Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

Realistic Sound Simulation - By NouberNou and Rexehuk

Realistic Sound Simulations

By NouberNou and Rexehuk

Background

After much deliberation, we have decided to open up our professional recording experience to provide the Arma 2 community with a collection of sounds recorded at source and digitally mastered by the team of RSS.

After many months of gathering thousands of audio samples from various military invites and gun trials we have produced a large enough collection to produce 100% true to life weapon sounds.

This project has been kept under wraps until now, but we are ready to put it to the public as we begin testing the modification.

Release date

There will be NO videos as of yet, as we are still obtaining licenses from our commercial clients such as Sony and MGM studios. We expect this project to be finished in the coming months.

Release date is TBC.

What can I expect?

It is safe to say that this mod will be the most accurate and indulgent sound experience you have heard. We have almost 100% of samples needed for the US and British sides, including armoured and air assets, recorded at source with permission from the military during live fire training with external mountings.

We do have some OPFOR weapons planned, but have been unable to source recordings for many of the more serious weapons.

First release will have:

- ALL US weapons

- ALL UK weapons

- MBTs of US faction

- Bradley & Stryker of US faction

- Warrior of the UK faction

- ALL US planes ingame (Including the F35 - We broke our backs to get this)

- 100% MODULAR

Thank you all for reading, I hope you will enjoy the most as much as Nou and myself have recording and coding it.

Edited by rexehuk

Sounds great. How modular is it?

Updated first post. It will be fully modular.

now that sounds GREAT!!

really looking ( or should i say hearing) forward to the results of your hard work!

Sounds great! Any helicopters? :p

We currently only have the AH64 and UH60 with full sound sets, dates are scheduled for AH1 and MV22, unfortunately they didn't let us take the AH64 up... can't think why.

:D I can't wait. So you guys actually getting the sounds in the field? :shocked: Looking forward to the Huey!

Wow, sounds really interesting. Will keep an eye on this one for sure. :)

You guys got sounds of the F35? Jeez that is some dedication. I hope you get all of the permissions you need and that this goes as you plan, best of luck.

Very nice, looking forward. :)

Yes, it will sound like they are coming right out of your head! It will be a very fantastic, almost unbelievable sound mod.

I'm really curious to see how different this mod will be from other soundmods. For ACE SM and DSS I also worked from professional, high quality recordings, but the problem is that the sound loses serious "power" when converting it from stereo to mono. Good luck with it.

Ohhh this sounds lovely. Can't wait to see how it looks, and more inportantly: sounds. Best of luck :)

I hate you guys. Now theres yet ANOTHER mod I have to eagerly await :(

take the best of all and combine them if theyre modular. Environment from the one, vehicle from another, shooting & explosion from a third and so on. But you´r right: too much good soundmods :D

Any news?

If there's any news, the devs will post it ;)