Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

Correct the ACRE crate will provide you with all the ACRE radios. But it renders the CAS/MEDIVAC menu inopperable. I'm basically stuck in a " I want my cake and eat it too" world. I will get over it :)

Thanks for your help Friznit :)

I have edited the Chernarus and Takistan maps... seems to work ok... just a quick dirty fix..

Regarding convoy startpoints: Define bordercrossings in fn_initlocations.sqf in core/server/functions for case "lingor"!

have fun

I´ve found the file, but i cant seemt o figure out what to copy.

Dont have a case "lingor" so i have to add one i guess.

What do bordercrossing do? There are lots of numbers that i guess is positions on the map?

Cant someone help me with more informations about this?

yeah, just copypaste "case takistan" or another and delete the things you dont need and adapt the positions for bordercrossings (those are the locations where a convoy "enters" and "leaves" /ergo starts and ends/ the map).

Okey!

And the ambush point is also in there i guess.

How can i get the position numbers? Never fiddled with them before.

indirectly...

you can add the regarding holdpoint locations from convoys/main.sqf to the fn_initlocations.sqf or delete/alter it directly in the convoys/main.sqf

guidance

Thanks for creating MSO.It's a great mission. Could I ask, if anyone is planning to or have already released a cold war rearmed 2 version of MSO?

If the CWR2 guys have used Group definitions in their units and Location markers on their maps, MSO should work without issue.

Sickboy gave this as a workaround...

_hasRadio = false;

{

if (getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "simulation") == "ItemRadio") exitWith { _hasRadio = true };

} forEach (weapons player);

Thanks Gonk and Sickboy. I've put the code in, just need to sanity check it and it will be in the next release.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. There is still plenty of work to do with improving performance and unfortunately, do that is a case of breaking everything down into little pieces and testing and retesting until you're satisfied - which takes time.

We're on it - but no ETA at this point.

EDIT: I've been working on Terrorist Cells and I've noticed that they don't stop spawning when there are no players. I had tried to fix this previously, but no luck. Will let you know if its fixed.

Edited by Wolffy.au

indirectly...

you can add the regarding holdpoint locations from convoys/main.sqf to the fn_initlocations.sqf or delete/alter it directly in the convoys/main.sqf

guidance

Okey..

Havent found a way to get the location numbers yet?

Can somebody push me to a link? :yay:

maybe there are other ways to get positions more easily but i would suggest the following method.

- place markers in editor for each location and name it the way you like. Fe.:

For bordercrossings place markers named bc, bc_1, bc_2, bc_3 and so on!

- start mission and go to debug mode and execute following code:

getmarkerpos "bc" >> copypaste the result to notepad.

getmarkerpos "bc_1" >> copypaste result to notepad.

and so on...

you will get [x,y] coordinates since its a marker so yu will have to edit each array to 3D like this: [x,y,0] to have it work!

Then fill those in your fn_initlocations.sqf

Another method (to insert more than 30 markers at once):

place markers > save the mission > open mission.sqm with editor > search for your "markername" > copypaste all regarding markerclasses below to excel > split up {x,z,y}; columns by seperators { and , (Komma) > transform the array so it fits the [x,y,z] coordinates (since in mission.sqm its [x,z,y]) > make new arrays as [x,y,z] and copy them in... sounds complicated... and it is... a little... but thats my bizness too, so i can get it quickly with this method.

First one is the more easier one

@Wolfy. Thanks for the reply regarding the group definitions for CWR2 and using this in MSO. On that note, I managed to obtain the group definitions for CWR2, below. However, could you or someone else recommend which files in MSO need the standard opfor russian and insurgents need swaping out with the CWR2 group definitions below?

CWR2_USA

cwr2_RifleSquad_US

cwr2_MotorizedSection_US

cwr2_MechanizedInfantry_M113

cwr2_M1Platoon

cwr2_M60Platoon

CWR2_RUS

cwr2_RifleSquad_RUS

cwr2_MotorizedSection_RUS

cwr2_MechanizedInfantry_BMP1

cwr2_MechanizedInfantry_BMP2

cwr2_T80Platoon

cwr2_T72Platoon

CWR2_FIA

cwr2_RifleSquad_FIA

cwr2_MotorizedSection_FIA

cwr2_MechanizedInfantry_BMP1

cwr2_MechanizedInfantry_BMP2

cwr2_T72Platoon_FIA

cwr2_T55Platoon_FIA

Many thanks, once again.

Hi, two questions, of which I cant seem to find in the documentation, how can I change a tyre? I have it next to the destroyed wheel, but there is no option to fix via action menu or self interaction menu's (Note: its a civilians wheel I'm trying to fix). And how can I acquire a radio as it seems team leaders dont get them by default.

All used on a dedicated server.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

The manual wasn't written from the point of view of ACE, as that mod has plenty of its own documentation and I didn't want to contradict anything. If you're using the ACE version then the tyre changing is all via the regular ACE interaction menu and any issues are ACE ones, so best to check the relevant Wiki (Note only Takistan or Chernarus have ACE versions of MSO at the moment - Qom is vanilla only for now)

The ACE maps should also have the ACE Backpacks crate at the FOBs, in which you can find the ACE PRC-119 manpack radio (this also works with ACRE)

We're about to release an update to 3.45 after it's been tested fully (I'll get on this tomorrow hopefully) - I'll make sure the crates are all added. I will NOT be adding ACRE radios addons though, because that rather breaks it for anyone who doesn't use ACRE. The ACE manpacks and handhelds should work fine with ACRE though.

