Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Just throwing some wild gueses around and dates of OFP/OFP Resistance... i was actually hoping that Gen Guba was of Persian/Iranian Decendant... But there is no real information about him or where he was from

Cold War Crisis:

After the loss of his friend Victor Troska, James Gastovski retired from military service, opening a small civilian airline company on Malden called 'Pegasus Air Taxis'. However, three years after the incident on Nogova he was contacted by Colonel Blake after the discovery of foreign troops on Everon, and was persuaded to join the conflict. He undertook sabotage missions behind enemy lines

Resistance:

Victor Troska has a somewhat enigmatic background. Born on Nogova, he was exiled as a young man and forced to leave the island. He found himself serving in various foreign special forces and secret service organisations - where he met Major James Gastovski - before returning to Nogova during the 1974 revolution.

Then in 1982 Nogova was invaded by Soviet troops led by General Guba, and Troska was forced to choose between capitulation and combat. He led the local Resistance forces in a retaliatory campaign against the invaders, and with help from his old friend Gastovski, they overthrew the invasion.

Do we know of anything with significance that ends in 500? Does the 500 thing work on all pages or did they specifically make it that way for this?

IS anybody else running the seeker.exe and it generating literally thousands of files?

Its currently generated just under 3900 files.

file types are .bitmap, .agn, .dds

with names like...

AirportHangars_Large

BLD_2storyArch_elizabethan_2d

BLD_Concrete_Concrete_1

Theres all sorts of stuff in there, Never seen it before since i ran this seeker program.

I dont mind it generating stuff tbh, but its over 2gigs worth of stuff

IS anybody else running the seeker.exe and it generating literally thousands of files?

with names like...

AirportHangars_Large

BLD_Concrete_Concrete_1

Theres all sorts of stuff in there, Never seen it before since i ran this seeker program.

Those sound like map objects.

This link thing is much more fun than Arma3. Can we just have this? :p

Now people are just spamming the shit outa it and that won't get us anywhere. Hell maybe it was a web design mistake?

Stop posting shit in there.

with names like...

AirportHangars_Large

BLD_Concrete_Concrete_1

where did it generate this stuff?

Those sound like map objects.

There was talk of some random map making tool a while ago in this thread, Could it be something to do with that?

Could the seeker.exe be communicating with the interwebs and downloading on the sly?

where did it generate this stuff?

Other Crap E/ (not in a directory)

my download folder is Other Crap E/Downloads/seeker.exe

The Persian (p3r51an) name, referring to the northern desert plateau of Tibet, is a particularly hard nut. Nothing on google maps for miles and miles. Bet you the exe will tell you about 1951, when Tibet was placed under China.

Come on come on I need more updates!

Expansive Rich Environments - Two enormous terrains based upon real-world North American and South Asian data.

TakeOnH-2.jpg

255213-mountains-on-the-tibetan-plateau-tibet-highland-china.jpg

1.1275415125.tibetan-plateau-2.jpg

Just a thought, seeing as Take On's being developed at the same time as whatever these hacks refer to.

Edited by Daniel

There was talk of some random map making tool a while ago in this thread, Could it be something to do with that?

Could the seeker.exe be communicating with the interwebs and downloading on the sly?

Other Crap E/ (not in a directory)

my download folder is Other Crap E/Downloads/seeker.exe

Any of these files viewable, like the dds ones for example or are they corrupt or incomplete files?

I don't think it generated anything for me but I also was only on it for a little while.

Any of these files viewable, like the dds ones for example or are they corrupt or incomplete files?

my pc doesnt recognise the DDS files, but one of the bitmaps i looked at opened up as a very thin and elongated image.

Not for me generated nothing either and I had it runnin for quite a few hours.

with names like...

AirportHangars_Large

BLD_Concrete_Concrete_1

cg, you are downloading ArmA3

with names like...

AirportHangars_Large

BLD_Concrete_Concrete_1

You can make list of all files: In command line in directory with files write: tree /f >> list.txt .. it write up list to txt file

edit: mistake, command tree missing some parametrs, now only write up directories comand corrected

Edited by BoboCZ

TakeOnH-2.jpg

Just a thought, seeing as Take On's being developed at the same time as the subject at hand.

Bloody hell that's quite a good link there.

Mind you 35.1 85.5 is very flat, but just south there is admittedly the Hindu Kush. Finally, "South Asia" has always meant south of Himalaya.

Are we sure that those files aren't from something else?

EDIT: Capitalization seems to make a difference when putting in the ****500.php things.

.agn are FSX autogen files. :confused:

Then let us put them into FSX and see if they work!:yay:

Are we sure that those files aren't from something else?

the file types certainly aren't synonymous with the Arma we know, like why dds and not paa?

You can make list of all files: In command line in directory with files write: tree /f >> list.txt .. it write up list to txt file

edit: mistake, command tree missing some parametrs, now only write up directories comand corrected

The file is 5mb.. just looking to upload it.

.agn are FSX autogen files. :confused:

You're right, i went through some of the bitmaps and found images of buildings, which resemble those found in the autogen of fsx. It would appear that my FSX install might be buggered, That or they are backup files from something i didnt request. I did play it earlier though. Its installed on the same HDD.

FFS thought i had something there.

I can still upload this list.txt if anyone is interested?