Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I have to say, that has a very cool outline. Little lights just started flashing in the tactical part of my brain.

There's a Corazol style choke point separating the west and east halves, a central airfield, a land bridge on the east coast, a second choke point to the south, and a western coastal town. Perfect.

Edited by Daniel

It's in a pretty strategic position. Planes and possibly Artillery fire from there could hold the entrance to the sea of Marmara. Not to mention it's really close to Turkey and those units on the map were coming out of Turkey.

*Plans Attacks*

So a quick merging of the clues might be an Iranian and/or Chinese Invasion of Lemnos Island - with SBS Captain Miller dropped off by HMS Astute to lead a Guerilla War against the occupying force?

It's a 30x25km island, will be very impressed if they're able to reproduce it to such scale!

According to wiki it's 477km2 so if it was a square it would be ~22x22km of landmass. How big is OA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemnos

Considering that the campaign seems to be set about 8-10 years in the future, it's not entirely impossible that the Iranians could be using Kamovs or whatever those choppers are. BIS has always taken a bit of creative freedom when it suited them.

Methinks Iranian occupation of Greece.

So a quick merging of the clues might be an Iranian and/or Chinese Invasion of Lemnos Island - with SBS Captain Miller dropped off by HMS Astute to lead a Guerilla War against the occupying force?

Yes. And then they find out they're in deep shit because Chinese are pouring in waves through Bristol. Ammagad civilization is going under /o\

With the scale of the map. If it was this map which they will be incorporating into the game.

The map itsself is alot bigger than Proving Grounds or Shapur. It looks like this might be a release on the scale of Arrowhead, Rather than Arma3

So... Russian occupation of Lemnos?

This seems more likely. This is probably not the same exercise however, mainly because it's being done on Rhodes and Crete (could be a "pit stop" though). On the other hand:

The ministry said Russia also contributed the Ka-50-2 attack helicopter to the exercise.

They also did an exercise in 2010, first link was from 2009, but no mention of Ka-50-2 this time.

Edited by colossus

According to wiki it's 477km2 so if it was a square it would be ~22x22km of landmass. How big is OA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemnos

Chernarussia is 15x15 ish. However, keep in mind it's a solid piece of land that's measured. Lemnos has lots of ocean and stuff, so the actual map is bigger than 477km2.

I really need to load up Proving Grounds as I heard that is a newer technology used for terrain.

Or in Takistan. so while NATO is playing with Taksitan the China or Russia decides to take one of the islands in front of takistan.

SBS miller rally the citizens against the invaders.

we have caprila

we have quesh kirbul

islands that look like they are belonging to Takistan.

There's a cross added to the huey picture.

The plus in a circle is also used for XOR

I have my doubts that they'd recreate Lemnos in its entirety. Sahrani's land area was just over 100 sq. km, Chernarus is 180 sq. km. Lemnos is 477 sq. km. Unless they've been working on it for over a year or reinforced the terrain team, it seems unlikely.

Or they could be replicating it at half-scale, I suppose.

edit: my numbers were off

Edited by cctoide

I have my doubts that they'd recreate Lemnos in its entirety. Sahrani's land area was just over 100 sq. km, Chernarus is 235 sq. km. Lemnos is 477 sq. km, that's almost exactly two times larger than Chernarus. Unless they've been working on it for over a year or reinforced the terrain team, it seems unlikely.

If you look at it on google maps it is quite barren. Not a lot of forests or anything like that.

We might be getting ahead of ourselves though. Just because we saw some helicopters on that island doesn't mean it will be on that island. I kind of want it to be but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I have my doubts that they'd recreate Lemnos in its entirety. Sahrani's land area was just over 100 sq. km, Chernarus is 235 sq. km. Lemnos is 477 sq. km, that's almost exactly two times larger than Chernarus. Unless they've been working on it for over a year or reinforced the terrain team, it seems unlikely.

By your own estimation, the land mass doubled with each iteration, so ~470 sq km would be on target.

well chernarus is 225 sq km so lemnos would be 450 sq km then. (If they make it of course)

Sorry, my numbers were off. 235 sq. km is the total map area for Chernarus (15.36*15.36 km), 180 sq. km is the land area. That makes Lemnos around 2.6 times larger than Chernarus.

But I agree with Jakerod, it's just speculation at this point. It's probably just meant to give us a hint as to what the story involves. I'd love a huge island and a ton of new assets for map creation, either way.

There's always the possibility that BIS could just split an island or terrain into two or more pieces. Like Takistan and Zargabad.

By your own estimation, the land mass doubled with each iteration, so ~470 sq km would be on target.

So by ~2050, we can play on Cuba? :p

So by ~2050, we can play on Cuba? :p

Hey, if this ARG comes to real life, it'll feel like we're all in Cuba anyway. :D

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Have we tried to tie Lemnos into data from the Friday 13th hack?

So do we assume that the pic is from BIS' research trip or is it ingame?

So do we assume that the pic is from BIS' research trip or is it ingame?

research trip, no way that is ingame screen (you can always compare with TOH promo screens - should be the latest RV engine iteration)

Ok Im very late, but since I started on it, I wanted to finish it (thats how I work ;) ) I did the XOR conversion in Matlab:

i1 = imread('screenshot1', 'png');
i2 = imread('screenshot2', 'png');
i3 = imread('screenshot3', 'png');
i4 = imread('screenshot4', 'png');

image(bitxor(i1,bitxor(i2,bitxor(i3,i4))))

simple :)

edit: damn good find on Lemnos, looks promising!