Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

How did you get "Ten" to be CE 83 19?

Changed some bytes to see if the lettering would come out different, and got lucky. The block looked suspecious.

I follow your advice btw. running quite faster indeed. I wonder how You found that! ;)

hmm found something weird using cheat engine, found the adress entry for month and can succesfully change it to any month except OCT when u input month 10 it sets it to DEC, when i set it to SEP then it jumps straight to DEC at the end of the month, then back to NOV at the next month hmm coincidentally the only found dates so far are also in OCT?

My guess would be that it not actually counts up the date but a counter of days since some fixed start date, and that it just calculates a date out of that (there's actual functions in the C library for that). That was changing the date doesn't do anything.

Changed some bytes to see if the lettering would come out different, and got lucky. The block looked suspecious.

I follow your advice btw. running quite faster indeed. I wonder how You found that! ;)

I see.. I managed to find where the string for events is created (address 0x401837) and I assume prior to that at 0x401747 starts decoding of stored data. But that is way over my league. :confused:

Timing was pretty easy to find, just looked where settimer is called. ;)

EDIT: assuming you have opened disassembled uncompressed file...

Edited by LkFp

I see.. I managed to find where the string for events is created (address 0x401837) and I assume prior to that at 0x401747 starts decoding of stored data. But that is way over my league. :confused:

Timing was pretty easy to find, just looked where settimer is called. ;)

EDIT: assuming you have opened disassembled uncompressed file...

good find!

You are right about those texts, 2 of them are almost the same length as we found already, ended with 0.

Length of bytes in exe is one byte longer that text we found ("Ten ...").

I think found something like index of showed text (incremented by 16) in memory it is just after minutes and seconds - one byte.

Unfortunately, changing it wont change text :)

28JUL14: Outbreak of World War I

Damn, my clock's 4 minutes slower, I was waiting on that.

Found something INTERESTING. At the front page they said they had some numbers #1821 and something about greece. Look what i found on that date..........March 25 (O.S.)/April 6 (N.S.) – Greece declares its liberation from the Ottoman Empire, beginning the Greek War of Independence........ Anyone but me who thinks this migth be a thread?

Found something INTERESTING. At the front page they said they had some numbers #1821 and something about greece. Look what i found on that date..........March 25 (O.S.)/April 6 (N.S.) – Greece declares its liberation from the Ottoman Empire, beginning the Greek War of Independence........ Anyone but me who thinks this migth be a thread?

I do believe that someone mentioned that before.

This thread has quited down pretty fast.

I do believe that someone mentioned that before.

This thread has quited down pretty fast.

Was just about to say that myself.. Could it be that people are getting sick and tired of this ARG ? Or do they have real life stuff to attend to? I know I do :p

Yep it was spotted. I'll add Greece to the speculation cat.

NTRUDER;1920499']Was just about to say that myself.. Could it be that people are getting sick and tired of this ARG ? Or do they have real life stuff to attend to? I know I do :p

I for one blame MadDogX's screen counter program thingy. Means we don't have to sit here staring at the Seeker.exe.

Going through important days in history...

1915 - Armenian Genocide

1917 - Russian Revolution & U.S. Enters World War I

1919 - Treaty of Versailles Ends World War I

Do we have any other hints that we need to find out? Why the names they chose or anything or have we concluded that those don't mean anything?

wasnt the thread already at page 450?

how can it happen that pages get lost?

deleted profiles or posts?

iam quite new to this internet and forum stuff ...

Im tired with this hacking. BIS give us some real info.:)

NTRUDER;1920499']Was just about to say that myself.. Could it be that people are getting sick and tired of this ARG ? Or do they have real life stuff to attend to? I know I do :p

I dont think the hack was very interesting so once people found out what it does just didnt care much ^^, Lets hoping the next clue has pictures or sound of whats to come lol

What's the Z mean?

2aiht05.jpg

And yeah, it's getting a bit boring.

I think it's getting boring to be honest. Sure, when the Seeker thing is finished, we'll probably have some date like "1 May 2014 Outbreak of World War III" and still no idea what the whole thing is about.

There is only so much days you can stretch something like this. I would have preferred to have it end on Monday already, one week after it started.

well I sure hope that someone can hackzor it... using the sped up version I'm at year 29 now which has taken about 4 real hours ;)

The list thus far:

18OCT07: Ten Rules of War established

10OCT11: Effective end of the Chinese Empire

28JUL14: Outbreak of World War I

03SEP28: Discovery of penicillin

Last one kind of stands out.

ps. it's not impossible that I missed some inbetweens, but if so, they must've been quite short.

pps. I ain't leavin it on overnight, so I won't reach the 21st century.

also I'm guessing it's probably a waste of time ;)

I remember the good old days when you'd get a shadowy screenshot and three days later an announcement.

MattXR and Alwarren, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions, and I do not want to strip you of them, but honestly, try keeping posts on topic according to the thread - If you don't like this ARG, go ahead and make a thread yourselves where you can rant all you want. Many of us are enjoying it, however frustrating it may be that we don't know what is what as of right now - Interactivity is key, and this is interactivity at its highest. It's a very good way of bonding together the community, if you ask me.

What's the Z mean?

And yeah, it's getting a bit boring.

Z probably means zulu time, as in GMT(greenwich mean time). It's the most logical explanation as of right now anyway.

EDIT: Edited for a 2 time repeat of the same word.

Agreed. If this is the price we pay for a developer that takes an interest in its community, its a fair price. Plus I want to know what year World War Three breaks out.

Someone noticed the exact Time (hh:mm) of the Events? Maybe Important for the Next hack?!