Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Someone hacked the .exe and the entries are on the wiki. Apparently Miller will be born 22.06 (according to an anonymous edit) but we're not sure which year. As soon as we know the DOB (which the exe scan will give us), it's theorised we can gain access to the p8h8.info by guessing our way to the correct login credentials, using miller's name and DOB. Nobody knows, except only pages ending in 500.php "work" (ie they are created).

So. If you'd please, post the DOB when it's been logged... ;) Should be the last entry.

http://www.p8h8.info/Programs/

This page is offline though.

As previously stated there is FTP access there, and i can see more than myself (initially) connected (password fails) but ANY username is accepted. Its just the password needs figuring out, ive tried alsorts of different combinations.

EDIT: there are 7 poeople on there now

Going back to Scott Miller. Service number:36877923. This format is only given to personnel that joined after mid 2007. Its an accurate format too so BIS didn't just pluck a number out of the air. If I'm right it makes him more or less the 6877923rd person to join the British armed forces(Navy, Army, Airforce, anything) since 2007.

Then, doubt it will give us anything(but if Stone-man-wheat gave us miller, meh) his Zap number(which may only be used by the Army, don't know) is MI7923

All seems too extensive for BIS to bother with.

/Grasping at straws.

Edited by SAbre4809

Programs/

This page is offline though.

As previously stated there is FTP access there, and i can see more than myself (initially) connected (password fails) but ANY username is accepted. Its just the password needs figuring out, ive tried alsorts of different combinations.

EDIT: there are 7 poeople on there now

http://www.p8h8.info/Scott.Miller.bon.500.php

nm programs

Just stop creating those damn 500.php pages. You guys got it shut down because so many idiots tried rather pointless things. As I said before, maybe it isn't actually part of the clue and was a server error.

Would be true... if WW2 did not start on September 1st 1939.

Don't ask me how, I just happen to know... :P

Well I don't know about August 1, 1939 but some people consider July 7, 1937 the start of WWII as well. /troll

I also think we may be looking way too much into this, maybe all we needed to find with this 'hack' is his DOB. So find the interview, 'search the users', build the barcode, scan it for the download, watch till the end of the search. Then go, "HEY!, Miller got born, the guy we might play as, cool beans, good night :) ."

22JUN92: Scott Miller born

the counter stopped there

arma_scottmillerborn.jpg

[ihttp://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/wamingo/arma_scottmillerborn.jpg[/img]

Awesome! Thank you for sticking with that. Now to figure out of that information helps us out anymore. That seems kind of young to me though (maybe because that makes me 4 years older than him). He is presently only 19 years old.

Well weren't the events in Arrowhead to have taken place in 2012? Seems logical that the next entry in the series will move forward a few years, by which time Mr. Scott Miller could be 22 or 23 years old, pretty typical age for a soldier, right?

Well weren't the events in Arrowhead to have taken place in 2012? Seems logical that the next entry in the series will move forward a few years, by which time Mr. Scott Miller could be 22 or 23 years old, pretty typical age for a soldier, right?

I don't know exactly how the British military works but my brother went to West Point (United States Army) and graduated at the age of 22 and rank of 2nd Lieutenant. He retired a Captain at age 26 or something like that I think. Assuming the British system is similar, the game would have to take place in 2018 or something like that. It is also possible he was in combat and just got promoted quicker I guess too.

Scott Miller is supposedly in X squadron of the joint SBS/SAS SF force. I think someone said he was a commander or some other high ranking officer.

He came from the Marines, where you theoretically need around 6-7 years before applying for the SBS. (some people with more experience and knowledge will probably clarify that)

Millers picture, He is late 20s early-mid 30s

This next war could be set around 2020?

EDIT:

IT maybe common knowledge. Putting this...

ftp://p8h8.info/

In your address bar and pressing enter.. gives you the option to login

Edited by CannonousCrash

Perhaps the whole hacking thing is a cryptic way of telling us to hack p8h8 and deface the home page ;)

PMC took place in 2013, so Armaverse story is already beyond our own timeline.

