Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

In a parrallel timeline SBS arrive by sub to eat gyros on Malden in secret meeting to save the world with Black Hat Boys?

Hmm. seems I wasn't so far off either

This has got me goin though.

Min Spec....

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Now does anyone know if there would be a specific reason not to include the core 2 quads, as a number of them still clock faster than i5's (and yes I read the or faster bit)

Not to be a silly fan boy but if you're using an ATI card then you're simply doing it wrong.

Want vids of engine enhancements in action!

Not to be a silly fan boy but if you're using an ATI card then you're simply doing it wrong.

- You are a fan boy.

Looks like I am going to stick with my AMD HD3870 GPU for another year at least as it runs everything I want it to fine atm.

Hopefully my Phenom X4 3.5Ghz will cut ArmA 3!

Edited by Hoot1988

Looks very pretty and I'm glad my PC fits the current target specs (even the NVidia requirement for PhysX).

While I prefer 'realistic' factions in BIS games; the Futureweapons/GRAW type production design is well done for what it is.

What is with you people having reservations about Physx??? Arma has finally got one !!!! This is great news !!!!! I just hope they give the option to accelerate it..

With the announcement of ArmA 3 I suggest we all join up on IRC on the server Quakenet, in the channel #arma3 and discuss! :-D

PhysX doesn't only work on a Nvidia GPU! It can run on the CPU / PPU / Nvidia GPU!! So stop whining! :)

Man, I am going straight to NASA for my new rig and then I'm gonna make...

HUGE AI BATTLE...IT'S OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

So, if I have i5, ati 4870 I'm basicly F***d? Damn it!

This stuff looks unreal, Soldiers look like a Tom Clancy Future Warfare Soldier, The Land Warrior system in full effect :D

Now, I don't want to start a flame war, but I would use some other word than silly in there.

I haven't said anything about anyone using Nvidia, it's the stuff that run only on a certain piece of equipment I don't like.

you could ask Suma instead of asking on the forums i guess. 403 Forbidden

Try F5 key, it should be online now.

whats the problem with physix?!

there will be a new physic simulation with ragdoll and vehilce handling for ALL systems, its just improved for nvidia cards!

While I prefer 'realistic' factions in BIS games; the Futureweapons/GRAW type production design is well done for what it is.

But is it really soo futureweaponish? If I understood it correctly all gear is realistic / present today?!

Having read the Arma3 page now, I can safely say that I´m more excited than ever now.

Also, inb4 the "Waaaah this and that is soooo unrealistic I won´t buy waaah" drama starts

FINALLY BI are taking advantage of some artistic license here. Not artistry shackled by demands of uber realism, but artistry free of any such bounds, within the realm of what´s possible for the setting chosen. This is what I actually -most- like about this news.

The REALISMUH will be brought in by the community, once ACE and PR start to move over to A3. The gameplay itself will stay as (as some might phrase it) hardcore as ever, I´m sure of that, just the units and the story will become a little more futuristic, which is a beautiful turn of events to me.

Go BI. But, again: no completely buggy campaign and bad performance on decent gaming rigs at release day this time. Wish you luck!

What sort of gat does the bloke in the diver picture have on his back? Remington ACR?

But is it really soo futureweaponish? If I understood it correctly all gear is realistic / present today?!

It is real kit; but like FW etc they cherry-pick the coolest looking stuff to feature, regardless of the politics, budgets and other limitations that limit actual widespread use of such kit.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Try F5 key, it should be online now.

No, still forbidden to access for me.

any infos on engine if they work with RTE (real time emmersive) which map or so

Commanche helicopter project was scrapped.