy to try...

It's very boring, because in 99% of the problem encountered are due to the mods the guy is using.

people SHOULD post about their problems IF the problem is still on WITHOUT any game modification...

it's just logic and common sense...

anyway, as said, there is nothing personnal, because you're not the first one, and you won't be the last one...

but it still remains boring to see things like this...

if I were lazy I wouldn't even post here

if I were lazy I wouldn't even have suggested a possible cause

I'm so sorry if my post bored you

I'm pissed off when I say people jump down other people's throats, especially when they suggest that they haven't already tried solving the problem themselves

Mission makers often complain that they receive little feedback given the effort they put and the number of people who download their missions, but with a community like this, who needs enemies?

Sadly you won't be the first, nor the last...

Firstly, I will say that this campaign features the most professionally developed missions I've found to date. The storyline is unique and the missions offer plenty of extended firefights. Bravo.

I played through the campaign using ASR AI 1.15.3_test5 (and no other mods) and found no glitches.

Now there is a spoiler to answer Domokun. Don't read if you haven't played the campaign yet.

In the mission you are struggling with, it is designed so that only you and your team leader survive the ambush. As soon as you disembark you need to run into the buildings nearby and apply the field dressing. Everyone else except your team leader will die. Once you've killed the enemies in the area, you and your CO will move onto the next phase...

if I were lazy I wouldn't even post here

if I were lazy I wouldn't even have suggested a possible cause

I'm so sorry if my post bored you

I'm pissed off when I say people jump down other people's throats, especially when they suggest that they haven't already tried solving the problem themselves

Mission makers often complain that they receive little feedback given the effort they put and the number of people who download their missions, but with a community like this, who needs enemies?

Sadly you won't be the first, nor the last...

well, in that case, just tell why the hell you didn't try this mission in vanilla mod BEFORE posting?

do you have a goddamn logical explanation?

well, in that case, just tell why the hell you didn't try this mission in vanilla mod BEFORE posting?

do you have a goddamn logical explanation?

Wiki, we really appreciate you and your work, but you should really calm down here.

Agreed with Variable, Wiki. I played this campaign and Cobalt vanilla and was completely blown out of the water. It inspired me in many ways as an editor, and I really loved how you expand upon the story set forth by the official games. Eventually I started using a good mod mgr/launcher and have been very mod-heavy since. But I think it's brilliant that you did so much with only what the game gave you, no other requirements in a community saturated these days with scenarios that have requirements lists as long as their changelogs.

Maybe make a note that this is recommended to be played Vanilla and leave it at that.

Firstly, I will say that this campaign features the most professionally developed missions I've found to date. The storyline is unique and the missions offer plenty of extended firefights. Bravo.

I played through the campaign using ASR AI 1.15.3_test5 (and no other mods) and found no glitches.

Now there is a spoiler to answer Domokun. Don't read if you haven't played the campaign yet.

Quality mate, that's just the kind of tips that I was looking for!

I'll give it a try tonight.

BTW who created this campaign Zipper5 or Wiki?

Quality mate, that's just the kind of tips that I was looking for!

I'll give it a try tonight.

BTW who created this campaign Zipper5 or Wiki?

The campaign has been done by Zipper5. JFYI.

cheers

Not as far as I know. If you're looking for decent COOP campaigns I've found the following:

[CAMP] Delta Force 1 (CO04-12 , 6 missions + req Lingor island & units)

[CAMP] Grim Reaper (CO09, 7 missions)

[CAMP] Forgotten Few (CO12, 7 missions)

[CAMP] Ghost Recon - Island Thunder (CO07, 8 missions + req Lingor island & units)

[CAMP] Rainy Fall (COXX, 12 missions)

[CAMP] Operation Dutch (CO02, 5 missions)

[CAMP] Kalinka (X missions, CO09)

So far I've only played the first campaign but it's jolly good.

Maybe others can contribute their experiences.

BTW has anyone spotted any other COOP campaigns?

Obviously both A2 and OA offer campaigns that can be played in coop.

Thanks mate.

Your reply is far more constructive.

Not to mention, more courteous and more logical.

no probs mate! as u see, ImperialisDevil has also confirmed he had no problem playing through with ASR AI. so, focus on the other mods. i wish i could help u more but i didn't experience anything like that so i wouldn't know. the campaign is pretty good, and it's worthy of dealing with initial problems. cheers!