Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

and if you'll change the date to 1999? 12 years to wait less than 105...

and if you'll change the date to 1999? 12 years to wait less than 105...

Date doesnt matter, counter matters. Someone with cheatEngine should find it as a value still increasing.

App is checking this value instead of date

LOL, this community is too clever for their own good! :p

Edited by 4 IN 1

just thinking about the laws of war "...Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire..."

using them for cover and napalm. likely not good ideas then

start seeker, start cheatengine, search for 4 byte 1907 and change it to any year you want :)

Date doesnt matter, counter matters. Someone with cheatEngine should find it as a value still increasing.

App is checking this value instead of date

Oh...I see...

start seeker, start cheatengine, search for 4 byte 1907 and change it to any year you want :)

Other peeps keep saying that doesn't work.

it wont work... :) take my word on that

what you mean it wont work? it will just reset to 1908 at new year ?

EDIT: nope goes to the next year no problem, just gotta know the right year now.

Edited by Soul_Assassin

I am scanning 2011 now :O

how exactly?

Anybody else have this?

10oct11: Effective end of the chinese empire

Maybe some one coed open the file in DOS.

The "hackers" have written inside the seeker.exe this file cant be open in dos.maskirofka?

I did open the file in notepad++ and visual basic but only gibberish inside and i have 0 clue how to use DOS.

Holy Cow its so long ago i did use dos last time.

try some dates when the BIS Arma series games where released
I am scanning 2011 now :O

It is impossible to do it:

in other words, what klamacz said:

seeker increments rather than actually searching based on some year.

That said, if you mess with the start date, the program will consider the starting point the date you input, and find the same clues, but with different (read WRONG) dates.

anyways, i wonder if it's any way to find the actual clues in that wall of hex

I'll repeat this again, just to make sure everyone sees it. I have written a small script that can monitor the seeker.exe as it runs in the background. This way we can record all new messages that are displayed, even when we're not looking.

For anyone wanting to use it, two possibilities:

Option #1: Install AutoIt, then download this script and run it. It will monitor the seeker.exe window and log all text messages to log.txt.

Option #2: If you trust me and don't want to install AutoIt, I have compiled the monitoring script to an executable. Just get it here and run it.

In both cases you can keep seeker.exe running, no need to restart it. The monitoring script will just jump right in and start recording changes. It will also show a try tip whenever a new message pops up. :)

cheers for the scrip mate, but would much rather prefer not having to run it for 48h+

(unfortunatly, the speed of this software is not dependent on CPU power - i have it running on a dual core as well as on a sixcore and the thing is almost in synk)

Edited by PuFu

cheers for the scrip mate, but would much rather prefer not having to run it for 48h+

Same here, but by the looks of it, BIS have made the timer quite difficult to circumvent. I provide the script just in case. :)

Hopefully someone will come up with a clever way to get all the messages out the seeker.exe without having to wait.

I finally hacked this whole mess with clues:

BIS wants to show us that our immagination has no boundaries and this will keep us from fully solving any clues.

that bar code looks like the code from the advert on discovery UK, the advert about the gold hidden somewhere in the UK

ok the info isnde the seeker.exe is wrong you can run it in DOS.

Strange