Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I really don't know, I just singled out that one since the results for "Barel" are usualy mispelings of "barrel", "Roamer" and "Exorcist" seams a dead end or totaly unrelated.

That thread is the single one were "Tahlo" appears aside of "ArmA 2 site hacked" one.

Táhlo is a handle, something pulled.

Personally think the "tally ho" similarity is more striking, and conforms to the pattern (if Barel is "barrel"). I think barel is Czech for barrel, the kind you put fluids in, not a gun barrel. ;)

If Scott Miller was born in 2000, ArmA series will have a bigger expansion or ArmA3. No way they are going to jump 20 years into the future for a DLC.

Hi folks... i got finally through all the posts - or i think so... dont know if it matters, but the two names of the users with QRcode avatars are in Czech language...

Tahlo - Rod (has to be pulled down as a switch or some kind of device)

Barel - Drum or Barrel

Hope it will help.

I didnt posted something useful a long time ;)

EDIT: CRAAAAPPP... again late x.X

A pull handle, a barrel...

Anyone else thinking beer?

I also think this Scott Miller being born in 2000 sounds way too far in the future. Hopefully whatever BIS have planned doesn't happen to far after Arrowhead. I'd go along with the "late twenties or older" line of thought for an SBS Captain. 1989 or very shortly afterwards sounds more plausible.

Well

I think that we can assume that calling a php file with the correct name (in this case we can supose it was Scott Miller's DOB) would activate the hack and would unlock the ftp:\\www.p8h8.info domain.

(...)

500 in context can also be as in "500 Internal Server Error".

So who is running seeker in speed up mode? What year is it now?

^^ check doesn't really matter how fast the "seeking" was going, someone extracted the strings all together.

Well

I think that we can assume that calling a php file with the correct name (in this case we can supose it was Scott Miller's DOB) would activate the hack and would unlock the ftp:\\www.p8h8.info domain.

If that's true, we can assume that someone created the correct file at around 21:10 GMT, because three minutes later the http://www.p8h8.info/Programs domain was rendered unavailable.

So, please, if someone posted something at around that time, that could possibly be the correct DOB of Scott Miller, please post it here.

I have some ideas about this

Some data:

The last event in the list is the Berlin's wall's fall, in 1989.

After that comes Scott Miller is born.

All phps end with the number 500. Other phps are not created if they don't end following this format

date format can be DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY

If we assume that the DOB is following one of those formats, then the 500 could represent M/YY or D/YY. That would mean the the two Zeros would represent year 2000.

That would mean that

a) Scott Miller was born in May 2000

OR

b) Scott Miller was born on the fifth,fifteenth or twentyfifth of one month in 2000.

What do you think?

Have tried iterations of

usernames: smiller, millerscott, scottmiller, millers

passwords: 22061989 - 2005ish. (so YYYY)

Not tried MM.DD, nor YY format.

Edit.

Edited by SCAJolly

^^ check doesn't really matter how fast the "seeking" was going, someone extracted the strings all together.

But the DATE for Miller matters. Or maybe not...

So who is running seeker in speed up mode? What year is it now?

You can find out what is already known about the years on the armaenigma wiki. They've already been through like 10 significant dates, and that was hours ago.

How do you run it in speed up mode?

Don't remember who that was, but he got increments 10ms instead of default 90ms, if i understand everything correct. So 9 times faster.

But the DATE for Miller matters. Or maybe not...

Indeed!!! my bad, overlooking that one! :o

If we were doing this quicker than BIS expected, why did someone go through a webhost in Illinois with a server in the Czech Republic to add "22 June ..." to the armaeanigma wiki? If anything, are we perhaps advancing more slowly? It'd seem something of a tease.

01AUG39: Outbreak of World War II

Would be true... if WW2 did not start on September 1st 1939.

Don't ask me how, I just happen to know... :P

"Iran Air flight 655 is shot down by U.S. missiles" - 3 July 1988

This still interests me, there were more 'important' events (relatively speaking) in 1988, another reference to Iran / Persia...

I don't get it.

Submarine

Broken wall = Cold War

Miller = Born 2000

Now some war about Persia. This seems like it is going all over the place and what I can't figure out is why BIS doesn't block them if they are a nuisance which leads me to the conclusion BIS is trying to hint something to us or play a nice game.

If Scott Miller was born in 2000, ArmA series will have a bigger expansion or ArmA3. No way they are going to jump 20 years into the future for a DLC.

20 years ago most of what is in ARMA was already in use....in 2030 you won't be flying a jetpack....

...maybe commanding an advanced carrier but ppl don't agree on that direction because its "science fiction"

What today is in development will be in regular use then.

I mean that the story would be discontinued. It is not like some fantasy game where you have these 20+ year jumps. Recent DLCs and expansion build up on one another. Suddenly jumping 20 years seems to rash, giving away much of potential for further DLC or expansions.

Ok what have I missed? :o

Someone hacked the .exe and the entries are on the wiki. Apparently Miller will be born 22.06 (according to an anonymous edit) but we're not sure which year. As soon as we know the DOB (which the exe scan will give us), it's theorised we can gain access to the p8h8.info by guessing our way to the correct login credentials, using miller's name and DOB. Nobody knows, except only pages ending in 500.php "work" (ie they are created).

So. If you'd please, post the DOB when it's been logged... ;) Should be the last entry.

I mean that the story would be discontinued. It is not like some fantasy game where you have these 20+ year jumps. Recent DLCs and expansion build up on one another. Suddenly jumping 20 years seems to rash, giving away much of potential for further DLC or expansions.

I agree, this would be a long time in armaverse. And to say that nothing went on in that time would be unlikely. But I suppose anything is possible. They jumped a long time from CWC to Arma, but I don't think another time jump is in the works.