Its not the ace version I am using, its vanilla I just referred to the app key as the self interaction key, as that's what I call it now.

So let me clear it up a little, I am referring to the vanilla chernarus v3.4 of MSO :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

However, could you or someone else recommend which files in MSO need the standard opfor russian and insurgents need swaping out with the CWR2 group definitions below?

CWR2_USA

CWR2_RUS

CWR2_FIA

Ok, so to clarify, the groups are looked up automatically, so you don't need to worry about those.

What you do need to insert the following Factions, which are listed in:

Line 70 - description-mso.ext

class faction_CWR2_USA {
	title = "Enable CWR2 USA"; 
	values[]= {0,1}; 
	texts[]= {"false","true"}; 
	default = 1;
};
class faction_CWR2_RUS {
	title = "Enable CWR2 Russians"; 
	values[]= {0,1}; 
	default = 1;
};
class faction_CWR2_FIA {
	title = "Enable CWR2 Insurgents"; 
	values[]= {0,1}; 
	default = 1;
};

and Line 11 enemy\init.sqf

if(!isNil "faction_CWR2_USA") then {
       if(faction_CWR2_USA == 1) then {
               MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["CWR2_USA"];
       };
};
if(!isNil "faction_CWR2_RUS") then {
       if(faction_CWR2_RUS == 1) then {
               MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["CWR2_RUS"];
       };
};
if(!isNil "faction_CWR2_FIA") then {
       if(faction_CWR2_FIA == 1) then {
               MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["CWR2_FIA"];
       };
};

I personally love CWR2, so I will give this a test, but if you have a working CWR2 MSO, can you please submit it here, so we can add it to the official release.

;1997702']Hi' date=' two questions, of which I cant seem to find in the documentation, how can I change a tyre?

And how can I acquire a radio as it seems team leaders dont get them by default.[/quote']

Firstly, an action should show up when you are near a car saying 'Change Tyre'. Then, you need a spare tyre, which should be lying around near the vehicle repair point. Pick one up, bring it close to where you want to repair it. And the action should work.

Firstly, an action should show up when you are near a car saying 'Change Tyre'. Then, you need a spare tyre, which should be lying around near the vehicle repair point. Pick one up, bring it close to where you want to repair it. And the action should work.

Yeah, I had a spare tyre located next to the broken one, but sadly no action showed up, just to clarify it was a civilians vehicle I was trying to repair.

Shot because he was driving on our runway with 3 men inside and it was a SR5 Reezo's IED version so I wasn't taking any chances, having suicide bombers n all :p

Also any chance you could clarify why the Team Leader doesn't have a radio, to fill out AAR and call CASEVAC etc I discovered a bug aswell that if your a teamleader and get KIA you lose your gps on respawn.

;1997820']Also any chance you could clarify why the Team Leader doesn't have a radio' date=' to fill out AAR and call CASEVAC etc I discovered a bug aswell that if your a teamleader and get KIA you lose your gps on respawn.[/quote']

Are you using ACRE?

;1997853']Yes' date=' I use ACRE while playing MSO.[/quote']

Look at the previous page. It'll explain about ACRE and vanilla MSO. It's fixed in the next version, which is in testing right now and should be out sometime this weekend.

i can never extract the description-mso file from the PBO. what code belongs in the description-mso so i can just create a new file? im working on an edited version for personal use.

this is a wonderful map/mission btw, really great work.

Look at the previous page. It'll explain about ACRE and vanilla MSO. It's fixed in the next version, which is in testing right now and should be out sometime this weekend.

ok mate, i'll get the clan to stop using ACRE until it releases.

i can never extract the description-mso file from the PBO. what code belongs in the description-mso so i can just create a new file? im working on an edited version for personal use.

this is a wonderful map/mission btw, really great work.

You mean mission.sqm? Just depbo the mission and load it up in the editor. You can add whatever you want in there. There's lots of tutorials on mission editing around the place.

no. after i extract the pbo and try to load in the editor, it says it cant find decription-mso.ext file. when i view the file inside the pbo, there is a description-mso.ext file. however, when i try to extract it from the pbo, it either extracts another file or doesnt extract at all.

v3.45 released!!!!

Including: Takistan, Chernarus and Qom Province

msox.jpg

Get the latest 3.45 Missions here

ACE missions AVAILABLE!

What's new:

- Added Playable (or AI) AC-130 and UAV Close Air Support (Thanks to LurchiDerLurch) - See Qom mission for example

- Improved ACE and ACRE Support

- Added Ambient LHD

- Updated Missions for Chernarus, Takistan and Qom Province

- Added New caching system JCache (by Jaynus)

- Updated Change Log from 3.4 > 3.45

- Minor Bug Fixes

Report any issues here.

Many thanks to Friznit, Robalo, Zorrobyte, Jaynus, Sickboy, LurchiDerLurch for their help/contributions!

no. after i extract the pbo and try to load in the editor, it says it cant find decription-mso.ext file. when i view the file inside the pbo, there is a description-mso.ext file. however, when i try to extract it from the pbo, it either extracts another file or doesnt extract at all.

You want to depbo the whole mission, not extract single files from the pbo.