Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

Is there anyway for me to use the debug console to double check so that terrorist cells, ied and weapons caches are working?

ive got lots of red marked towns, but when i go there it turns blue...

I dont really know what to look for to find terrorists and so on, and dont know if it working properly...

if you look in the relevant files for each module you'll find lines near the top: _debug = false

Change that to True and you will see everything unfolding on the map.

Is there a way to make it so any Player unit can use the Recruitment feature?

Look in \support\modules\recruitment\addaction.sqf

It's currently restricted to Corporal, Sergeant or Lieutenant ranks as set in the editor. Dirty easy way: make all the playabale units Corporals. Less easy way: change the script to include Privates.

Thanks for the help. I was thinking more Unit type - Example -- I wanted to use the Special Forces units. I did figure out a dirty way by changing the type in one of the script files from Army or US or something (sorry at work and dont remember off hand) to Delta_Force_EP1 or something. That did work but was looking for a cleaner way.

Love this by the way. I play for hours on my own with it. Love the realistic feel. Was totally blind-sided getting the helo shot down by an RPG one day ;-)

Also - is it possible to equip the vehicle/aircraft with a radio instead of having to carry a radio to call for Support (CAS, CASEVAC etc)?

I don't think there is any cleaner way of doing it. You could add a new line in addaction.sqf that includes the unit type you're playing, but it amounts to the same thing.

If you want to change the unit types being recruited, then you need to copy a dialog_xxx.hpp and edit the class names in there, making sure the addaction.sqf points to it. It should all be fairly easy to follow if you look in the script files.

Ref vehicle radios, no you can't. This is a function of ACE rather than MSO (I'm assuming you're using ACE). It should still work if you pick up a handheld like the PRC145 though.

Edited by friznit2

Well the terrorist seems to be working..

but how do i locate them without debug?

Im flying around from town to town and looking.

Is the gunfire im recieving the only notice about terrorists?

It says in the manual that it should be a question mark and a red circle around a town.

But when i land in a red town it only turns blue?

Ref vehicle radios, no you can't. This is a function of ACE rather than MSO (I'm assuming you're using ACE). It should still work if you pick up a handheld like the PRC145 though.

I am using ACE and the Player unit does have the default handheld but I get the message about "radio required....". When I pick up the 119 backpack the radio function works.

Frosties: suspected terrorist activity is indicated by a red question mark. The distance is an estimated range to where this activity took place. So for example a red "? 500m" means there has been suspected terrorists operating within a 500m radius of that point. You need to apply a little intelligence analysis to the various marks in that region to pinpoint where the terrorist cell is hiding. Terrorists unfortunately are not in the habit of making their location public knowledge :)

The cross hatched circles on the town indicate recent activity last seen in the area - red for enemy, blue for friendly and white for neutral/civilian (i.e. neither enemy nor bluefor). There's no guarantee the enemy will still be there when you arrive though.

Wanderzz That may be because ACE is replacing itemRadio (the default handheld) with an item that has a different class name (I'm speculating here - I know ACRE does this with the PRC353, not sure about ACE). I can't double check as I'm at work, but I think the script you'd need to tweak is probably "mso_fnc_hasRadio"; so it includes the ACE PRC145 or whichever handheld you want to use. I believe the latest version of ACRE has implemented vehicle mounted radios, though I've not tried it out yet.

friznit:

Thank you for that explaniation.

Ive been flying around and just keep getting green flags.

I guess i have to check ALL of the towns...

If i once have made it a green flag, will it change even if im not there? Or can i only update the flag "status" by going to that town?

Btw..

Do anybody know of any other maps that works with MSO other then Takistan and Chernarus. For example any 3rd party maps?

Fallujah, Lingor and such?

Edited by Frosties

Highhead has been using MSO (together with VTS) on Fallujah quite successfully. I know he had to change a few things, but not sure which. I have also seen another early MSO on Lingor.