If Scott F Miller was born in 1992, the only way that picture can be authentic, is if it was taken around 2025 where he would be 33. "Don't Trust This Guy!". Perhaps this isn't the real Scott Miller?

However Miller is included in a chronological list of important historical events. That can't mean nothing. Maybe Miller is the one person blamed for starting World War 3.

Please do not quote images/videos!

Just as well someone saw that through. Or we'd have been running the wrong path entirely.

Just my own speculation here but was trying to decide why so many of the clues seem so divergent, from subs and SBS to Greece, Iranians, and then tring to connect it to the current ArmAverse.

And I think it is mainly to do with a campaign that may be centered on the character of Scott Miller (who I imagine is a 19yr old serving in ArmAverse BAF) and his efforts to save the world , in say around 2020. It seems to me that a campaign using RPG elements and several different maps/locations is the only way of tying this all together.

As for whether its ArmA3 or a new DLC is still abit speculative. But I'm feeling a bit partial to more standalone DLC. The ArmA2 engine has alittle more milk to give and the community is still coming up with exciting stuff for it. Either way I'm not going to complain and am looking forward to hearing the offical word from BIS.

Edited by W0lle

Just as well someone saw that through. Or we'd have been running the wrong path entirely.

Just my own speculation here but was trying to decide why so many of the clues seem so divergent, from subs and SBS to Greece, Iranians, and then tring to connect it to the current ArmAverse.

And I think it is mainly to do with a campaign that may be centered on the character of Scott Miller (who I imagine is a 19yr old serving in ArmAverse BAF) and his efforts to save the world , in say around 2020. It seems to me that a campaign using RPG elements and several different maps/locations is the only way of tying this all together.

As for whether its ArmA3 or a new DLC is still abit speculative. But I'm feeling a bit partial to more standalone DLC. The ArmA2 engine has alittle more milk to give and the community is still coming up with exciting stuff for it. Either way I'm not going to complain and am looking forward to hearing the offical word from BIS.

Excellent post! It brought me to the idea, are p8h8 Iranian(Persian)? They use Iranian letters, their logos are with Chinese letters, aren't they only pretend to be one? In that way they want warn where danger is coming. Actually p8b8 is somebody from CIA (or some similar agency), who know true and want it to share with us. Probably someone like "Deep Throat" from Watergate scandal. But that's only wild speculation.

heh. Deep Throat. heh heh.

In all seriousness though I'm ready for the game to be over now. The fun has begun to wear off, just hint if it's expansion 2 or a new DLC, or if it's Arma3 after all in the next clue please, BIS.

He came from the Marines, where you theoretically need around 6-7 years before applying for the SBS.

He could have been from any branch of the armed forces and apply for selection after 2 years.

So just to sum it up, we know Miller is a member of the SBS and that he was born in 1992.

Assuming at this point that he is a main character who will appear in an upcoming BIS campaign, and taking into account his age and the earliest date at which he could have joined the SBS, what is the absolute earliest date at which the campaign could take place?

Have someone that program still turned on? It could be that there will be some other date....

Have someone that program still turned on? It could be that there will be some other date....

No, apparently the seeker stopped at the date of Millers birth.

No, apparently the seeker stopped at the date of Millers birth.

Oh so... I feel useless now :(

Oh so... I feel useless now :(

Yeah, it seems we've cracked this one early again, but there's still the unsolved clues page. :D

(Btw. if anyone here can be described as "useless", it's not you. ;))

So, back to my previous question: when is the earliest time the new campaign could take place? Looking at the picture of Miller again, he seems to be at least 25, if not quite a bit older.

I think the campaign will be set some time after 2016.

So, back to my previous question: when is the earliest time the new campaign could take place? Looking at the picture of Miller again, he seems to be at least 25, if not quite a bit older.

I think the campaign will be set some time after 2016.

He is strained by what he experienced. ;)

I doubt this is relevant but it is exactly 84 years, 8 months, and 4 days between the first and last date.