As per the user manual, the green flags relate to civilian population's 'respect' towards friendly forces, not enemy presence. If you kill civs, shoot their cows or steal their cars your respect will go down to the point where they may start throwing stones at your patrol (or worse). Note that in MSO, enemy presence isn't necessarily centred on the towns - it could be anywhere (although only the towns will provide you HUMINT by way of the red/blue shading). Look for enemy strong points, arms caches and camps nestled in the mountains or convoys moving across the map.

MSO should technically work on any map where locations are defined. The location module automatically detects these and uses them to place the enemy pop, but they can also be set manually in the script if required. Details of how this works are in the User Editor's guide. I believe Tup has it working nicely on Quomm province map.

yo m8s!

Updated the Fallujah MSO to 3.42 and did some bugfixings with the modules i put in:

Norrins revive

Norrins taxi chopper

SatView

VTS

Terror in Fallujah MSO 3.42 with TCells and VTS 3.5

download

Have fun!

friznit: ive used your tip about debug mode, and i can see the terrorist cells recruiting and such.

As well i could see text about "civilians reporting enemy locations" ..

never seen that while running it in normal mode and on dedicated server?

Do i need to have been in the town on the ground in order to get such reports?

I think it's fairly random. The simulated 'Int Cell' running in the background picks up intel from a variety of sources - civilians, simulated predator drones, SIGINT, SATINT etc. All that stuff's not actually there but you get the intel feeds from time to time.

okey!

I got an issue with backpacks.. whenever i die the backpack gets empty... ?

read somewhere that this was fixed?

Is it possible for you or anyone to make a MSO for russians? Possibly with playable INS, or Blufor?

It is possible - most scripts are side independent and have a 'side' option, which is BLUFOR by default. I did design it from the outset to be able to be OPFOR, I'm sure there was someone on BIF that had a GUERILLAS or OPFOR MSO previously.

Do anybody know of any other maps that works with MSO other then Takistan and Chernarus. For example any 3rd party maps?

Fallujah, Lingor and such?

I had this link going for a while - its not up to date, but at least its a start.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki/Islands

Thanks for Friznit and Tupolov for their help keeping things running around here!

Thanks for Friznit and Tupolov for their help keeping things running around here!

I would like to thank them both for their assistance, and yourself for an awesome tool!

Havent been playing anything else but MSO since i found it..

Keep it up!

Here is my working MSO mission.

This is just something ive edited to play on our own server

(64 slots dedi - 213.163.83.191:2602)

It is USMC vs RU on Chernarus. ACE, ACRE, RH and ASR mods are needed.

(will link the downloads soon)

i dont take credit for any of the MSO, just edited the mission and thought i could share it to others!

- Backpack issue are fixed!

- Respawn is working!

i would gladly accept any constructive criticism since this is my first mission im sharing publicly. It is based on a MSO sample mission, but ive started to build my own mission based on the MSO framework.

If the authors of MSO have something against me posting this version, please let me know and i would gladly remove it. I´ve released it just so more players can enjoy your awesome framework!

Http://www.robent.se/gaming/USMC_vs_RU_MSO_3_4_3a_by_samcro.Chernarus.rar

Edited by Frosties

If the authors of MSO have something against me posting this version, please let me know and i would gladly remove it. I´ve released it just so more players can enjoy your awesome framework!

On the contrary dude - we encourage it! :yay: As long as the new guys know to come to you when something is broken! :)

v3.43 released!!!!

Including: Takistan, Chernarus and Qom Province

msox.jpg

Get the latest 3.43 Beta Missions here

ACE missions NOW AVAILABLE!

What's new:

- Mission Parameters to control AI intensity

- USMC Support

- 20+ Bug Fixes

- Improved Ambient Air and Sea

- Stone throwing civilians

- Performance improvements

- New caching system (by Nou)

- MEDEVAC

Report any issues here.

Many thanks to Friznit, Robalo, Zorrobyte for their contributions!

Edited by Tupolov

I can't wait to get this tested with our group, and eventually the JointOP both our group and another attempted the other week (around 60 people).

*fingers crossed*